• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue Community Thread | Still lookin' for sailors

Spaghetti

wasn't there a jacket back in the day when shenmue originally came out?

i may bite on the new one... though i would never wear it out.

ajim

I am literally sat in a burger bar on Dobuita Street as I type this. It is RIDICULOUS how accurate it all is.
that's fucking awesome. Living the dream.

imagine playing shenmue HD remakes on vita or something on dobuita street. Would be an amazing experience.

micster

that's fucking awesome. Living the dream.

imagine playing shenmue HD remakes on vita or something on dobuita street. Would be an amazing experience.
That'd be amazing, but I've felt a bit eeeeh with having my DSLR out, let alone my Vita

Oriel

Must dig the Dreamcast out of the loft and experience Shenmue again. Nothing like getting sweaty in an empty car park.

Must dig the Dreamcast out of the loft and experience Shenmue again. Nothing like getting sweaty in an empty car park.

Ill probably play it again around Christmas time. Im still hoping we'll hear some sort of HD announcement from SEGA/Sony this year. I know, im foolish :(

Still, nulldc or hooking a dreamcast up via a vga can still give you an awesome picture.

Musolf815

Shenmue 2 is like 30 times bigger than shenmue 1. You're going to be blown away by it.

Keep us updated. Its always nice to see someone experience the Shenmue magic for the first time

A little ways in to Shenmue 2 now, just got to the box guy going "HUEHGHGEH" and the sign dude. It's amazing so far, very huge in scope. The Saveshenmue hyped up Joy to me and so far when I made a post about Ryo and Nozomi and so far Joy hasn't been a let down.

A little ways in to Shenmue 2 now, just got to the box guy going "HUEHGHGEH" and the sign dude. It's amazing so far, very huge in scope. The Saveshenmue hyped up Joy to me and so far when I made a post about Ryo and Nozomi and so far Joy hasn't been a let down.

Let me know when you reach REN. The man of Shenmue2

Come on SEGA announce that Shenmue HD/iOS/panchiko/softdrink/dlc/whatever.

The waiting is killing me

I'll take any announcement at this point.

Ryo x Miki

Would have been cool if you could have taken her up on that date offer.

10257077_721135517928980_8899874857952264129_n.jpg

Coming soon in 2014 by Insert Coin clothing
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.661617430547456.1073741835.109691562406715&type=3

Oh maaaaannnnn!
I'm buying this no matter what!
I have the hoody but always wished it was an actual jacket.

Spaghetti

so... seeing how the trademark thread just inexplicably got closed, the hype train transfers here?

choo choo mother fuckers

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
choo choo indeed.

I think realistically, there is only a 10% chance or less of hearing anything positive at E3, but I don't care. Give me a 1% chance and I am still hyped as all hell.

so... seeing how the trademark thread just inexplicably got closed, the hype train transfers here?

choo choo mother fuckers

If anyone doesn’t know what we’re talking about it’s this thread here that just got locked. So lame.....

And we don’t even get an explanation on why it was locked. That's bullshit.
I'll transfer the train over.

nib95

Banned
Weird, I wonder why the other thread was just suddenly locked?

Oh well. The fun, hype, tears and sadness go on!

JimiNutz

Banned
The rumours of the new/port of Shenmue made me get all nostalgic and watch the first 30 mins on YouTube.
Goddamn that shit almost made me tear up.

I didn't really get into gaming until later in life. Games were banned in my home as a child so it wasn't until I was about 13 or so that I actually got to play games. One of the first games I ever played from start to finish was Shenmue...

I was just discussing it with my girlfriend and I explained to her that back then this game was so ahead of its time.
I'd never played a game where the world was so alive and immersive. I could just get lost wondering around town, taking in the sites, speaking to people, spending my money on toys, drinks, arcade games etc.

The fact that it was one of the first games that I really played properly made it all even better for me. I'd never felt so 'involved' in a game before probably because I'd only played more arcade type games like Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi and Virtua Fighter (Dreamcast was the first console that I actually owned).

Looking back on it, it actually feels like I was there.
It feels like I actually visited 1986 Japan and worked on the docks. Like a holiday that I went on 14 years ago...
Watching it all again on YouTube just brought so many memories flooding back.

What's even crazier is that I only played through it once. Just once, start to finish, all those years ago and I still remember it vividly! I remember faces of people I met, sites I saw and the home/dojo that I lived in.

No other game has ever really had that impact on me. I miss good Dreamcast era Sega :(

IrishNinja

how did i make this thread and not get a seat on that train

like not even on the back

...well at least Lelouch made the cut

Guys, I’m updating the hype train right now. I’m gonna re-arrange it a little bit from the one Tsab posted so no one gets left behind.

I’m also gonna make some more room with some help from Ryo since it’s getting hard to squeeze everyone on. Watch this space!

Snaku

Banned
Whoever has the Shenmue announcement at e3 is going to get the biggest crowd reaction ever. It's gonna make the Twilight Princess reveal look like a funeral procession.

scorpio_2049

Neo Member
If anyone doesn’t know what we’re talking about it’s this thread here that just got locked. So lame.....

And we don’t even get an explanation on why it was locked. That's bullshit.
I'll transfer the train over.

As much as I'm with you on the hype train in spirit I think that was what got the thread locked. I'm brand new to NeoGAF so I don't know much about its rules but I know most would consider that spamming.

But again, I'm totally with you in the hype department. I can't wait for E3. If we don't get an announcement we'll just see how far past the derailment our inertia takes us.

FairFight

Banned
Whoever has the Shenmue announcement at e3 is going to get the biggest crowd reaction ever. It's gonna make the Twilight Princess reveal look like a funeral procession.
I really think it will be Microsoft. They've got the money to spend and know that it will be a game that will make people who've already purchased a PS4, like myself, go out and grab a Xbox One to play it.

Jinko

I really think it will be Microsoft. They've got the money to spend and know that it will be a game that will make people who've already purchased a PS4, like myself, go out and grab a Xbox One to play it.

Funding a game for a few maybe fans is not a good idea, I love Shenmue but I sure hope they have a better plan than that.

I guess the plus is that if MS do strike a deal there is a high chance it will get localised.

Top Bottom