• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shahid Kamal: "Two words you're going to hear a lot of on PS4- 1080p/60fps"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtrizzy

Maybe that's another use for their remote play tech. I read today that you could play multiplayer coop in NFS with Vita and either player would have their own view. I don't know if it's true, but something like that could be used to feed the VR device the 2 images it needs.

Yeah I've been wondering about that. I guess there was enough overhead in NFS to render both...pretty awesome.

Vire

30 FPS Drive Club
30 FPS Infamous Second Son
30 FPS The Order 1886
30 FPS Singleplayer Killzone

Uhhhh okay Shahid whatever you say.

Amir0x

Banned
Shahid is like whispering sweet nothings in my ear with this shit.

Vire said:
Shahid whatever you say.
Shahid loves dem indies. Probably talking about how many of those will be 1080@60.

Alcahest

Exactly 7 years ago today, Ridge Racer 7 was launched alongside the PS3, running at 1080p/60fps.
Food for thoughts.
Also screw you namco for breaking the Ridge launch rule, there's not a _single_ PS4 launch game I'm interested in.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I wish we wouldn't have some sensationalist responses when he doesn't explicitly said every game but you can expect a ton of games being 1080p and/or 60fps on PS4. It's not that cryptic or worthy of dissecting.

With that kind of power under the hood, I'm very hopeful.

Sounds great but I'll be a bit skeptical. There were plenty of 1080p/60 claims when Xbone was unveiled at E3. Of course, the latter is prone to lying, but just to be safe, I'll celebrate when I see it.

KarmaCow

The way that 1080p/60fps was borne out of the legitimate multiplatform comparisons and turned into mindless PR nonsense is kinda sad.

Tagyhag

I'm not falling for that. Just like I didn't fall for PS2 Toy Story graphics, just like I didn't fall for PS3 4D/120FPS.

Even WiiU has more 1080p 60 fps games tham Xbox1, and more than ps4 this holiday too. I know there not as demanding. But the Wii U IS a capable system.

Now, after letting my Nintendo essence seeth out, i'll say

Shots fired. Whats worse is that Microsoft seems like the company that would ALWAYS brag about being more powerful, but now they're eating their own medicine (not counting ps3)

Contra11

Banned
I believe that most PS4 games will be in 1080p especially first party games , but 60fps
won't be that popular

and for games like Uncharted & TLOU i prefer better graphics then 60fps

nib95

Banned
30 FPS Drive Club
30 FPS The Order 1886

I think he meant with respect to Indie games, since that is his speciality and field. But DriveClub is targeting 60fps and InFamous SS currently has an average frame rate of 50fps+, though admittedly they may be targeting 30fps. KZ SP is not 30fps either, it's unlocked.

Also screw you namco for breaking the Ridge launch rule, there's not a _single_ PS4 launch game I'm interested in.

Stop stealing the thoughts out of my head.

I'm getting one, but Killzone's the only thing I'm buying, so I'll at least have a graphics showcase to remind me why I did.

MMaRsu

Banned
30 FPS Drive Club
30 FPS The Order 1886

Uhm whatever you say 'Vire', how would you know if any game except Killzone is 30fps? Quit spreading bullshit please.

kIZqnGV.png

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/400013318309814273

ohsnap.gif

Not holding my breath, but we will see.

KAL2006

Banned
That's a bold statement and I doubt they can deliver. However, Sony have should that they are well above their competition. Killzone Shadowfall, inFamous Second Son, The Order 1886, Deep Down, Drive Club all look to be way ahead of the competition when it comes to pushing tech.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
30 FPS Drive Club
30 FPS The Order 1886

Shooting for 60FPS
Unlocked up to 60 FPS
Yup. 30 FPS, Filmic presentation.
Unlocked up to 60 FPS with an average of 40.

Uhhh okay Vire whatever you say.

A lot does not mean always, or even most. But most PS4 games we know of are 1080p@60 or at least closer to it than 720p@30.

Zephyrus

Banned
Honestly you guys are too focused on 1080p/60fps.

Unless games really require it (fighting games, first person shooters, DMC type games), I'm fine with 30 fps. No lower than that though.

Couldn't care less about 1080p though. The TV I own only goes to 720p and still costed me a fortune back then. No way I'm saving money again for another.

I can have one without the other. On PS4 though if you go 720p, your game needs to have 60 fps.

Or you could give me eye candy. PS3 the last of us, eye candy.

Or better yet, just give me good games. I'm not spending money on a large ammount of pixels. I'm spending on great games. And at the end of the day, that's all that matters to me.

... that and seeing microsoft drop out of the business. Fingers Crosses for Elop.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
with "disappointed it isn't" in front of them?

if he's talking about indie titles then I can understand it, but I still expect plenty of bigger games to settle for 30fps.

yatesl

Honestly you guys are too focused on 1080p/60fps.

Unless games really require it (fighting games, first person shooters, DMC type games), I'm fine with 30 fps. No lower than that though.

I would have agreed with you, up until I had a decent PC. Playing games even like Saints Row, the difference between 30 and 60 is very noticeable.

In fact, I'd rather have 720/60 than 1080/30, as long as the overlay is 1080 and crisp, like MS is touting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom