• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaving-GAF, help me out please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble shaving with the grain. I don't apply any pressure but it still hurts and tugs and I don't get a smooth shave. The neck area just seems impossible. So for the first pass I just go with the mach 3 and then a re-lather and go across/against the grain with the DE for that extra soft smoothness. I never had any problems with that part and it always feels good as long as my lather is nice and thick. I just wish I could do the whole shave with the DE and take the mach 3 out of the equation. Anyone else have a similar problem?

I don't think the equipment is the problem. I use the merkur long handle razor, truefitt and hill ultimate comfort shaving cream (really wonderful stuff btw), edwin jagger best badger brush, and derby blades.

Sye d'Burns

Tried it again today since there was so much stubble left over from yesterday. I feel like I'm working up a pretty decent with the Proraso (which kind of burns by the way, so much for sensitive skin). It seems to dry pretty quickly on my face though which I'm guessing is why the blades feels like it's trying to pull, not slice the hairs. I was really careful to try to keep that 30 degree angle today and not push. The shave was a little closer on the cheeks but the

neck is not much better and it's still no where near as close as my electric Braun.

Not sure what the answer is. I know in one of the videos I watched he said keep you face warm but by the time my lather is built up in the Proraso bowl and I put it on my face, it's kinda cold, even though I have a sink full of hot water that I'm using.

I'm returning this EJ razor too. The thing gets so slippery after it's wet that it's near damn near impossible to hold securely.

It definitely sounds like there isn't enough water in your lather. Tomorrow, try dipping the tips of your fingers into water and dripping a couple of drops into your cup or onto your brush. Just one or two drops at a time.

Lather is something that has so many variables, including things like hard water, which can make building a good lather more or less difficult. While you're still getting your method down, I would suggest lathering half of your face at once. This way you will get a decent shave before the lather has a chance to break down.

I usually wash my face with hot water and shave with cold. Between passes I either splash a couple of handfuls of water on my face or dampen it with a wet washcloth before applying the next lather.

I can't blame you for returning the razor, if for no other reason than it is not what you ordered.

How does the hair grow on your neck? You might try doing a north/south (top/down) shave for your first pass tomorrow and then shave across the grain for your next pass.

You haven't mentioned this and I've only now thought to ask: You are doing more than one pass, right?

Sye d'Burns

What's the consensus on DE + modern gel if you wanted to focus on razor technique?

I know it can be used if you make sure it doesn't dry.

Purely to work on technique? I don't see why it would be a problem. Though I'd probably use something like a barbersol cream instead of a gel. Barbersol has a consistency closer to that of what you would get on your own.

I'm having trouble shaving with the grain. I don't apply any pressure but it still hurts and tugs and I don't get a smooth shave. The neck area just seems impossible. So for the first pass I just go with the mach 3 and then a re-lather and go across/against the grain with the DE for that extra soft smoothness. I never had any problems with that part and it always feels good as long as my lather is nice and thick. I just wish I could do the whole shave with the DE and take the mach 3 out of the equation. Anyone else have a similar problem?

I don't think the equipment is the problem. I use the merkur long handle razor, truefitt and hill ultimate comfort shaving cream (really wonderful stuff btw), edwin jagger best badger brush, and derby blades.

You're a little vague. By "it still hurts" are you referring to the tugging of your whiskers or the skin?

If it's the skin, I would try to work a little extra on your angle, it may be too shallow. As for the tugging, angle could also cause that, though I'm more inclined to believe it's your blade.
I haven't had the best of luck with Derbys.

It definitely sounds like there isn't enough water in your lather. Tomorrow, try dipping the tips of your fingers into water and dripping a couple of drops into your cup or onto your brush. Just one or two drops at a time.

Lather is something that has so many variables, including things like hard water, which can make building a good lather more or less difficult. While you're still getting your method down, I would suggest lathering half of your face at once. This way you will get a decent shave before the lather has a chance to break down.

I usually wash my face with hot water and shave with cold. Between passes I either splash a couple of handfuls of water on my face or dampen it with a wet washcloth before applying the next lather.

I can't blame you for returning the razor, if for no other reason than it is not what you ordered.

How does the hair grow on your neck? You might try doing a north/south (top/down) shave for your first pass tomorrow and then shave across the grain for your next pass.

You haven't mentioned this and I've only now thought to ask: You are doing more than one pass, right?

