• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 1-2 coming to PS4/Xbox One ?

liquidtmd

Banned
tenor.gif

GAFs equivalent to 'walkies' - 'Shenmue HD Collection newly rumoured'!

Going strong for three years straight

Reedirect

Alza as a shop is very trustworthy, but this seems to be fake or a product listing based on rumors. I doubt they have the info.

nelo_inc

That would be great, i played Shenmue 1 on the Dreamcast and 2 on the original Xbox, but sadly haven't finished them.

But who's gonna do it?Should be Bluepoint,but they're busy with Shadow of the Colossus..

Breakaway

Day one if true. Still haven't finished Shenmue 2, which I last played about 6 years ago. Might as well start over from Shenmue 1 again.

LordKano

GetGame again: http://www.getgame.sk/index.phproute=product/product&product_id=2326

and "XBOX ONE" version at MadGamer: http://madgamer.sk/nove-hry/xbox-one/adventura-D/shenmue-1-and-2-pack-xbox-one

Well... the problem is: is not the first time they are "leaking" it, they did the same in january.

They probably saw the "info" on 4chan or something else and just decided to make a listing out of it. I don't believe such small retailers would have any info and that it would leak before Amazon/Gamestop, especially if it's releasing this year.

Shenmue 1+2HD will probably happen at some point by SEGA, but I don't believe these listings.

Tagg9

They probably saw the "info" on 4chan or something else and just decided to make a listing out of it. I don't believe such small retailers would have any info and that it would leak before Amazon/Gamestop, especially if it's releasing this year.

Shenmue 1+2HD will probably happen at some point by SEGA, but I don't believe these listings.

There wouldn't be multiple retailers listing this title based on rumours. It must have come from a distributor.

salromano

The one thing to check for with these retailers is if there are any other listings that seem out of place. These were all I could find (for PS4):

Sega Mega Drive Collection - https://m.alza.co.uk/sega-megadrive-collection?dq=4661686

Street a Fighter Anniversary Collection - https://m.alza.co.uk/street-fighter-anniversary-collection-ps4-d5095886.htm

They also have a weird box art for Sudden Strike 4 and a weird Sonic Mania retail listing, but other than that everything seems normal.

Edit: Obv, neglected to mention the Bayo / Vanquish listing from the other thread.

ianpm31

Lets do this SEGA. Just don't release it around the time Shenmue 3 comes out that would be counter productive. I'm tired of playing 1 & 2 on my old DC because of the loading times and controls. Please be real

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
I believe this when it's on Sega's stage at TGS or in a trailer on their YouTube channel. Not giving it any more thought until then.

Lol that's true Ghost but Shenmue fans are the champions of patience.

I will say not to get hopes up about TGS, but the remainder of the year looks very promising.

Lol that's true Ghost but Shenmue fans are the champions of patience.

I will say not to get hopes up about TGS, but the remainder of the year looks very promising.

TGS sounds indeed not a place where it'd be announced. If anything, Shenmue 1-2 would be a product meant for West because of fan demand.

nampad

Always wondered why they haven't announced it yet after the Shenmue 3 hype. It just makes too much sense for Sega.
How much does a remaster usually have to sell to be profitable? It's not like Sega has a lot of better possible projects either.

liquidtmd

Banned
Always wondered why they haven't announced it yet after the Shenmue 3 hype. It just makes too much sense for Sega.
How much does a remaster usually have to sell to be profitable? It's not like Sega has a lot of better possible projects either.

I kinda understand why they weren't quick to jump around the time of Shenmue 3's announcement, as it was always likely to slip to mid / late 2018

If anything, I see a six month lead in with a HD Collection coming Feb / March 2018 being the most sensible approach but honestly who knows at this point

Fou-Lu

It has been a long time since I played Shenmue and Shenmue 2 so I would really love the chance to play them again before 3 comes out. Hope this is true.

I was thinking about this game at work and how much I want the Giantbomb crew to play Shenmue 2, The play through of 1 was glorious, If this comes out better chance of making that happen.

That's what I actually expect. Random day. Could be their "this year's PC port".

Yea, i was gonna say it would be a bit of a shame if it were to be announced that way, but I wonder would we really care? The day these are announced will be the day I can sleep. It will finally be all over, and everything a Shenmue fan has wanted will have came true in just over 2 short years.

Whilst I'm not holding out much hope for this "listing" since it could be fake, I do expect this announcement at some point. Would only take a company as inept as SEGA to miss this chance to make bank on the Shenmue 3 hype/interest, though.

norm9

Already have a DC and xbox copy of Shenmue 1/2 but I'd buy a remastered collection in a heartbeat. Better series overall than Yakuza.

Don't forget about Paris Games Week next month too.

IF they decide to announce it at an event, those are the 2 picks. But this is Sega, they could drop it on any random day.

PGW is certainly possible, but it's more of a corporate event. For something really geared towards fans and the gamer in general, PSX would be the more appropriate avenue for such an announcement. You don't get more 'crowd-pleasing' than a Shenmue HD drop, and given the amount of Yakuza localisations shown on stage in the past, I could see it happening.

But whatever. I just want the damn thing announced wherever.

celsowmbr

Banned
What bothers me is not those crazy shenmue packs but the total absence of a Sega Oficial statement to clarify those things :(

Is there any Gaf Journalist here that can ask Sega Europe about those "Shenmue Packs"?

BigEmil

PGW is certainly possible, but it's more of a corporate event. For something really geared towards fans and the gamer in general, PSX would be the more appropriate avenue for such an announcement. You don't get more 'crowd-pleasing' than a Shenmue HD drop, and given the amount of Yakuza localisations shown on stage in the past, I could see it happening.

But whatever. I just want the damn thing announced wherever.
Why would it be on PSX if it's multiplatform though

Top Bottom