• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue, Okami... top ten of the WORST games according to chilean "experts"

Seik

Banned
Well, now chilean 'experts' are now in my top ten worst reviewers. Yeah you heard that right, I'm putting you all in the same basket!

Seriously, wtf, Okami, Shenmue and even fucking Grim Fandango are in that liiiiist, the wrongness is so omnipresent.

TunaLover

There are several games like CD-i Zelda, Superman 64, Rise of the Robots, Pit-Fighter, and other unplayable crap, their picks seems quite random.

Grim Fandango is especially insulting, considering its the only one on there that wouldn't be out of place on a top ten best games list.

Trolling is forbidden on Neogaf... next...

So should be you and your poor attemps at seeking attention.

I mean, this is the most idiothic thing ever. You are Chilean, right? If you are ashamed of what Chilean newspapers are writing why the fuck do you come to GAF to spread the news? Why the hell are you mocking Chilean journalism when you are a journalist yourself? And my friend oh my friend, you are not better than them. Now everyone here thinks we Chileans are fucking stupid and we all have awful taste in gaming. Thanks for that! Mr. I have a cable from another awful newspaper from Chile.

I hope you come here on GAF to post proudly when we Chileans start a war with Peru or Bolivia. I'm sure you will.

maltrain

So should be you and your poor attemps at seeking attention.

I mean, this is the most idiothic thing ever. You are Chilean, right? If you are ashamed of what Chilean newspapers are writing why the fuck do you come to GAF to spread the news? Why the hell are you mocking Chilean journalism when you are a journalist yourself? And my friend oh my friend, you are not better than them. Now everyone here thinks we Chileans are fucking stupid and we all have awful taste in gaming. Thanks for that! Mr. I have a cable from another awful newspaper from Chile.

I hope you come here on GAF to post proudly when we Chileans start a war with Peru or Bolivia. I'm sure you will.

So, according to you, every time Forbes, GameTrailers, IGN or any other american newspaper make a crap list, then we must think every american gamer is stupid? Really? Do you really think gaffers are so basic? Or you just need material for keep trolling on your chilean forum?

This is just a funny thread just for laughing at how bad someone in the regular media can make a report... but well, haters gonna hate...

Oh,, yes I'm journalist, so? Why wouldn't I say when someone make a bad job?

And the war thing? Really?

Todo el jet set Chileno gamer posteando aca? XDDDDD
So LUN has posted another shitty news and we made it international? It's as shoking as Zmart having mass effect trilogy for ps4 listed on his web.

Miroku129

Todo el jet set Chileno gamer posteando aca? XDDDDD
So LUN has posted another shitty news and we made it international? It's as shoking as Zmart having mass effect trilogy for ps4 listed on his web.

As a Chilean, I'm not proud of this. I know many chilean players who know a lot more than these "teachers". What a shame. Chile being Chile after all.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
The question by the journalist (brought by the ET excavation topic) was about the top failures of the industry, not the top panned games by the critics or the audience (or the "worse" games like the artictle implies at first). With that context in mind, and like it was said before, all those games either bombed hard (Shenmue and Psychonauts) or just straight up nailed the coffin for some game studios (Grim Fandango, Okami). Although the list might not be 100% accurate (no numbers to compare to other bombas like Beyond Good and Evil and APB).

So, in short, the interviewed people gave (mostly) correct answers, so it was the journalist who made the mistake of a very poor choice of words for the title..

Eusis

The question by the journalist (brought by the ET excavation topic) was about the top failures of the industry, not the top panned games by the critics or the audience (or the "worse" games like the artictle implies at first). With that context in mind, and like it was said before, all those games either bombed hard (Shenmue and Psychonauts) or just straight up nailed the coffin for some game studios (Grim Fandango, Okami). Although the list might not be 100% accurate (no numbers to compare to other bombas like Beyond Good and Evil and APB).

So, in short, the interviewed people gave (mostly) correct answers, so it was the journalist who made the mistake of a very poor choice of words for the title..
That's probably the most sensible way to categorize the list, I do find Okami questionable (though it was out quite awhile in Japan and blew up outside of Japan so JAPANESE sales could've been enough while NA and maybe Europe likely grossly exceeded expectations.) Any other criteria for the list would be kind of absurd really.

That's it. I lost my faith in the gaming industry and community.

The grim highlight is that those people call themselves ...teachers of game development! If there was a gaming police, they should be arrested by now and being tortured to play all those games until the end.

Shenmue, Okami, Grim Fandango and Psychonauts are cream of the crop games.

Definitely games ahead of their time (especially Shenmue), thus most people wouldn't take a good taste out of them, however it is only slime to teach such things and through a newspaper to the public.

Let's wait for the gaming industry and community arround the world to be more mature... and not just quick bursts of adrenaline types, but in a respectable manner as Robin Hunicke's idealistic, silly, wonderful view of video games:
Other more mature media deal with similar critics, just look at Armond White for example.

Roland1979

w o r s t . . .
tumblr_m9ffnrV95U1r1vzzeo2_500.jpg

Even if you don't find these games to be good... to place them at the bottom of the list of absolute garbage, the worst of the worst. I mean my god, you can find a massive amount of Steam beta's that are infinite worse.

Okami does suck. It is one of the world's most boring games ever. Even people who like to tout how cool Okami is never actually finished it. I believe that noise that plays during dialogs will actually make you go crazy if slog through the 40 hours to finish it.

Eusis

Okami does suck. It is one of the world's most boring games ever. Even people who like to tout how cool Okami is never actually finished it. I believe that noise that plays during dialogs will actually make you go crazy if slog through the 40 hours to finish it.
It's a fantastic game, the secret is to feel free to dump it for a few months or even years then come back. The game's divided nicely for such an approach too. Nevermind that everyone has different tolerance levels for stuff like that, never really bugged me that much but I had a taste of Camelot games when I was younger and it didn't sound as outright dumb as the Banjo gibbering.

And if we're talking quality and not just failure in a broad sense that includes reception and market success? It is completely absurd, period, to put those games on this list. Like I said before if you're actually trying to be objective at all rather than just list games you personally disliked the most there's countless trash games that go on before those 4 do.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

I agree with this. It looks nice, but its terribly slow and boring. I also find it ridiculous how people whine about Zelda-games taking some time to start, yet gives Okami a free pass. So much potential, so much wasted :(

Top Bottom