• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shots fired from Insomniac?? Maybe? I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathos

Banned
Idk how you guys can just play it off so easily. Sony just blatantly STOLE Insomniac's font. The font they built from ground up. All that hardwork and dedication into making that font. Sony thinks they can just come around and take whatever they want? If Insomniac doesn't sue, I'll have lost faith in this world.

De_Legend

Banned
I adore people like you. Do you think I'm ashamed to admit I prefer the Xbox One pc and wii u to my ps4. The ps4 hasn't been the console that's impressed me this year, sorry if that upsets you lol. I couldn't even imagine going through someone's post history Lmao. The ps4 is selling like pop music and Kim kardashian. Doesn't make it the groundbreaking piece of kit people seem to think it is on here. I hardly touch mine. This thread is about them using subset overdrive font. I just knew how easy it would be fir a few comments to get to people in here :D

It's all love from me. I love gaming. I play games like octodad on my ps4 until some real groundbreaking exclusives come out on it. Bloodborne and Uncharted says waddup. Until then I'll throw some stick around to anyone who deserves it. Ms messed up but they've come a long leaps and bounds :D

waddup bruh.

t6GYGrw.gif
HOLY CRAP! I meant to make this awhile back. So glad someone did.
Insomniac should apologize for the shots they fired at gamers when they released Fuse
God Damn...

I adore people like you. Do you think I'm ashamed to admit I prefer the Xbox One pc and wii u to my ps4. The ps4 hasn't been the console that's impressed me this year, sorry if that upsets you lol. I couldn't even imagine going through someone's post history Lmao. The ps4 is selling like pop music and Kim kardashian. Doesn't make it the groundbreaking piece of kit people seem to think it is on here. I hardly touch mine. This thread is about them using subset overdrive font. I just knew how easy it would be fir a few comments to get to people in here :D

It's all love from me. I love gaming. I play games like octodad on my ps4 until some real groundbreaking exclusives come out on it. Bloodborne and Uncharted says waddup. Until then I'll throw some stick around to anyone who deserves it. Ms messed up but they've come a long leaps and bounds :D

Man, stop it.

That Sony lost one of their biggest publishers they've used for years. they have a terrible winter line up compared to the competition in a lot of people's opinions, when it comes to first party. They passed on sunset overdrive because they wanted to own the ip. It's so obviously Sunsets font it's in the name of the font. They even use zany artwork. It's like they are trying to associate themselves sub consciously with sunset overdrive marketing.

It's amazing how just a single irrelevant tweet brings out the craziness in some folks.

The hell does Insomniac get off being snide at Sony like this. So it's cool to just bite the hand that fed you for so many gaming generations. Christ.

The hell does Insomniac get off being snide at Sony like this. So it's cool to just bite the hand that fed you for so many gaming generations. Christ.
It's absolutely ridiculous when you think about it. Sony was gracious enough to let them explore other opportunities and to make their dream games such as Fuse™.

And then we get tweets like this.

Kayant

Them Opinion = facts statements...

le.phat

The font file online was made by a fan based on our ORIGINAL logo for Sunset Overdrive w/ our blessing.

The font is even named "Overdrive Sunset font."

So yeah, it's all based on our creation and part of our universe, even if we allowed it to be used openly so fans have access to it.

Who's to say they're not fans ?

That Sony lost one of their biggest publishers they've used for years. they have a terrible winter line up compared to the competition in a lot of people's opinions, when it comes to first party. They passed on sunset overdrive because they wanted to own the ip. It's so obviously Sunsets font it's in the name of the font. They even use zany artwork. It's like they are trying to associate themselves sub consciously with sunset overdrive marketing.

I don't believe fir a second they didn't know they were using it. There's deffo some motive behind it. At least insomniacs tweet was classic

They are creating an exclusive Ratchet and Clank for PS4, they didn't "lose" Insomniac.

And do you really think Sony stole this font because of how people perceive their winter line up?

shandy706

I love these threads.

You have the group that's trolling like crazy, the group that's laughing out loud at all of it, the confused guy(s), and the hardcore serious folk who march in armed.

Then you have the ones who are sometimes sarcastic...but sometimes serious....and then you become the confused guy. LOL

Chobel

I don't believe fir a second they didn't know they were using it. There's deffo some motive behind it. At least insomniacs tweet was classic

This gotta be a joke, right?

LQX

Wow, from the thread title I actually thought someone might be shooting inside the Insomniac building.

Flintty

I love these threads.

You have the group that's trolling like crazy, the group that's laughing out loud at all of it, the confused guy(s), and the hardcore serious folk who march in armed.

Then you have the ones who are sometimes sarcastic...but sometimes serious....and then you become the confused guy. LOL

And now I'm so confused, I don't even know what one of those I am now! I think I was laughing but now just /facepalming...

Idk how you guys can just play it off so easily. Sony just blatantly STOLE Insomniac's font. The font they built from ground up. All that hardwork and dedication into making that font. Sony thinks they can just come around and take whatever they want? If Insomniac doesn't sue, I'll have lost faith in this world.

these artists need to sack up and get some respect for their own work.
You can't just let some big entity bully you and trot your artistic creation around like some kind of drunk circus clown.

It doesn't matter if you are a sketch artist, a paint artist, or a sandwich artist. Fucking fight for your dreams!

VLiberty

To be honest, I'm noticing that the SO font is being used a lot lately, so Sony has no fault here. That said, it's not really a great move lol, but I don't think Insomniac is being 'serious'

I'm excited... are people somehow not excited for it for any particular reason?

Nah, he's just trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom