• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING RUMOR: PS4 release date to be announced at Gamescom

Vic20

Let's hope that if they do pull a Saturn, they won't pull a Sega and fail to mention the surprise launch to its partners.

Krakn3Dfx

The problem is that Sony decided to go out and publish a date, which are in some ways meaningless, because this isn’t like 1990.

i still need to finish most of these!
genbacklog.jpg

How have you not finished Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 yet?....Get off of GAF and get back in front of your TV and finish both of them

TOO BAD MOTHERFUCKER!

No seriously, better get cracking then!

i'm cracking! i just have a bad habit of buying new games on top of this pile! just spent like 20 hours on Far Cry 3...'

How have you not finished Dark Souls and The Witcher 2 yet?....Get off of GAF and get back in front of your TV and finish both of them

My internet connection has been really spotty this year, hate playing it when i keep getting disconnected and losing all progress :/

maltrain

if that were the case, it would be announced at E3
would be the final K.O to microsoft

Why use that gun when they won with the price and the not-DRM speech?

Now, they have another big gun, the launch date, for Gamescon.

And new games, of course, since they've only show 5 from 20 for the first year.

You guys keep saying October, but you have to think about the launch titles as well. They need to actually finish the damn games. For one, Drive Club, during some interview at E3 the guy said they still had 6-7 months to ship, which definitely isn't October, lol.

Hmmmmmmmm

Conspiracy time: Drive Club PS+ edition is the only version available at launch. Apparently it seems to be the least polished launch game they have so theyll release a ''prologue version'' with just some of the finished tracks, cars and whatever. Real game+the digital update for PS+ edition release in December.

Tho actually is October release even possible? Haven't we heard that Watch Dogs would be a launch title and Amazon is selling a launch day bundle with it and the game releases in November... Unless Sony moneyhatted timed exclusivity :lol.

Could they realistically release the console on October 29th? I mean assuming the launch titles have gone gold, and what happens to all the preordered bundles with games like "Watch_Dogs" and AC4 in them?

Also Drive Club is apparently only 35% complete

Krakn3Dfx

Could they realistically release the console on October 29th? I mean assuming the launch titles have gone gold, and what happens to all the preordered bundles with games like "Watch_Dogs" and AC4 in them?

Also Drive Club is apparently only 35% complete

I think if they can they will. I'm sure Ubisoft's partnership with them could make that happen, both games should be gold by then.

I think Evolution was showing an early build of Drive Club, sounds like they were farther along with the actual game.

10/29 is only a week or 3 from where we'd expect the PS4 to drop, so I don't imagine it's impossible for them to go that route.

I think if they can they will. I'm sure Ubisoft's partnership with them could make that happen, both games should be gold by then.

I think Evolution was showing an early build of Drive Club, sounds like they were farther along with the actual game.

10/29 is only a week or 3 from where we'd expect the PS4 to drop, so I don't imagine it's impossible for them to go that route.

I'd love for them to release it at the end of October but not at the expense of having to rush their launch titles to market and have them suffer in the process for it, but yeah I'm not sure how crucial 3 weeks is to a big developer.

ascii42

That's a crazy ass coincidence if that math really works out. Who the fuck had time to figure that out, though?!

It's a quadratic function. Finding a quadratic function given 3 points is Algebra II material, I think. Why someone would think to try that? You got me.

August 25th release.

How cool would it be to be watching the conference and hear - "the ps4 will be to store shelves today for purchase"

It would be stupid to pull a Saturn on the people who have already preordered. Not everyone can pull $399 (or $299 if you preordered from a store that required a deposit) out of thin air!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It would be stupid to pull a Saturn on the people who have already preordered. Not everyone can pull $399 (or $299 if you preordered from a store that required a deposit) out of thin air!
Yeah, it doesn't make sense with the PS4. It's a totally different situation than what Sega had with the Saturn.

LAA

Was hoping for the release date to be revealed before august...
Hopefully at the end of July at the most...

I would so love if they announced "It'll arrive in stores... NOW", ha ha, that'd be amazing, I just imagine everyone in the audience running off to the nearest store, ha ha.

I pretty much want a PS4 ASAP, and if they can get it in stores before Microsoft... yet another nail to XBone's coffin, but even if it wasnt, I'd still wait for you PS4...

Top Bottom