• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we finally reached 350.000

8,819 Backers
$350,265 pledged of $400,000 goal
14 days to go

Come on. Just get to 400.000 already. Preferably before the end of the week.

You beat me to it. And here I wanted to post the entire update.
Oh well. Why not?

Update #19 (mini update)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/605150?ref=activity

Hey everyone! In case you hadn't heard, we have 6 of WayForward's Game Directors doing a super crazy Q&A on Reddit! It's called an "AMA" which stands for "Ask Me Anything" and boy, we sure are being asked anything lol.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1msg0o/we_are_wayforward_game_developer_of_ducktales/

Feel free to pop over and join in the fun! We'll be on from 11am - 4pm PST

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...taehalf-genie-hero-contest-win-a-nintendo-3ds

Crunchyroll x WayForward Shantae:Half-Genie Hero Contest! Win a Nintendo 3DS!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero ~ !
An all-new HD adventure from WayForward: makers of Ducktales Remastered, Adventure Time, & Contra 4!

Crunchyroll has teamed up with WayForward to bring you a Shantae: Half-Genie Hero FAN ART CONTEST. Submit artwork of your favorite Shantae: Half-Genie Hero ~ ! character for the chance to win a Nintendo 3DS, WayForward games, and more!!!
Become acquainted with the characters HERE
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

THE RULES ARE:
Submit your artwork in this thread! Fan art includes, but is not limited to: drawings, sculptures, macaroni glitter art -- as long as you can send it in as a JPEG format image.

Entries must be related to Shantae and associated characters to qualify (Shantae, Risky Boots, Rottytops, Bolo, Sky, etc.)
Submissions be received no later than 12:00am PST 10/4/13

WayForward is super awesome and has decided we will have a total of EIGHT WINNERS. PRIZING will go like this:
GRAND PRIZE: 1 custom Shantae themed Nintendo 3DS system*, and download codes for WayForward's entire digital download catalog, including:
- Mighty Flip Champs!
- Mighty Milky Way
- Mighty Switch Force!
- Mighty Switch Force! 2
- Shantae (Virtual Console)
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge
... and a WayForward T-Shirt! (In your choice of size: S, M, L, or XL)

2nd Place: 1 custom Shantae themed Nintendo 3DS system, and a WayForward T-Shirt! (In your choice of size: S, M, L, or XL)
3rd Place: Download codes for WayForward's entire digital download catalog, and a WayForward T-Shirt! (In your choice of size: S, M, L, or XL)
Honorable Mentions!: 5 people will receive a WayForward T-Shirt! (In your choice of size: S, M, L, or XL)
* Look of Shantae themed Nintendo 3DS may vary
** Nintendo 3DS systems and download codes are North American versions

Good Luck everyone ~ !!! Remember the deadline is October 4th, so get to drawin' ~ ! Or macaroni art or what have you. Submit in the thread!!!
We at Crunchyroll love Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, and support their Kickstarter currently running to make the third Shantae game!

TheOGB

Banned
Relevant and necessary

3JLCbhh.gif

Azure J

Jetman

Anyone here going to the Giant Robot fundrasier/Game Night in Los Angeles tonight for this? Thinking about heading over if work doesnt kick my ass too much tonight...

synce

This looks pretty unique. It's kind of disheartening to see it still hasn't reached its goal while the Megaman rehash has over $2M funded

Anyone here going to the Giant Robot fundrasier/Game Night in Los Angeles tonight for this? Thinking about heading over if work doesnt kick my ass too much tonight...

I'm considering it too. I live in Burbank so it's a bit of a drive... but at the same time it'd be really cool to finally meet Matt since he had such a big impact on how I draw when I emailed him years ago.

Also goddamn at the Dancer costume. Shantae is basically the hottest VG character ever imo.

The new costume in the iOS version is great, and I'm happy about the free game (that I already own on DSi), but it doesn't seem to work properly. Maybe it's an iOS7 thing, but it only takes up a small portion of the window on my iPhone.

The new costume in the iOS version is great, and I'm happy about the free game (that I already own on DSi), but it doesn't seem to work properly. Maybe it's an iOS7 thing, but it only takes up a small portion of the window on my iPhone.
I made a note in the ios thread.

The Full version has problems but the IAP version works. Just download it and the game is already unlocked from the get go.

I made a note in the ios thread.

The Full version has problems but the IAP version works. Just download it and the game is already unlocked from the get go.

I'll check out the IAP version but it's totally jacked on the iPad too - or at least the iPad Mini. The top and bottom of the screen where the buttons are is cut off and there's a weird glitch line right under the "screen" where the game itself displays.

Guys from Wayforward posted this about the update:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...o/posts/605486?cursor=4333356#comment-4333355

Hi everyone, as you know there's something odd happening with this update. We'll have it sorted out soon. Some people without iOS 7 are playing and having fun, but those who've recently updated are getting mixed results. For now, we're posting this everywhere:
----------------
WARNING: Some users have experienced technical difficulties with this update! Please stand by while we repair the problem. Thank you.

NOTE: a properly functioning version will display the WayForward logo, followed by a full screen WELCOME page that announces the new costume.

ArjanN

Actually I think 600k won't be much of a problem once they reach the initial goal. Plus you never know about the last couple of days.

