• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING RUMOR: PS4 release date to be announced at Gamescom

Off the topic:

Not sure if posted here before (create a thread if someone is willing to). German site, PCgames, claims that Sony will announce PS4 release date at Gamescom.

here is the original version:

http://www.pcgames.de/PlayStation-4-Konsolen-220102/News/PS4-Release-Termin-der-Next-Gen-Konsole-offenbar-auf-Gamescom-2013-1076459/

From the article (translated):

''As the site of Gamefront reports, the release date of the PS4 will be released at Gamescom 2013. The information allegedly from Sony circles close''

You can find translated version here.

Cuttin quite close. Conference is August 20th.

Sounds about right. MS has made it clear their target is November, so I wonder if Sony will throw another haymaker by releasing mid to late October.

Mrbob

Sounds about right. MS has made it clear their target is November, so I wonder if Sony will throw another haymaker by releasing mid to late October.

Sony said Holiday 2013 at E3. But they have been trolling MS all year so I wouldn't be surprised if late October is a reality. Especially since store allocations keep increasing to the point unheard of for a system launch. Which means yields are good. I'm guessing release is more on the software than the hardware at this point.

10-29-13 is an important date to hit. BF4, AC4 release with CoD one week later.

cnxh.gif

I'd love an October launch, but I think realistically it'll be in November. Unless yields are really good and there aren't any production bottlenecks...

allan-bh

Sega E3 1995 feelings ON

They Will announce that the console will be available immediately in selected stores.

Sega E3 1995 feelings OFF

Scanna

the press conference is on the night of the 20th, if you are interested to know. Still no signs from the others (Ubi and EA are a given, Microsoft might have one, Nintendo I don't think so)

Top Bottom