I'll try that next time. The razor is going back to Amazon tomorrow and I just ordered the Merkur 180 long handle which should be here Tuesday so I'll try again Wednesday. Yeah Amazon Prime!

I definitely don't have hard water I know that. I thought there was enough water just from soaking the brush but probably not since the lather was probably a little too pastey and not slippery enough.

The hair on my neck mostly goes in a downward-swoop off the jaw line heading towards the sides of my neck. Except a tiny part by my adam's apple which grows upwards. It grows straight down towards my next at my chin.

Like this, more or less...
Bo6Ny.jpg

Centurion

Banned
So Gaf, shave with or against the grain? What do you guys do?

with the grain, lather back up and go against the grain for a closer shave.

So from reading this thread...Why can't you use canned shaving cream with a safety razor?

Pretty sure there's nothing wrong with using canned shaving cream like barbasol. I personally just stay away from edge shaving cream... The gel into foam shit usually sucks ass.

Sye d'Burns

So Gaf, shave with or against the grain? What do you guys do?

For a typical shave, I usually shave north/south as a first pass and then for a second pass I shave across the grain. There are some small touch up areas on my neck that I go against the grain on as a finisher.

Sometimes, if I get a wild hair, I will do a three pass shave, with the final pass against the grain. I don't like to do this regularly because it can get a little irritating to my skin.

So from reading this thread...Why can't you use canned shaving cream with a safety razor?

You can, but the quality isn't quite as good. On a side note, using the brush to lather your face causes your whiskers to stand and making for an easier cut.

I'll try that next time. The razor is going back to Amazon tomorrow and I just ordered the Merkur 180 long handle which should be here Tuesday so I'll try again Wednesday. Yeah Amazon Prime!

I definitely don't have hard water I know that. I thought there was enough water just from soaking the brush but probably not since the lather was probably a little too pastey and not slippery enough.

The hair on my neck mostly goes in a downward-swoop off the jaw line heading towards the sides of my neck. Except a tiny part by my adam's apple which grows upwards. It grows straight down towards my next at my chin.

Like this, more or less...

Good luck with your new razor. I heart me some prime. It definitely sounds like you've been lacking in water. You'll work it out quickly enough. It took me a couple of weeks before, out of the blue, I had a really, really good lather and then a couple of more shaves to figure out how to recreate it.

Centurion

Banned
With safety razors or in general? I've been using Edge gel my whole life and hate everything else. Why does it suck?

just in general. better lather provides less irritation and smoother strokes with the blades. I have course hair, so it makes a difference.

the gel to foam products usually suck at creating a thick lather like the classics.

on an unrelated note, for those who still prefer to use the mach3s, fusions, etc, at least do the forearm trick. The trick is to just run the blades up your forearm about 10 times or so (this gets rid of the dried crystals and oils that remain on the blades), to make the blade sharp again. People tend to think the blades wear out after a few shaves, but that's not true at all. That's just a marketing ploy to make them a shitload more money. Who gives a fuck about the aloe strip... My blades used to last at least twice as long using this technique.

Here's an example of what I mean.

ShaneB

Just had the second shave with the new routine. Ended up pretty spotty and patchy around my chin and lip area :(. Think I was rushing it though, so just gotta slow down and take the extra little bit to make sure it's a smooth shave.

Esch

Banned
Just did my first wetshave using a Merkur 180 long handled, merkur blades, van der hagen soap, a tweezerman badger brush.

Fantastic. No cuts, baby but smooth skin, no uneven stubble, and it all smells rather good. Lives up to the hype. Did 2 passes, one with grain and another against. Great results. Don't think i'm going back to a mach3 and such ever again. Also it took like 10-15 minutes, honestly i think that was just as fast as a cartridge razor shave.

I almost want a more aggressive blade like a sword or derby so i can get closer shaves, the razor does almost all the work for you.

bob page

Just did my first wetshave using a Merkur 180 long handled, merkur blades, van der hagen soap, a tweezerman badger brush.

Fantastic. No cuts, baby but smooth skin, no uneven stubble, and it all smells rather good. Lives up to the hype. Did 2 passes, one with grain and another against. Great results. Don't think i'm going back to a mach3 and such ever again. Also it took like 10-15 minutes, honestly i think that was just as fast as a cartridge razor shave.

