• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue Community Thread | Still lookin' for sailors

I'd like to join. :D Thank you.

CHOO! CHOO! Hurry! Not a lot of seats are left for the hype train! :O

TgOS2Pg.jpg

Anyone who wants to jump on the hype train - just wait for a few more requests and then I'll add you all.

The video I shot at Dobuita Street is on Youtube now if anyone wanted to have a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81dfcArpkfo

I freaked out and internally squealed with joy when
the black car went past me

Great video! The music brings back so many memories. Visiting Dobuita is really high on my bucket list.

openrob

Just a heads up, Tuesday's #SaveShenmue tweetathon managed a reach of over 22 million.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0014.93932.346033592075353&source=48&refid=18

Just when we think the ‪#‎SaveShenmue‬ Tweetathon is settling into a steady climb of reaching one million extra followers every 3rd of the month, yesterday's social media frenzy goes and doubles the audience of the previous event.

How on earth do you do it? How do you keep amazing us time after time? The messages you tweeted and retweeted in just a 24-hour period this Tuesday landed in the newsfeeds of 22.11 MILLION people. That is just crazy!

But that's what they say - Shenmue fans are crazy. Crazy for a sequel that was promised to us 13 years ago. And we continue to make it abundantly clear to Sega that this "problem" (if people aching to spend money on your IP is a problem) is not going away.

The scary success of this month's Tweetathon only makes us happier to share two very special announcements about the next event, scheduled of course for July 3rd. We'll discuss each of them in future posts but you can get the early scoop at this Thunderclap link:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/12327-saveshenmue-win-on-july-3rd

Thank you to everyone who has continued to push the campaign far and wide, from month to incredible month. We are in awe, and deeply proud to be associated with a fanbase capable of such inspiring feats of Yunity in the face of all cynicism. You totally rock, and if we could buy you all a Jet Cola we would.

The next tweetathon will include some special prizes to celebrate.
read more here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/12327-saveshenmue-win-on-july-3rd

Lisle Wilkerson, the extraordinary voice talent behind several of Shenmue II's most prominent characters, has kindly and awesomely agreed to sign photos for three lucky Tweetathon participants, complete with requested personalizations. Want a sage word of advice from Xiuying Hong? A deadly threat from Yuan? How about a game of Lucky Hit with Joy? Conjuring the personas of the most badass broads in Hong Kong, Lisle can provide the contest winners with a uniquely customized piece of Shenmue memorabilia to treasure forever.
So to be in with a chance to win one of these three autographed pictures, all you have to do is tweet on July 3rd using the hashtag #SaveShenmue in support of the campaign, and be registered on the new and greatly improved TeamYu.net before the following Saturday, where we will directly notify the winners before going public.
The three prizes offered by Lisle Wilkerson will be awarded in the following categories:

- Most Creative Tweet (artistic, humorous, outside-the-box, etc)
- Most On-Target Tweet (effective delivery of the campaign's message)
- Randomly Selected Tweeter (a blind raffle of ALL unique participants)

There is also a new hub for the TeamYu and Save Shenmue campaign opening at www.teamyu.net

Here's a question for all you Shenmue fans. If they announce Shenmue HD, or even 3 , how many copies would you buy when it released?

Id probably buy 10 of each :p

If it's PC and PS4 I'd buy one of each for sure. Then during Steam sales start buying copies for all my friends and force them to play it as well.

ShenmueNextGen

Neo Member
Here's a question for all you Shenmue fans. If they announce Shenmue HD, or even 3 , how many copies would you buy when it released?

I will buy as much as I can on the first run. After that, buying a copy every month (provided I still have money...) In serious thinking, I think, when/if Shenmue I-II HD and/or Shenmue III come out, to start a campaign encouraging all Shenmue fans buy as much copies as they can! :p

Erevador

This is a game I would definitely buy copies of for skeptical friends to get them onboard with Shenmue. I'll evangelize for it hardcore.

Spaghetti

if it were hd? probably a few copies to give to friends who wouldn't normally buy it.

if it was shenmue 3 and finished the saga? just one.

Probably I would buy a few to give it to my friends, who probably didn't buy one copy by themself. Anyway, several of them already were converted by me :p

ajim

There's gonna be a lot of casualties on that hype train when it comes to a grinding halt and crashes, isn't there? :'(

IrishNinja

There's gonna be a lot of casualties on that hype train when it comes to a grinding halt and crashes, isn't there? :'(

that's the good thing about the shenmue hype train: most of us have been seated for over 10 years now. if e3 doesn't deliver, you're just early for the next ride!

ajim

Haha yeah, I'm used to the disappointment I feel completely desensitized by all of it.

if it ever was revealed I will probably just pass out from disbelief!

Spaghetti

even if it's a no-show this year, as long as microsoft and sony are listening to game requests and the shenmue fanbase is so loud about their support, any e3 could have the reveal.

ajim

even if it's a no-show this year, as long as microsoft and sony are listening to game requests and the shenmue fanbase is so loud about their support, any e3 could have the reveal.

Theres been more buzz and talk about Shenmue recently (features in magazines/websites, and Yu Suzukis post-morterm) than there has been in the past 10 years.

If there was any time, it would be now... At least thats the general mindset.

Theres been more buzz and talk about Shenmue recently (features in magazines/websites, and Yu Suzukis post-morterm) than there has been in the past 10 years.

Even though I don’t think ‘it’s now or never’, it certainly feels like that doesn’t it? Now is the perfect time to revive the franchise since it's a new gen.....the time has come!

Spaghetti

well yeah, this does feel like the year because of all the shenmue-related news and yu suzuki making several appearances, especially given the eurogamer podcast that stated he'd been getting a lot closer than just knocking on doors

but that's not to say next year won't be the year either, especially if the buzz about shenmue keeps up, or even grows.

takoyaki

Thanks for adding me to the train, this is the first E3 in a long time where I feel like something will be announced. HD Remaster? Shenmue 3? Shamu3? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out.

If nothing gets announced, I'll just channel all my hype into replaying Shenmue1&2 over the summer ;)

Top Bottom