• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Christopher Nolan direct the next James Bond movie?

Should he?

• Yes

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 51.4%

• Total voters

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I've always wondered how Nolan would tackle a religious biopic like the life of Jesus, Moses or heck even Muhammad.
Nolan would tackle all three at once. Switching between three different timelines in a fast paced action thriller that cuts between Moses splitting the nile while Jesus escapes the Romans and Mohammed escapes Mecca. The movie comes together at the end as Mohammed, Jesus and Moses look at the camera and go, 'we have set humanity on a path of destruction'. Que oppenheimer's end credit music.

MegalonJJ

Banned
1) Broccoli's are too controlling. 2) The sponsorships and product placement deals dictate the Bond production these days. 3) Then the checklist mandates certain requirements re quotas and whatever faux progressive propaganda is being peddled. 4) Every thing is focus tested to hell and back. 5) With 1-4 in place, Nolan would be allowed to direct....🤣

Unless they give Nolan the keys he wouldn't bother.

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
Sure why not? Give him complete control though. I’ve probably only liked 4 or 5 of the bond movies I’ve ever seen thouhh which is admittedly not all of them.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I feel like Nolan would make another very brooding Bond. Which is fine, but it would be nice to see some fun ones first. Let Guy Ritchie tackle one. Maybe Michael Bay (actually, strike that, he injects too much juvenile humor). I'd say McQuarrie but he is already doing it, though if Tom Cruise played the bad guy........

Anyway, set out some ground rules to respect Bonds character, keep the story plot focused, not some introspective "revenge from Bond's past", keep it as practical as possible, and realize that Bond doesn't have to fight 5 guys at once. Doesn't really seem that hard, really.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Christopher Nolan is known for dreary, pretentious, po-faced films that tackle heady themes. Why you would want that for your goofy tuxedo spy movie is beyond me.

You want Tarantino to direct the next Trolls movie too?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I feel like Nolan would make another very brooding Bond. Which is fine, but it would be nice to see some fun ones first. Let Guy Ritchie tackle one. Maybe Michael Bay (actually, strike that, he injects too much juvenile humor). I'd say McQuarrie but he is already doing it, though if Tom Cruise played the bad guy........

Anyway, set out some ground rules to respect Bonds character, keep the story plot focused, not some introspective "revenge from Bond's past", keep it as practical as possible, and realize that Bond doesn't have to fight 5 guys at once. Doesn't really seem that hard, really.
Madonna drained all the talent out of Guy Ritchie through his dickhole. He hasn't made a watchable.movie since Snatch.

Top Bottom