I almost want a more aggressive blade like a sword or derby so i can get closer shaves, the razor does almost all the work for you.

Just got with the Feathers. You won't find a better blade- no tug at all.

Esch

Banned
Just got with the Feathers. You won't find a better blade- no tug at all.

Yeah, I'm honestly thinkin about just going with the feathers as soon as this pack of Merkurs is out. I got a really, really close shave today, smooth with 2.5 passes(cleaning up), but i felt like it could be a tad better. For a first wetshave pretty damn good. I don't wanna be a dick to anyone struggling with the transition but i thought it was pretty easy. Just lather like a madman, keep a 30 degree angle to that face, let the razor do the work for you instead of pressing it into your face, and don't overlap strokes.

One things for sure, can't fuck with Mach 3 or its variants anymore. I'm sold after this first one.

cnizzle06

Banned
Just purchased my load of stuff off Amazon Prime. It'll be here Thursday.

I'm really concerned with cutting myself considering I only shave once or twice a week and it doesn't come in all that thick. In any case, the long term price savings pushed me over the edge.

ShaneB

Got a little reckless this morning and ended up giving my nose a cut. Sounds hilarious typing that out, but now my nose feels funny :(

My Feathers tugged too but I think I didn't have enough water in the lather again because after I rinsed the first pass lather off, the razor actually glided pretty well with NO lather and just water (I was just curious). I have some Shark blades arriving tomorrow to audition.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I hate shavig everytime I do I get pimples because of this I been rocking a beard now I must shave it. I hate that shit being told to shave.

Finally got around to using the safety blade with a sensitive skin gel. WOW. No tug or pull, no excessive action needed. The shit just glided across my face and the hair disappeared. Only opened up a couple of bumps on my face but I put some After-Shave Repair on that stopped it.

All these wasted years of shaving :/

Shark Chrome blade, btw. Bought a bunch of those and the Feathers kind.

Trevelyon

Got fed up with my Panasonic ES8109S doing a ho-hum shave job, did okay with reducing or, not causing skin irritation or bumps but often left me patchy and still shadowy from the previous night. So I often had to pull out my Gillette fusion and do a once or twice over on my entire neck, which more often then not left me very red and still quite patchy.

I'm quite fair skinned, with very dark coarse hair, so getting a real baby's bottom type shave is near nigh impossible and the Irish rash I often get looks fuckin' horrible with my complexion. I'm going to really try up my efforts in post shave care this time around, mix and match and just play around with different products until I get it right, this thread has hopefully pointed me in the right direction.

Ordered;

Merkur HD Safety Razor + SS Stand
Proraso Shave Brush and Aloe Shaving Soap
Featherless Blade 20 Pack x2
Neutrogena Men Triple Protect Face Lotion (have some Clean and Clear I can use too)

Hopefully my search is near an end.

Sye d'Burns

Finally got around to using the safety blade with a sensitive skin gel. WOW. No tug or pull, no excessive action needed. The shit just glided across my face and the hair disappeared. Only opened up a couple of bumps on my face but I put some After-Shave Repair on that stopped it.

All these wasted years of shaving :/

Shark Chrome blade, btw. Bought a bunch of those and the Feathers kind.

You mentioned earlier that you had a problem with bumps. Have you noticed any reduction since you've been using a safety razor these last few days?

I had a pretty massive, maybe 90%, reduction although I've never fully eliminated them.

My dermatologist "yelled" at me for using a multi-blade razor a few weeks ago. He was able to tell that I did based on bumps I had on my neck. My ingrown hair or other issues are never that bad(well they were when I was using electric) but I guess it was enough to notice. I am using the Hydro 5 with Neutrogena Shave Gel.

Now I'm looking into alternative methods not even so much for the razor bumps/ingrown hair, which isn't that bad, but probably more for the expense factor of using cartridges. If I actually keep up on shaving, I will shave 2-4 times a week which would make me go through a cartridge probably once every two weeks if not a little sooner. Then it's about $12-$15 for a 4 cartridge refill. I don't like the hair getting caught in between blades too much either and it seems like I have to use too many passes sometimes to get a closer shave the more and more I use it. Maybe I should be replacing those blades faster than I am.

