• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shots fired from Insomniac?? Maybe? I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
I just think it's weird Sunset Overdrive used a free font.

Seems like a coincidence; that font fits the add as well or better than it does the SO cover.

Flintty

If I was Sony I would never let insomniac put a game on there system ever again for this cruel and distasteful jibe.

Insomniac really let MS get to there head.

Wait, you're actually implying that this is Microsoft's fault now? Wow.

I'm done here.

Lol.

Seems like a coincidence; that font fits the add as well or better than it does the SO cover.

Dude, read the thread. .

btkadams

Hilarious timing (and possibly done on purpose) but I don't see the big deal in using a free font, especially for a 2 week sale on a digital store. It was obnoxious when Sony used the Spider-Man logo font for the PS3 logo font, but that was for 2 huge brands, not a video game of a competitor and an image for an online sale.

Mononoke

Banned
Seems to me like, they just used generic fancy font to look "radical" for their sale. Not like people would see that font, and then subconsciously want to buy more things because..it's riding off the tails of Sunset Overdrive lol. It's totally possible someone aped the font specifically, but I doubt Sony as a company had any intentions.

I'm sure they just meant it as a joke. But if not, well...that tweet is kind of ridiculous.

UrbanRats

It's just a coincidence.
That or someone just really like that font.
What's the name of that font anyways?

You'd have to be particularly incompetent, to not recognize the very peculiar font of the competitor's main exclusive at the moment.

T.O.P

Banned

The font file online was made by a fan based on our ORIGINAL logo for Sunset Overdrive w/ our blessing.

The font is even named "Overdrive Sunset font."

So yeah, it's all based on our creation and part of our universe, even if we allowed it to be used openly so fans have access to it.

Dawg

I don't know why people are complaining.

Sony finally does some actual marketing for an insomniac game and all you do is call them out for it.

You people will never be satisfied.

hal9001

Banned
pdujep.gif

GIF--Clap-applause-good-job-nice-one-clapping-Ryan-Gosling-GIF.gif

Servbot24

Banned
You're aware that most professional fonts cost money, yes?

..............yes.

But people don't like spending money when they don't have to. You see, money can be exchanged for goods and services. But sometimes you only have limited money, so you have to be careful what you spend it on. Maybe you decide to not spend it on fonts that require needless fees. You might call that cheap, an adult would call that budgeting.

I don't know why people are complaining.

Sony finally does some actual marketing for an insomniac game and all you do is call them out for it.

You people will never be satisfied.

This thread is 90% "Why are people complaining?", 5% troll concern posts, and 5% actual concern posts.

Contra11

Banned
They need to respect the people who fund there game ..
now i don't blame any publisher who don't want to fund any game unless they own the name

Ummmm I know that over blowing this small mistake is funny, but guys if this thread reaches 24 pages it becomes 2nd biggest SO thread.

You dont want that.

It would be really stupid.

I can't tell you how many horror movies/posters I've seen in my life with the italic/half painted lettering, well before Sunset Overdrive was ever announced. Similar? Yes, but this seems a bit salty on Insomniac's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom