• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto: Pikmin 4 still on-going, hard to fit on the list of priorities

I wouldn't be surprised if NX had the option of using touch screen devices as a second screen, i'd be down for that for Pikmin 4.

Hiltz

It sounds like Pikmin 4's core development is perhaps nearly completed, or maybe just needs time to be polished, but due to the upcoming launch of NX early next year, Nintendo had to prioritize development staff to other projects deemed more important. If this were a flagship IP, then it would have likely been a different story. We saw how games in prototype development, such as Zelda: A Link Between World's, had just finished its prototype yet could not enter production because Nintendo needed the 3-man team to be assigned to next-gen Wii U launch software (Nintendoland and New Super Mario Bros U). I don't really see what the point of wasting resources on releasing a Wii U version of Pikmin 4 if it takes away it being an NX launch title or a post-launch release in order to help provide much needed software momentum in 2017.

MK_768

To me it sounds like they are instituting new ideas created after they decided to push it back for NX. So maybe it was "almost done" 9 months or so ago but they gave themselves an extra year of development with the NX.

Just speculating lol.

I'm not concerned. I think it was always gonna be a summer game in 2017 even if it "should" be a launch title if done.

Top Bottom