I'm considering going to a DE safety razor with the brush, soap, a pack of 10 razors to start and after shave cleanser/moisturizer. Pretty much going with a standard kit that others have already posted which is the Merkur Model 180 long handle, badger brush, stand, razors and Proraso sensitive soap. I think it would be cool for the experience itself and the longer term cost savings. I'm just scared of cutting myself, which I currently rarely (if ever) do. So, I'll probably invest in one of those pen things to start too but hopefully I won't have to use it often...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I just use my Norelco Bodygroomer for my face. Works great.

Fuck facial hair. I'm going to get all of this shit permanently removed. Shaving is evil for me (curse you curly facial hair) I've tried everything known to man and I get bumps regardless.

I've tried

Clipeprs
Trimmers
Safety Blades + sensitive skin cream
lame disposible razors

All of....the devil! The best results I've had were with clippers, but the problem is I'd have a perfectly smooth face for like 4 weeks, then randomly I break out bad in razor bumps that next week. I've got sooooo much scarring and discoloration from shaving...

Fuuuu

bob page

Fuck facial hair. I'm going to get all of this shit permanently removed. Shaving is evil for me (curse you curly facial hair) I've tried everything known to man and I get bumps regardless.

I've tried

Clipeprs
Trimmers
Safety Blades + sensitive skin cream
lame disposible razors

All of....the devil! The best results I've had were with clippers, but the problem is I'd have a perfectly smooth face for like 4 weeks, then randomly I break out bad in razor bumps that next week. I've got sooooo much scarring and discoloration from shaving...

Fuuuu
Sounds like you're using crap products. Invest in some good creams and aftershave. You might not think they're necessary but they really do make a difference.

And switch back to safety shaving if you want to avoid bumps. Just make sure you're using decent DE blades and proper technique. Most issues with shaving come down to user error.

Sye d'Burns

My dermatologist "yelled" at me for using a multi-blade razor a few weeks ago. He was able to tell that I did based on bumps I had on my neck. My ingrown hair or other issues are never that bad(well they were when I was using electric) but I guess it was enough to notice. I am using the Hydro 5 with Neutrogena Shave Gel.

Now I'm looking into alternative methods not even so much for the razor bumps/ingrown hair, which isn't that bad, but probably more for the expense factor of using cartridges. If I actually keep up on shaving, I will shave 2-4 times a week which would make me go through a cartridge probably once every two weeks if not a little sooner. Then it's about $12-$15 for a 4 cartridge refill. I don't like the hair getting caught in between blades too much either and it seems like I have to use too many passes sometimes to get a closer shave the more and more I use it. Maybe I should be replacing those blades faster than I am.

I'm considering going to a DE safety razor with the brush, soap, a pack of 10 razors to start and after shave cleanser/moisturizer. Pretty much going with a standard kit that others have already posted which is the Merkur Model 180 long handle, badger brush, stand, razors and Proraso sensitive soap. I think it would be cool for the experience itself and the longer term cost savings. I'm just scared of cutting myself, which I currently rarely (if ever) do. So, I'll probably invest in one of those pen things to start too but hopefully I won't have to use it often...

You'll want a styptic pencil. They're only a couple of bucks and last forever. Another option is an alum block, bit larger, more expensive and last forever as well. Both work well at staunching the bleeding from small cuts (weepers.) The alum block has the added benefit of acting as a general skin balm.

With practice, weepers become a rarity. You may occasionally get a small cut, though, from carelessness or even a dulled blade. In such a case, a styptic pencil is a lifesaver.

I would recommend getting a variety pack of blades only because blades aren't a one-size-fits-all item. Take a Derby blade. Some people love them. I may as well be shaving with dull glass when I use a Derby.

If I had to choose one blade to recommend, it would be Feathers and that is only because the have a reputation for being sharp. Some people have less than stellar experiences with Feathers, just like any other blade. Those, though, tend to think that the Feather is just too sharp. Hardly the worst thing someone could say about a blade.

Again, my first recommendation would be to plonk down the 20-30 on a variety pack. You'll almost assuredly find a blade that works for you in a pack. If you buy just one type of blade and have a bad experience, it could sour you on safety razors altogether and that would be a shame. In addition to the all-around better shaving experience, the cost is so much less once you have your kit worked out.

Another option is an alum block, bit larger, more expensive and last forever as well. Both work well at staunching the bleeding from small cuts (weepers.) The alum block has the added benefit of acting as a general skin balm.

