• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should MS continue pushing PC or should they focus on console exclusivity?

Isn't she? Or do we discount the people who only buy a console for that Dance game or Rockback from being console gamers? If she played a mobile game is she not a mobile gamer if she's not playing the current clans of clans stupid clicker game? No true scotsman?

To her, the idea of playing games on a PC instead of or in addition to consoles isn't this big brain block. She might or might not be interested in the idea of getting a GPU or picking up a PC capable of more demanding games. But the concept isn't alien to her, as was implied, and given that she ALREADY plays games on a PC, she is probably not dead set against doing so as was also implied being true of most console gamers.

I would be inclined to think those who play low impact PC games are far more likely to buy into a console market than a PC market for games that demand more from the hardware. The concept is alien to her about what a GPU even is and I imagine that's the case for the millions of those in that survey. If there is a new Banjoo game she would want to play it on something that just works right away. Her laptop wouldn't really be a proper platform for that. Microsoft probably has an understanding by having multiple devices to play those games on they are not wanting to focus on one key area.

Majine

Banned
They wouldn't try so hard and waste that much money even giving away free Windows for nothing. It might not come next year, nor in the next 5-10, but they are not doing that without an endgame plan.

Windows 10 was free because high adoption translates to more profit from the Windows Store, OneDrive storage and other stuff.

There is nothing other than tinfoil hats that says they will close down the PC ecosystem.

RedSwirl

I don't think you realise how difficult it is to get the scaling right for a game that is played from a couch and a game that is played on a chair with a monitor in front of you......

Either even if MS created a thing for Windows 10, except to only work for UWP games as they are much more easy to manage and because UWP runs on ARM hardware and MS has to support that.

I'm just asking for basically Microsoft's version of Big Picture Mode or something. The Xbox app already works with all PC games. I use it to boot up my games from Steam or the Windows Store or GOG or wherever else. It just sucks that it doesn't respond to inputs from the Xbox controller all that much.

Top Bottom