• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Enzo being a champion before Big Cass does give me a little bit of happiness though.
Carmella turning out arguably more successful then both too is pretty good, especially whenever she inevitably cashes the briefcase in.

Although I suppose with Enzo's title win here he gets the edge for now.

Pikma

Banned
Lol at how confused some of wrasslegaf were by the ending segment of Raw
"I don't know who the heel is! this is baaaaaad!"
Sure is a mystery, as the man who won the belt by kicking a dude in the nuts is running down every other CW on the roster and hyping himself up as the business leveraging the you can't wrestle chants to put him on the same tier as some greats.

Which then leads to a cathartic beatdown of just desserts proportions, great segment.
But I swear in the rush some have to dislike something they can't even let a 15 minutes play out or just forget wrestling logic and turns in general.
I haven't watched more than a few segments but if I'm not mistaken the story is that Metalik and Cedric gave Enzo a chance and helped him out, then Enzo took advantage of that and stole a opportunity from them, then he cheated again to win the belt, and now he's calling them names and being an ungrateful piece of crap

So I think it was a heel turn, yes.

I'm probably overthinking this, wwe storylines aren't that deep

Foggy

I went to film school for a year and I developed a great appreciation for Hitchcock, Peckinpah, and Sorcerer. Aside from the emotional scarring, it was a pretty good experience.

Sephzilla

fav five 80s-early 90s style action movies :

Commando
T2
Die Hard
Escape from NY
Mad Max Fury Road

(In no particular order)

Terminator 2
Aliens
RoboCop
Die Hard
Commando

Honorable Mentions = Lethal Weapon, all three Indiana Jones movies, Mad Max 2, Predator

It's really hard to pick only 5 movies because the 80s and early 90s were the pinnacle of action flicks. Commando is one-liner nirvana

imBask

Banned
Terminator 2
Aliens
RoboCop
Die Hard
Predator

Honorable Mentions = Lethal Weapon, all three Indiana Jones movies, Mad Max 2

It's really hard to pick only 5 movies because the 80s and early 90s were the pinnacle of action flicks

I hesitate to put Alien on mine, it's not really an 80s action flick with one liners and shit

to me Commando is the representation of that genre

Sephzilla

Commando is the most 80s action movie ever. It's amazing.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sephzilla

Predator is dope. Predator 2 has Glover shouting all the time which gets annoying.

To piggy back off the topic from yesterday - Predator 2 is another one of those movies that gets shit on for no real good reason. It's basically a Lethal Weapon/Predator crossover.

Hot take - Predators is a pretty okay movie too

Beefy

To piggy back off the topic from yesterday - Predator 2 is another one of those movies that gets shit on for no real good reason. It's basically a Lethal Weapon/Predator crossover.

Hot take - Predators is a pretty okay movie too

Glover ruins it for me sadly. Like everything else about it though.

Foggy

Extreme Prejudice is Walter Hill's best movie and one of the best action movies of that decade. It's more 70s style than 80s style, but that cast is out of control.

Commando's director Mark Lester is also a super underrated action director. He also made Class of 1999, Showdown in Little Tokyo, and Extreme Justice which are certified 90s action classics.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Elias was going to die a death with the quickness on the main roster. Turns out he's one of my favorite guys to watch. He gets it.

Foggy

I'll always have a soft spot for True Lies because its setpieces still hold up really well and it was essentially the end of an era. That Bill Paxton pissing himself. Good times.

fav five 80s-early 90s style action movies :

Commando
T2
Die Hard
Escape from NY
Mad Max Fury Road

(In no particular order)

Terminator 2
Aliens
RoboCop
Die Hard
Commando

Honorable Mentions = Lethal Weapon, all three Indiana Jones movies, Mad Max 2, Predator

It's really hard to pick only 5 movies because the 80s and early 90s were the pinnacle of action flicks. Commando is one-liner nirvana

Commando
Predator
T1
T2
Wrestlemania III

I highly recommend the A History of Violence column on AV Club that examines the most notable action movie of each year beginning with 1968's Bullit: https://www.avclub.com/c/a-history-of-violence

Sephzilla

I miss 80s/90s James Cameron. Too bad he's going to waste the rest of his career making sequels to his worst (but most financially successful) movie

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said last night. Easily one of the best call ups from NXT, they have treated him well so far more

Yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised. He also has The Look now.

I find it just hilarious that a guy like Elias who's gimmick in NXT you would think would have him be dead on arrival has been better handled then about 98% of NXT calls up.

Now I'm imagining No Way Jose being booked to perfection.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I find it just hilarious that a guy like Elias who's gimmick in NXT you would think would have him be dead on arrival has been better handled then about 98% of NXT calls up.

Now I'm imagining No Way Jose being booked to perfection.

I also believe No Way Jose has "It" - he'll be just fine, no matter how they try to book him, because his theme music is fuckin ridiculous, he embraces it, and it goddamn works

Top Bottom