This is also an alum block, and a bit cheaper and easier to find.

mK81s.jpg

Decado

Has the blade technology advanced a great deal over the past 40+ years? I was talking to my dad about using a safety razor and he was shocked that they're still around. Thinks they were awful (heavy and unwieldy).

Sye d'Burns

This is also an alum block, and a bit cheaper and easier to find.

mK81s.jpg

I never would have thought of rubbing that across my face. You're right though, at the end of the day it is an alum block.

Has the blade technology advanced a great deal over the past 40+ years? I was talking to my dad about using a safety razor and he was shocked that they're still around. Thinks they were awful (heavy and unwieldy).

Heavy? Compared to a Mach3 or Fusion or whatever? Definitely.

The heft of the razor is what should be doing the cutting.

The size of the razor itself varies on style. Most razors have a much shorter handle than you may be used to, they seem downright tiny in comparison to today's razors. I tend to hold my razor with my thumb and pointer right beneath the head and rarely will balance the handle on my little finger.

I pity the face of the man that tries to shave with a safety razor using the same grip that they would use while holding a modern razor.

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered my first kit of a Merkur HD, Vulfix Pure Badger Brush, a blade sampler and Proraso Shave Cream. I've grown a beard recently and thought if i'm going to shave it off, may as well do so in style.

merkur_hd_1.jpg

Vulfix-Pure-Badger-Shaving-Brush--_849_2_1.jpg

header_19_1.jpg

proraso_shavecream.jpg

I was toying with the idea of getting a Mason Pearson Badger Brush, but the Vulfix looks to be a winner.

totowhoa

Banned
That brush is absurdly expensive. My wife loves makeup and considers it a hobby. She generally finds really quality brushes for cheap that are in line with expensive name brand ones. Anybody have anything like for wet shaving? I'm thinking about diving in, but I'm not dropping 40 bucks on a brush, because I know that it can't be necessary.

Sye d'Burns

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered my first kit of a Merkur HD, Vulfix Pure Badger Brush, a blade sampler and Proraso Shave Cream. I've grown a beard recently and thought if i'm going to shave it off, may as well do so in style.

I was toying with the idea of getting a Mason Pearson Badger Brush, but the Vulfix looks to be a winner.

It looks as though you have a great starting kit there. Just remember, when you're making a lather, to make very light vertical, horizontal or diagonal back and forth motions. Don't go in a circular motion or you will twist the hairs of your brush and that's no good.

Good luck!

That brush is absurdly expensive. My wife loves makeup and considers it a hobby. She generally finds really quality brushes for cheap that are in line with expensive name brand ones. Anybody have anything like for wet shaving? I'm thinking about diving in, but I'm not dropping 40 bucks on a brush, because I know that it can't be necessary.

The rest of the start up costs can be just as cheap. Get a tube of Proraso for $11 and an Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush for $14. After an initial cost of not much more than those 8 fusion blades, you can now enjoy a lifetime of cheap shaving.

For the record, though I own the razors, three of the four pictures above are examples from google.

Although I have a couple of other brushes now, I still use that 14 buck Escali brush regularly. I highly recommend it as a starter brush.

Wthermans

Banned
For the past 6 months, I've been neglecting my close shaves and sticking with a basic electric to keep things manageable. I've got a few interviews coming up and finally broke out the classic set today only to find that the knot in my Vulfix Super Badger brush is coming loose and the brush is shedding like a wet dog. Really don't want to drop another $60 bucks on another Super Badger, but I guess it's time. Had this one for almost 6 years now and it used to get daily shaves before I went on my no-shave spree. Also realized that some of my blades are starting to rust in their wax paper packing so I guess I'm going to have to get some blades as well. Pretty depressing. :(

Sye d'Burns

For the past 6 months, I've been neglecting my close shaves and sticking with a basic electric to keep things manageable. I've got a few interviews coming up and finally broke out the classic set today only to find that the knot in my Vulfix Super Badger brush is coming loose and the brush is shedding like a wet dog. Really don't want to drop another $60 bucks on another Super Badger, but I guess it's time. Had this one for almost 6 years now and it used to get daily shaves before I went on my no-shave spree. Also realized that some of my blades are starting to rust in their wax paper packing so I guess I'm going to have to get some blades as well. Pretty depressing. :(

Carbon steel blades are especially bad about rusting. I don't even keep those blades in the restroom at all for fear of humidity.

