• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody is talking about the definitive comedy of the 2000s?

51PBAP4K1ML.jpg

/s

My ex had me watch that. She was shocked that despite me being a wrestling fan, I hadn't seen it. I know what it is, but I never wanted to watch it. We watched it once and I was surprised at how much WCW was used in it.

It was decent.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Anyone without a Mel Brooks movie on their fav 5 comedies has bad taste.

Coming to America
Blazing Saddles
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Stir Crazy

Man, this is the end is a goat comedy. Also 21 jump street is up there as well.

not even close imo. 21 jump street is average. 22 jump street is actually a pretty good comedy, the linked scenes with ice cube in the restaurant and the base are rare laugh out loud funny.

My ex had me watch that. She was shocked that despite me being a wrestling fan, I hadn't seen it. I know what it is, but I never wanted to watch it. We watched it once and I was surprised at how much WCW was used in it.

It was decent.

should have made it about scott steiner

Fave Five Comedies:
Christmas Vacation
Caddyshack
Tommy Boy
Groundhog Day
Uncle Buck

Honorables: History of the World Part 1, What About Bob, Clue, Coming to America

I am a mark for John Candy & Bill Murray 80s/90s comedies

I can't understand how you'd put O Brother, Where Art Thou over the 4-5 superior Coen brothers movie in your list

It's better than Lebowski (ohhhhh, I think I just committed internet sacrilege :p), Miller's Crossing isn't a comedy, Fargo isn't exactly a comedy either, and while Raising Arizona is also awesome I still prefer O Brother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could put Revenge of the Nerds on my fave list, but man, nah.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is my jam.

Same for Blazing Saddles.

Tropic Thunder.
Bowfinger
Black Dynamite
Hot Fuzz
Clue the Movie
Trading Places
Caddyshack
MIB

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I really feel like John Candy is underrated as hell. Everyone always discusses Murray but we never got to compare properly with Candy since died so young.

Maybe I just hate the 'meme'ifcation of Murray at this point

Cagey

Banned
One of my favorite movies.
Maybe you need to be from Jersey to appreciate the greatness of the stoner Indian and Asian dudes with the boob obsessed stoner Jewish pals.

Theater full of the above went nuts when the New Brunswick // East Brunswick sign flashed.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I really feel like John Candy is underrated as hell. Everyone always discusses Murray but we never got to compare properly with Candy since died so young.

Maybe I just hate the 'meme'ifcation of Murray at this point

Murray stopped making good comedies before Candy died.

And Candy is better then Murray

Maybe you need to be from Jersey to appreciate the greatness of the stoner Indian and Asian dudes with the boob obsessed stoner Jewish pals.

Theater full of the above went nuts when the New Brunswick // East Brunswick sign flashed.

That movie is a solid 6/7 out of 10. I'd still rather watch it than 99% of Kevin Smith's movies.

And I say this as a life long Jersey native.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yikes, Gabe ain't lookin too great in uh, any light really. Oof.

Juice needs to figure out a better attire.

The English commentary is ssooooo fucking awful. Jesus.

Yup. Japanese commentay is 1000% times better, even if you only catch every 10th word.

I don't believe it, did he really say that? He's been working to be involved in a wwf feeder territory for 23 years????

GEEK OF THE YEAR

Cagey

Banned
That movie is a solid 6/7 out of 10. I'd still rather watch it than 99% of Kevin Smith's movies.

And I say this as a life long Jersey native.
Kevin Smith movies are great, no doubt, but they captured a soon-made-outdated era of 18-30 year olds in New Jersey.

Mallrats feels much older than its age. H&K feels current.

Top Bottom