Yeah, they'll hit 400K in the next two days, and then they'll still have 10 days left after that.

Even with no ending spike/rush at all they'll hit 500K.

Yeah, they'll hit 400K in the next two days, and then they'll still have 10 days left after that.

Even with no ending spike/rush at all they'll hit 500K.

And we just hit 375K
9,453 Backers
$375,096 pledged of $400,000 goal
12 days to go

I believe we'll hit 500.000 after we reach 400.000.

Update #21 It's a Monster Day!
Designs by Niklas Jansson (aka Android Arts)

Happy Saturday friends! Today we’ve got a treat for you from Niklas Jansson (aka Android Arts). Niklas is one of our freelance artists, and he’s done some really fun and refreshing enemy concepts. What’s a journey through Sequin Land without a slew of unspeakable horrors lurking in the shadows? He's even got some of his own spins on Shantae and friends. Enjoy!
http://i.imgur.com/GD4fPVY.jpg
Here’s a link to more of Niklas Jansson’s amazing artwork: http://androidarts.com/

E-Heroes - Shantae Mini-Retrospective
Following yesterday’s jam-packed “WayForward REDDIT” session, Super-fan Andrew Dickman put together this beautifully succinct video. It summarizes the history of Shantae and ends in a compelling call-to-arms. The video is incredibly entertaining, and is a great way to explain Shantae to a friend. Please share this link everywhere you can!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc6tZ6Hwpp0

Crunchyroll!
In case you missed it, Crunchyroll is hosting a Shantae Fan Art Contest! Submit your fan art (we know you made a ton of it already) and win some stuff! That link again is HERE. http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...taehalf-genie-hero-contest-win-a-nintendo-3ds

Tonight: Giant Robot!
One last reminder for those in the L.A. area – you can play Shantae and meet the WayForward staff tonight! Details at Giant Robot: http://www.giantrobot.com/

:\ I downloaded Shantae on my iPad mini, but I can't play this with virtual buttons. Also, it seems like part of the bottom where the buttons are is partly cut off.

CTLance

:\ I downloaded Shantae on my iPad mini, but I can't play this with virtual buttons. Also, it seems like part of the bottom where the buttons are is partly cut off.
Same here on my iPad 2. I pray they will support the game pad APIs in the future.

Let's just hope the bugs don't reflect negatively on the kickstarter.

Five

Banned
The extra chapters is also what I'm most interested in reaching. I don't typically mess with costumes in a game unless it radically changes the stats.

ShinMaruku

You're greatly underestimating the flood of backers most Kickstarters like this get in the final week.

KickTraq says it's trending towards ~$600k: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/

e: Fire and Forget sounds fun so it's a shame we probably won't be getting that, but oh well.

Yup the last week is where money flows in really quickly. Also you have some people who wait til the end so they can put in a great deal of money and secure what they want of what's available.

Five

Banned
Well these ones have a bit different moves and the like. Ninja Shantae mmmm

I doubt it will be on the same level as the animal transformations. Relative to that, I don't think the costumes will appear to change much. I could be completely wrong, but this was the impression I got.

Forgot to post the last update:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/606779
Update #22 Giant Robots and 1337 Lounges, oh my!

Hey Gang! We're getting closer and closer to our goal! Only $14k left to go! We're so close Rottytops can taste it! (I really hope it tastes like coffee and not the other stuff she likes...)

We wanted to give everyone a heads up that some of us will be on 1337 Lounge Live this Tuesday, September 24th, at 6:00pm PST. We’re still fighting over who is lucky enough to be on the show but trust us it’s going to be tons of fun so you should definitely check it out!

We also want to give a shout out to Giant Robot, Angrybananas, and meatbun for helping us with our Game Night last night! We had a blast and hope everyone that attended did too. For those of you who couldn't make it we shot a lot of footage and will share that with everyone in the next few days :)
(see link for pictures)

I have this on my Ipod and was only able to play it ONCE ... after a ton of tries.

It shuts off at the "touch to start" screen.

How would one get a fix for this when they fix it?

is it free on Stream? Would much prefer to play this on my Comp.

CTLance

For those with problems, try the other version. Both are free at the moment. Both have been linked in the update, AFAICS they edited the free&IAP version into the update.

Also, the game does require a healthy dose of RAM, so cold boot your device if it fails to load the game correctly.

Personally, the free&IAP version runs without problems on my iPad2 with ios7, while the newer "free" version scales the UI and content weirdly, cutting off the lower part of the screen.

Also, iCloud saves do not want to work, but whatever. I've seen it suggested that one goes into settings and manually delete whatever iCloud has saved under Shantae to renewable iCloud saves, but whatever. Not gonna try.

Also, sweet jumping jelly beans, the joypad APIs better be supported. I still can't play this game with the default button setup.

Five

Banned
It's too bad the app is still bugged on iOS7. This could have been a great promotional tool.

Having been an iOS developer in the past, I know that Apple sends you all sorts of emails and beta tools to make sure these issues are ironed out well before the public release, so it's hard to blame anyone but Way Forward for the faulty app.

Hopefully it's resolved soon, and hopefully this isn't a reflection on how things will transpire in the future!

Also, less that 6K away from hitting the goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom