• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) - Trailer up! - TBA 2013 (New: Website update)

FUCKING YES, IT'S NOT FIRST PERSON.

That's literally all I needed to know about this game, looks like i'm going to have to finally buy a 3DS.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
There's no way Meguro isn't doing some work for this, Tsuchiya being the sound director does not even confirm that he's composing for this since sound design is what he does for many Atlus games without composing much or anything at all.

duckroll

There's no way Meguro isn't doing some work for this, Tsuchiya being the sound director does not even confirm that he's composing for this since sound design is what he does for many Atlus games without composing much or anything at all.

Pretty much. I would be shocked if Meguro isn't the composer.

7threst

Really? It doesn't sound very Meguro to me at all. Like I said earlier, he normally has really strong, distinctive melodies in his music.

Yes, but like I said, Meguro is pretty good in switching styles. Where his Devil Summoner soundtracks are rather jazzy, and the Persona soundtracks more pop-like, his Strange Journey soundtrack is pretty different from everything else. And then you have Nocturne, which really fits in with this music imo. Especially this part.

Dantis

Yes, but like I said, Meguro is pretty good in switching styles. Where his Devil Summoner soundtracks are rather jazzy, and the Persona soundtracks more pop-like, his Strange Journey soundtrack is pretty different from everything else. And then you have Nocturne, which really fits in with this music imo. Especially this part.

He switches style, but his influences stay the same, particularly his rock and classical influences.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. To me though, it doesn't sound like Meguro. It's great music though.

jbueno

Call me crazy but what would a game with a soundtrack composed by Meguro, Masafumi Takada and Akira Yamaoka be ? A game powered by God ?

Meguro and Takada would be more than enough, I think Yamaoka while very good is overrated as a composer.

StMeph

THIS is what's going to pressure me into getting a 3DS, even though I still want to wait for the new revision...

Meguro and Takada would be more than enough, I think Yamaoka while very good is overrated as a composer.
Yes, I love yamaoka, but he doesn't exactly have a varied proved spectrum.

He usually sticks to post-rock and ambience with some rock with vocals thrown in and or grunge overtones; needed to tackle some other genres and the like to build up his adaptability.

Thoraxes

I'll bet it's a team of composers.

Though, Meguro has been slowly working his way into some directing positions, iirc. At least with the ports anyways. Just because you hear his "Persona Style" so much doesn't mean that's all he can do. The dude is flexible as a composer.

Dantis

I'll bet it's a team of composers.

Though, Meguro has been slowly working his way into some directing positions, iirc. At least with the ports anyways. Just because you hear his "Persona Style" so much doesn't mean that's all he can do. The dude is flexible as a composer.

You're right, it's probably the Atlus Sound Team.

And Meguro might be flexible, but like I said, he always has the same influences. All his music sounds very 'Meguro'.

*SQUEAL*

Boooo-urns Atlus :(

Oh stop it. Chastize where chastize is due. Praise where praise is due. And for this, PRAISE MARA!

You're right, it's probably the Atlus Sound Team.

And Meguro might be flexible, but like I said, he always has the same influences. All his music sounds very 'Meguro'.

He's always thrown people for a loop even with melodic tracks available.

Tsuchiya, as always, is welcome.

=HERO=

Neo Member
Thought this was the best place to bump this. Couldn't find anyone else really mentioning this.

The teaser site has completely changed with new music (btw, oh my God!) and a sillouette of the girl(?) from the trailer. Seems more and more like they are the main character.

http://megaten4.jp/

Edit: Damn it, nevermind.

Thought this was the best place to bump this. Couldn't find anyone else really mentioning this.

The teaser site has completely changed with new music (btw, oh my God!) and a sillouette of the girl(?) from the trailer. Seems more and more like they are the main character.

http://megaten4.jp/

Edit: Damn it, nevermind.

The song is indeed amazing, thanks for bumping the thread!

Top Bottom