• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shahid Kamal: "Two words you're going to hear a lot of on PS4- 1080p/60fps"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Warframe should have no problem getting stable 60 at 1080p, the game is not very demanding at all (it does look pretty good, but runs very well). Unless they added a bunch of graphical stuff to the PS4 version.

Will be interesting to see how the game performs when some of the fancy spark attacks are unleashed. It dropped the fps on even 2 670's for me.

spwolf

kIZqnGV.png

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/400013318309814273

ohsnap.gif

is this AC4 related? Since kind of makes sense to hype it because of difference between versions.

Gbraga

Will be interesting to see how the game performs when some of the fancy spark attacks are unleashed. It dropped the fps on even 2 670's for me.

Really? At what resolution? I can keep stable 60 at 2560x1440 with only one 680. Maybe SLI isn't working well with Warframe?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Maybe we should complete all those twitter quote threads with information about who we're quoting. It would help to know who this Shahid Kamal is ("PlayStation / Writer, Speaker, Freedom-pusher" according to his twitter account ? Doesn't help much...)

Whenever your playing an Indie game on your Vita or PS4, you might want to thank Shahid for bringing it to them. And he's a good follow on Twitter. Very head down and good spirited.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
total vr hint. you need 1080p and 60 fps for rift/ whatever alternative sony is making.
Sony's recent trend of mentioning "targeting 60" and "unlocked 60" have been leading me to believe this too. I think they're trying to push their devs into aiming for those even before it hits.

Sean

Banned
Maybe for old ports like Flow and indie games. It certainly doesn't seem like 1080p/60fps will be the norm for full-fledged "AAA" games, even from Sony themselves.

DriveClub - 30fps / delayed and trying for 60
Infamous - 30fps
Killzone - 30fps SP / 60fps MP
Knack - variable framerate

The few games that run at 60fps so far do it with compromises - CoD Ghosts has unstable framerate according to reviewers, BF4 runs at 900p, etc...

Sotha_Sil

Not that it matters much for the game, but is The Witness 1080p/60fps? It looked nice and smooth from the short gameplay videos we saw a few weeks back.

Bgamer90

Banned
Bold statement to make before the gen even starts.

I'm pretty sure that many exclusive fist party games will meet it; it's the games outside of that category that I'm questioning.

We'll see in 3+ years :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

I'm pretty sure that many exclusive fist party games will meet it; it's the games outside of that category that I'm questioning.

I wouldn't take it to the bank for every game as I'm sure some here are not naive but looking at some of the posts, we're getting a bit of that (not necessarily from you).

I expect good things from PS4 in this regard though but not every game.

That's kinda funny cause thus far we are not seeing much 1080p 60fps. I hope he is saying we will start to hear that soon cause not that isn't looking to be reality on either side yet.

I love how some are trying to damage control some of the PS4 games being 30FPS with "yeah, but it's a launch title"

This is x86. They know the architecture.

Gaz_RB

He's just saying you'll be hearing it a lot more often than on the XB1, not that it'll be for every title, obviously...

todd360

I just can't see this being true. You know that its just going to go back to 720p 30fps near the middle of the gen so they can push graphics as far as ps4 can go. Unless dare I say
powa of da cloud?

Jtrizzy

Sony's recent trend of mentioning "targeting 60" and "unlocked 60" have been leading me to believe this too. I think they're trying to push their devs into aiming for those even before it hits.

Hopefully it isn't half baked trash like their 3D offerings last gen. I have serious doubts about PS4/XB1 doing any major AAA single player games at 1080p60 fps, let alone decent VR. Wouldn't that require the system to render two 1080p images at 60 fps?

I wish this were true for all games though, PC has shown me the light...I'd much rather play 1080p with a variable 50-60 with the graphics turned down over 1080p30 maxed.

IN 3+ Years ill be a Mostly PC gamer and not care.

Anyone who doesn't think devs are going to drive games into the same 25-20fps glitchy mess this coming gen just to have "MOAR GRAPHICS" are fooling themselves.

60fps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pretty graphics. Thats why im building a gaming PC.

That's what the next generation is for. They need to be impressive right out of the gate, not make excuses for launching with shortcomings.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not slamming Sony, I'm applauding them.

Bgamer90

Banned
I wouldn't take it to the bank for every game as I'm sure some here are not naive but looking at some of the posts, we're getting a bit of that (not necessarily from you).

I expect good things from PS4 in this regard though but not every game.

IN 3+ Years ill be a Mostly PC gamer and not care.

Anyone who doesn't think devs are going to drive games into the same 25-20fps glitchy mess this coming gen just to have "MOAR GRAPHICS" are fooling themselves.

60fps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pretty graphics. Thats why im building a gaming PC.

Yeah, I'm still expecting a lot of 900p and 720p at 60 FPS on both consoles.

Maybe for old ports like Flow and indie games. It certainly doesn't seem like 1080p/60fps will be the norm for full-fledged "AAA" games, even from Sony themselves.

Infamous - 30fps

The few games that run at 60fps so far do it with compromises - CoD Ghosts has unstable framerate according to reviewers, BF4 runs at 900p, etc...

Launch window titles are an incredibly bad metric to go by. Compare Resistance: Fall of Man to The Last of Us or Uncharted 3. Game development is a learning process.

Lacix

Infamous - 30fps

Infamous Second Son could be 60fps (or unlocked) as far as we know.

Infamous - 30fps

Killzone SP is running at an unlocked framerate at 30+
Previous infamous games were the same, SS will probably be too.
CoD Ghosts has unstable framerates with a Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom