• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 1-2 coming to PS4/Xbox One ?

giphy.gif

To me, once Shenmue 3 was announced, it was never a case of 'if' and more of a case of 'when' in regards to a Shenmue HD Collection. It's just smart business to get a remastered collection out there before 3 drops. I don't know how notable this site is, but if a collection finally is coming out then it's happening sooner than I thought it would.

RRockman

Banned
They're also listing a SF anniversary collection using the old PS2 art in a PS4 box. Was it known ?

EDIT : and a Sonic Mania PS4 physical release too...all of that is probably fake.

i guess its fake now... would gladly eat crow if its true but this pushed it too far

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
In before Segac saying they're "invesigating the possibility of Shenmue HD ports" for the 20th time.

Unless I've missed some seriously recently and solid news o.o?

Hasn't this been the worst kept secret the past couple of years? It's coming clearly, it it'll be announced when it's right and ready to be shown off. Converting those games is going to take a lot of time
What about Switch? Is it coming to Switch too? These games would be perfect on the Switch.
These posts are sarcasm right? Gotta be!

border

This site looks really trustworthy and reliable.

2272_20567_2.png

You should definitely take this as confirmation of Shenmue on Xbox One.

The most shocking of news.

The sequel to a 17 year old game isn't going to come out without a port of the first two in the series. Not a chance. It'll probably come out late next year but these ports/remasters are definitely happening.

I'm really only in support of a Shenmue 1 and 2 rerelease at this point to see if Shenmue 2 at least holds up and for the Giant Beast endurance run.

Sailent

Banned
Always wanted to play the first 2 but felt bad about emulating them without original copies.

Now... it's time. FOR A PC VERSION GOD DAMNIT!

Hopefully the release date isn't too far off then. I never got to beat Shenmue 1, and never even played 2, so I'm eager to jump back in! I only got to play it a bit when I was visiting my uncle back in the day, but always thought highly of the series. (I really want to pet that orphaned kitten again, too)

Opa-Pa

It would take a new level of incompetence on Sega's part to not make this happen. You never know with them, though.

My words exactly. Definitely wouldn't put it past them though.

I need this to happen to try the damn games already. I'm tired of waiting for a chance.

Top Bottom