If you would like to save the handle, it seems like you can have the knot replaced relatively cheaply, were you so inclined. I can't say from personal experience who to go to, but I have seen names dropped on badger and blade from time to time. You might want to check there if that is something you would consider to be an option.

Giard

We should really do a Wet Shaving-GAF thread. :p

Trying out the Feather blades I've ordered these days. The fourth time I used one side of the blade, it butchered my neck...at least now I know its limits :p

I ordered a new boar brush, Semogue 620. Sexy and does a good job face lathering my new soap, Tabac.

Sye d'Burns

Trying out the Feather blades I've ordered these days. The fourth time I used one side of the blade, it butchered my neck...at least now I know its limits :p

I ordered a new boar brush, Semogue 620. Sexy and does a good job face lathering my new soap, Tabac.

Considering the OP, I figured this was the de facto wetshavingGAF thread. There are some good recommendations and advice in here. Maybe a rename would be in order, although there is a good argument to be made that the name is appropriate for anyone who is open to the idea of wet shaving.

Either way works for me!

Wthermans

Banned

If you like Tabac's soap, check out their original scent as well. One of my personal favorites (very masculine scent and a great daily wear).

I'll probably just end up asking my wife for a new brush for V-day. The Vulfix Super Badger was the first I've owned and I didn't take very good care of it when I first go it due to some newbie mistakes. I'd like to get one with a bit of a longer/thicker handle. :eek:

I got a buddy that got one an orange-ish custom Vulfix from a B&B group buy about 2 years ago that is to die for. It's almost a copper color and makes me very jealous. He offered to sell it to me for $70 bucks (said he paid $125 in the buy), but I didn't have the cash at the time and my current brush was still going strong.

Giard

If you like Tabac's soap, check out their original scent as well. One of my personal favorites (very masculine scent and a great daily wear).
Yeah, I thought about ordering some. Sadly, there's no shop that sells Tabac products where I live...scratch that, there's no shop that sells any kind of wet-shaving products here.

There might be Sephora, but I doubt that their selection is great. I'll go check it out on Friday.

Kraftwerk

I bought my first kit last week. Merkur blade and razor, Kent badger brush, and Kent soap.

Overall, I'm enjoying this new method. I like how relaxing it is, and I really enjoy the preparation. The brush against my skin feels amazing.

I'm currently using a Kent soap. Would you guys recommend the Proraso creams instead?

Sye d'Burns

I bought my first kit last week. Merkur blade and razor, Kent badger brush, and Kent soap.

Overall, I'm enjoying this new method. I like how relaxing it is, and I really enjoy the preparation. The brush against my skin feels amazing.

I'm currently using a Kent soap. Would you guys recommend the Proraso creams instead?

Not instead but in addition to.
I would definitely recommend trying it. It's a good all around soap. My time wet-shaving has been a complete turnaround that I have always loathed shaving and now I thoroughly enjoy it. I'm glad you're also having a good experience.

totowhoa

Banned
Thanks Sye d'Burns. Definitely plan on investing soon (possibly tonight). I generally shower in the evening now and shave while in the shower (I'm such a lazy morning person), but here recently I've been great about getting to bed earlier. Looking forward to enjoying a fresh morning shave more often soon.

Sye d'Burns

Thanks Sye d'Burns. Definitely plan on investing soon (possibly tonight). I generally shower in the evening now and shave while in the shower (I'm such a lazy morning person), but here recently I've been great about getting to bed earlier. Looking forward to enjoying a fresh morning shave more often soon.

Be prepared. As I mentioned later in the thread, badger hair brushes smell like, well, a badger for the first week or so. It's not appetizing. I have heard that pet shampoo can help with that initial odor but I've always just persevered and let my shaving soap fade it out.

Good luck Sklorenz

ShaneB

Haven't replied in a while, but always glad to see others getting help in this thread I made looking for help myself :D

I know shaving threads pop up every now and then here on GAF, so glad to see this one still being active.

A couple weeks ago I would've said I love shaving now, but lately I'm not sure I'm doing things that well :( my neck area and all that is a breeze and get a close shave, but working my chin just feels torture. Feels more like I'm pulling the hairs instead of cutting them :(. Yesterday I was shaving and working the area around the chin and my lips, and just couldnt do it, and had to resort to the shick multiblade I have and that was easily done. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom