• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Horace just got acknowledged as Horace Hogan in Nitro 162 with Hollywood Hogan cutting a promo with Horace in the ring talking about bloodlines.

Horace Hogan was DOA and im not talking about the Disciples of Apocalypse.

I don't think it's that simple

wwf could be making so much more money from subscriptions, but they lost their chance with one tier at $10.

And now they've also trained people that you get tons of free months if you don't have the network. I last subbed with real money at the roman rumble, and I've been offered about 8 free months since then(on one email adress, I've never tried to game the system). If you look at their churn, they are not really retaining any of the people on 1/3 free months either. They have their core which is more or less stable now.

Sephzilla

I know this is an old thing now, but these moments are so few and far between - when Brock sits up Undertaker style (after having broken the streak, against Cena) and does that laughing thing and then sticks his tongue out while he's laughing while looking, apparently, into Cena's eyes - man, that's good stuff. It's kind of a fine line, in most contexts it would be goofy, but it's almost a kind of Terminator feeling you get from him there, but then this other arrogance level on top. As in, I'm up, I cannot be beat, you thought this was some kind of match but it isn't, the joke is on you and I'm self aware enought to realise it.

It was a good few seconds.

I sort of liked that Brock was playing up the idea that he pretty much stole Taker's soul

Zach

Horace just got acknowledged as Horace Hogan in Nitro 162 with Hollywood Hogan cutting a promo with Horace in the ring talking about bloodlines.

Horace Hogan was DOA and im not talking about the Disciples of Apocalypse.
Oh, man. Horace Hogan. Another reason I stopped watching as a kid.

#CancelWrestlingObserver

no-one bit last time, leave it (no-one has an observer sub anyway)

Sigh if rocky said someone looks like mr miyagi in a promo y’all would laugh it off but oh boy some boring wrestler says it and it’s racists. I thought the promo was fine for a heel but I don’t get my panties up in a bunch for small shit like this.

Whatever get back to your bickering!

GxAr5Cv.gif

Does it bother you so much that I don't give Vince McMahon my money?
Why would it bother me? I am amazed you Put so much effort into watching Vince McMahon's product just complain about it.
blaggaroni just likes to feel better than. That's his thang. Put him on your Ignore List if you can't handle his random attention-seeking jabz.

Or respond. He loves it.
What's with the "gga"? Are you trying to say something here?

wwf could be making so much more money from subscriptions, but they lost their chance with one tier at $10.

And now they've also trained people that you get tons of free months if you don't have the network. I last subbed with real money at the roman rumble, and I've been offered about 8 free months since then(on one email adress, I've never tried to game the system). If you look at their churn, they are not really retaining any of the people on 1/3 free months either. They have their core which is more or less stable now.

Oh for sure, I just meant that WON's approach to subscriptions is going to be very different than WWE. There is no benefit to WON doing free subs because as long as Dave has a steady paying base he's fine. Whereas WWE needs to have a high, growing number. So they need to give out free too hook people (back) in.

Honestly all these subscription services priced themselves too low. Wont be long before Netflix gets into 12-15 terriroty

Oh for sure, I just meant that WON's approach to subscriptions is going to be very different than WWE. There is no benefit to WON doing free subs because as long as Dave has a steady paying base he's fine. Whereas WWE needs to have a high, growing number. So they need to give out free too hook people (back) in.

Honestly all these subscription services priced themselves too low. Wont be long before Netflix gets into 12-15 terriroty

Agreed, but there reaches a point where you're throwing around so many free months it's not viewed as a big deal anymore - I think they've reached that this year, as their retention is way down compared to previous "FREE WRESTLEMANIA" years. We'll know for sure next year.

They need to save them and make them special (which also helps loyal subscribers not feel screwed), but they're throwing them around like candy.

Hex

Banned
Fuck, I actually forgot they renamed the character.

Never mind, move along

That was Jackie Chan as a Kung Fu master...chinese!
Are you saying that all asians look alike Mr Booker Man?
SHAAAAAME!

(I will take a title shot in exchange for burying this evidence)

Pikma

Banned
Why would it bother me? I am amazed you Put so much effort into watching Vince McMahon's product just complain about it.

What's with the "gga"? Are you trying to say something here?
I'm amazed you care so much about what I do with my time or my money

And I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't even watch that shit

I didn't even watch that shit racist promo from Jinder, my friend Sweeney Tom taught me the ability to laugh and complain without even having to tune in to put up with their shitshows :)

gun_haver

i dunno cuphead isn't even my kind of aesthetic. it's impressively and unique to see it implemented in a program but it isn't something i was waiting to see. it just makes me think of racist old cartoons.

Agreed, but there reaches a point where you're throwing around so many free months it's not viewed as a big deal anymore - I think they've reached that this year, as their retention is way down compared to previous "FREE WRESTLEMANIA" years. We'll know for sure next year.

They need to save them and make them special (which also helps loyal subscribers not feel screwed), but they're throwing them around like candy.

Oh absolutely, they're totally juicing stats via free subs. (much like how Twitter wont just kill off bot farms).

Political stuff aside, I just think WWE Network is terrible. Aside from the current PPV stuff it's pretty awful for discovering content. With the amount of meta data available they could do a lot of cool stuff to let people re-live historical stories. Their original content is also kind of bland.

Cuphead is gorgeous, but the level design and gameplay looks way too basic.

Yep! Would have much preferred the boss mode come out and them taking their time to put together a proper platformer. Instead we just got a so-so Contra clone

Striker

Sigh if rocky said someone looks like mr miyagi in a promo y’all would laugh it off but oh boy some boring wrestler says it and it’s racists. I thought the promo was fine for a heel but I don’t get my panties up in a bunch for small shit like this.

Whatever get back to your bickering!
Austin said "I see sand people" to Hassan and Daivari. People cheered.

preordered gundam, cuphead and ruiner

hope one is good(i know gundam will be)
I thought Cuphead was already out.
The GG is for your Gamergate ties. You know what you've done, blaggaroni.

Cuphead's one of those games I'm a-buyin' regardless of the reception.
This makes no sense. Weren't you just warned about stuff like this?
I'm amazed you care so much about what I do with my time or my money
I don't.
Austin said "I see sand people" to Hassan and Daivari. People cheered.
WTF?

I'm way behind so screw that catching up...

I love Dream but I just love ridiculous characters
tumblr_oqhg884VSr1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

I'd much rather see cartoony characters than AM SHOOTBOY KYLE OREILLY anD AM SHOOTBOY BOBBY FISH and AM GENERIC INDIE HEEL ADAM COLE and AM I LOVE WRESTLING WRESTLING DREW MCINTYRE
Funny, I was just thinking this seeing Lars because...
m y b o y
1505956897347q8u4a.png
I remember the first time I saw him the first thing that popped into my head was him having a caveman/neanderthal gimmick, like he doesn't need to be a literal caveman but just a savage monster.
So I also got that WWE Network survey, and it has an option to vote on (in terms of "how interested are you in this idea?") that's not in the above picture:

Also this

I got that survey but haven't responded to it, I laughed out loud at the idea of WWE having its own Game of Thrones as if they're capable of such a thing or could afford it and I'm sure Vince has never seen a minute of it.

Oh absolutely, they're totally juicing stats via free subs. (much like how Twitter wont just kill off bot farms).

Political stuff aside, I just think WWE Network is terrible. Aside from the current PPV stuff it's pretty awful for discovering content. With the amount of meta data available they could do a lot of cool stuff to let people re-live historical stories. Their original content is also kind of bland.

Yep. Their search is almost as bad as New Japan's.

They always have all these cool ideas in the surveys that never materialise. Having veterans do alternate commentary is probably the best sounding one this time round. Bet they won't do it though (or do it a couple of times and then give up)

Agreed on the historical stories, they could do all kinds of documentaries around archival events on their network with vets who were there - would be far cheaper then the silly shows they produce and educate new fans on the value of the archival content.

They've got so much wrong on the network it would be sad to me(if it wasn't for the political stuff that actually gives me a sense of schadenfreude about it)

Pikma

Banned
I thought Cuphead was already out.

This makes no sense. Weren't you just warned about stuff like this?

I don't.

WTF?
You've been holding onto this for months but you don't

Lmao good shit

Also, If you feel offended by someone you should definitely report them. Just like your gimmicky friend Dream always does/pretends to do

Yep. Their search is almost as bad as New Japan's.

They always have all these cool ideas in the surveys that never materialise. Having veterans do alternate commentary is probably the best sounding one this time round. Bet they won't do it though (or do it a couple of times and then give up)

Agreed on the historical stories, they could do all kinds documentaries around archival events on their network with vets who were there - would be far cheaper then the silly shows they produce and educate new fans on the value of the archival content.

They've got so much wrong on the network it would be sad (if it wasn't for the political stuff that actually gives me a sense of schadenfreude about it)

A simple example would be Bryan's run up to Mania 30. I wasn't watching then and would really love to see that build up, but trying to do that on my own would be a nightmare. Essentially it'd be stitched together playlists with the most important matches, promos from RAW, Smackdown and PPV as the build into 30. Everyone always posts the clip of Bryan with the Wyatts when the whole place erupts into YES. It's awesome and powerful, but I know nothing of the build to that.

I feel like it's another example of WWE viewing it like a sport, so it's pure archive.

I've made it fam. Halloween Havoc 98.

Drunk Hall vs Nash

Old ass hot dog skin Warrior vs old ass leathery skin Hogan

DDP vs Goldberg it what could be Goldbergs best match that everyone on PPV missed out on.

This is basically the perfect story of wrestling in a nutshell: WWE is incompetent but every other alternative is even moreso, to unfathomable degrees

Top Bottom