• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING RUMOR: PS4 release date to be announced at Gamescom

Wynnebeck

Banned
No shit. Pull a Saturn... there's a reason why people say "pull a Saturn": It was a fucking failure!

No you misunderstand. That was because Sega had nothing leading up to the Saturn's announcement. Sony has an almost fever pitch built up for PS4. How do you think people would react if they were watching Sony's Gamescom conference and Andrew House goes, "The PS4 will be available...today"? Mad people would be rushing to their closest stores scrambling for one. It would be insanity.

No you misunderstand. That was because Sega had nothing leading up to the Saturn's announcement. Sony has an almost fever pitch built up for PS4. How do you think people would react if they were watching Sony's Gamescom conference and Andrew House goes, "The PS4 will be available...today"? Mad people would be rushing to their closest stores scrambling for one. It would be insanity.

I suppose. I still think an October release would be ideal (ramp up some more ads), although I suspect it'll be mid-November.

Demo disc with Jet Moto and Blast Chamber.

Fuck. I think I have that somewhere around the house...

mcfrank

iPad/iPhone release dates are announced a week before they go on sale. I think 2 - 3 months is not really cutting it close.

darkwing

launch like that would be impossible today , we would know about it through leaks etc..

kendrid

Banned

The issue is that there is this thing called the Internet. If stores received them early it would be leaked and we would all know well before the event.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I suppose. I still think an October release would be ideal (ramp up some more ads), although I suspect it'll be mid-November.

launch like that would be impossible today , we would know about it through leaks etc..

Oh no doubt. I think it's going to be late October, mid-November but you have to admit the idea of a first come-first serve launch like that would have people hyped for days lol.

Elginer

lcs0ZiA.gif

maltrain

I don't see why it's "shocking"... I thought it would be sooner, in fact, on E3.

Shocking would be an october release... I bet for November 12th.

11-12-13

Perfect.

Arzehn

You guys keep saying October, but you have to think about the launch titles as well. They need to actually finish the damn games. For one, Drive Club, during some interview at E3 the guy said they still had 6-7 months to ship, which definitely isn't October, lol.

SilentFlyer

Jack Tretton was there yesterday for filming of Greg Miller's "Up at Noon" show. He brought the PS4 along. No clue if it's a working unit or not.

I doubt if that was working unit. Even if it was working unit, I guess they weren't allowed turned it on. If they had, we would have heard something by now about the layout or in any way any hint about how good or bad is it.

maltrain

That's not quite how it works...

I reckon October too.

Well... I leave you this from Reddit:

I'm expecting November 12th in the US, since that will be 11-12-13, which is an easily memorizable date. Also, if you use the equation 169.5x2 + 1365.5x + 33416, where x is the Playstation # (PS4 = 4), and plug the result into excel and format as a date,

x=1 returns 9/9/1995. x=2 returns 10/26/2000. x=3 returns 11/17/2006.

Those are all the exact PS1-PS3 US release dates, and...

x=4 returns 11/12/2013.

Furthermore, November 12th is a tuesday, which is the day video games are usually released in the US, and it's a couple weeks before Black Friday, the biggest shopping day in America (which is the same release window 360, PS3, Wii, and Wii U were released, and most likely Xbox One).

As 11-12-13 wouldn't really work in Europe, I could see them going with the 13th (13-11-13 for them).

LOL if it's true... XD

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
SEPTEMBER OR BUST!!!!

DO IT SONY!!

HURRY GAF LET'S START TWEETING THEM!

#PS4September

Top Bottom