• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shooter kills 9 people in Munich before killing himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The typical leftist response of blaming ourselves and wondering how much more accommodating we could be so that the Muslims living within our borders don't turn to radicalism isn't any more helpful.

I'm hoping this was a German nationalist, though. Don't want to give Trump and his supporters any more ammo.

Yeah, it's incredibly obnoxious. It's not our fault and it's the worst kind of victim blaming, so sick of it.

The latter paragraph is unlikely and selfish thinking though, nobody deserves group-wishing. This isn't the thread for the word "hope" at all and that thinking is appalling imo. If it's Muslim extremists, then it's Muslim extremists. Period.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Weird how conflicting these reports from police spokesmen are.

Not every official is up-to-date, and the time when they were asked varies. If the source who reports a police statement is legitimate (newspaper, etc.), I'd assume that the higher number is accurate. It's unlikely that a police spokesperson would talk lightly about casualty numbers.

Pennywise

Polizei München ‏@PolizeiMuenchen 2m2 minutes ago

Lage am #OEZ mit #Schießerei ist aktuell noch unübersichtlich. Es gab mehrere Verletzte. Sobald wir mehr haben gibt es weitere Infos.

Police just confirmed that there are multiple injuries.
More infos to follow.

This is sick - i live in Munich

My Friend works in a shop called Fielman in the OEZ and he send me a Voice Message....He saw how People were running away and thought at first they saw a celebrity....but then a big large men appeared and shot another men in his face....
i was just on my way into the city...fuck!

apparently in Stachus shots were also fired

Mahonay

Banned

My Friend works in a shop called Fielman in the OEZ and he send me a Voice Message....He saw how People were running away and thought at first they saw a celebrity....but then a big large men appeared and shot another men in his face....i have the whats app message here

Jesus Christ

My Friend works in a shop called Fielman in the OEZ and he send me a Voice Message....He saw how People were running away and thought at first they saw a celebrity....but then a big large men appeared and shot another men in his face....i have the whats app message here

Holy shit. Is your friend OK?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Sad news. Hope police get a hold of a situation fast and there are not too many casualties. This is depressing.

Xando

Cn_BOzMWAAEmxRw.jpg

Taxi Drivers asked to avoid stachus due to police operation
https://twitter.com/galoki/status/756535728872497152

Gjerven

Five years ago today, the 2011 Norway attacks happened. Wonder if this is a right wing extremist "celebrating". Ugh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

My Friend works in a shop called Fielman in the OEZ and he send me a Voice Message....He saw how People were running away and thought at first they saw a celebrity....but then a big large men appeared and shot another men in his face....

Stay safe!

dc89

Christ

I wouldn't believe reports of other incidents. There are always false reports when these things happen. People see increased police activity in different areas and jump to conclusions.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This is not "the new normal".

I take it you haven't been following news, but we have radicalist muslim massacre every few weeks now - Charlie Hedbo massacres, Bataclan massacre, Belgium massacre, Russian plane bombing, Ataturk Airport bombing, Nice lorry attack, German train stabbing, Munich mall shooting, just off the top of my mind, in the last year.

So I'd say it's pretty normal now. And Europe can't do anything about it anymore either.

RavenH2

My inlaws are in munich they spoke with my wife about an hour ago telling her they were going out for dinner and then for a beer party

They left the cellphone at home of their friends. We haven't heard from them yet.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
If it's a shooting in a McDonalds they were probably targeting the immigrant workers.

No info at this point to make that call. Just as likely they attacked the patrons... Wishing the perpetrators are a specific ethnicity or defined group is disgusting man; if they turn out to be Muslim extremists, then that's what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom