• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Pokémon evolve or morph?

Gravijah

TheOGB said:
66.72.png

C'mon, son

Oh the joy he brought upon the world.

cj_iwakura

Professor Beef said:
How does it play? I've been interested in it for a while, but never bit on it.

Innovative combat, but very tedious after you clear the story quests. It does have a solid plot, though. Very SMT.

meadowrag said:
There was also an episode with reference to guns. It was one of the earlier episodes I think, "Pokemon Paparazzi".

At the very beginning Ash, Misty, and Brock set up camp and Brock begins making rice balls.
Ash notices that something is glimmering in the sunlight in the bushes (it's really the lens of a camera) but he imagines that it's the scope of a rifle, and then he has this pretty brief delusion (complete with imagery) that Misty, Brock and Pikachu have been shot and are all bent over, clutching themselves in pain.

I remember it so distinctly because I used to watch Pokemon before I had to go to school, but because of the timing I could only see a few minutes of the beginning of the episode, and with this one my sister turned the T.V. off right when that happened, so I went the entire day thinking they had actually been shot.
Yeah, Season 1 had a lot of mis-steps.
But in the real canon stuff they would never bring up guns.
Only acceptable proof of guns would be in the games or maybe the manga.

Black-Wind said:
When they DO make mis-steps and go too far with the anime you never see them used again.
Also why that one episode is on the banned list and is the only one with guns. :p
Didn't Team Rocket rob a store with guns in the episode with the Squitle Squad?

Qwomo

Black-Wind said:
Yeah, Season 1 had a lot of mis-steps.
But in the real canon stuff they would never bring up guns.
Only acceptable proof of guns would be in the games or maybe the manga.
Oh, so you mean Pokemon Adventures.

Qwomo said:
Oh, so you mean Pokemon Adventures.
More like.

Mainline Games--->maybe Spin Offs -------------------->Maybe Manga

If we're talking about why guns aren't used in the culture of this Pokemon world then the only real thing you can do is look at the source, the pure thing that all these side things are drawing from.

If they're not used in the game by bad guys or ANYONE then why is that (other then its a Kid-to-adult game)?

Well my answer is ... what reason would men have to invent guns if they can befriend magical monsters that are far more useful and many times more powerful then any early gun would have been? Its kinda like asking "why don't people drive earth cars" in a world where the people in it have a long history of being able to fly.

Qwomo

Black-Wind said:
More like.

Mainline Games--->maybe Spin Offs -------------------->Maybe Manga

If we're talking about why guns aren't used in the culture of this Pokemon world then the only real thing you can do is look at the source, the pure thing that all these side things are drawing from.

If they're not used in the game by bad guys or ANYONE then why is that (other then its a Kid-to-adult game)?

Well my answer is ... what reason would men have to invent guns if they can befriend magical monsters that are far more useful and many times more powerful then any early gun would have been? Its kinda like asking "why don't people drive earth cars" in a world where the people in it have a long history of being able to fly.
Pokemon Adventures is the one true canon. Satoshi Tajiri himself said so! Well, sort of. It's the closest to his vision, he said.

The anime certainly isn't. But anyway, the manga is at the very least the best and most representative Pokemon medium.

Qwomo said:
Pokemon Adventures is the one true canon. Satoshi Tajiri himself said so!

The anime certainly isn't. But anyway, the manga is at the very least the best and most representative Pokemon medium.

How is that not the games, though? It originated as a video game and the focus of the franchise is always the games.

Qwomo

shadyspace said:
How is that not the games, though? It originated as a video game and the focus of the franchise is always the games.
Well, the games hardly have a storyline or anything to call a canon.

Like I said, Tajiri himself stated that Pokemon Adventures most closely modeled what he set out to create in Pokemon.

Everyone should go read Pokemon Adventures! It's the best!

Qwomo said:

Like I said, Tajiri himself stated that Pokemon Adventures most closely modeled what he set out to create in Pokemon.

Dude, what? In Gold/Silver you go back through Kanto and it culminates in you facing off against the dude you played as in Red/Blue! That shit blew my 10 year-old mind. High drama, man!

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
If there are no guns in pokemon then how is there a move called water GUN? HMMM?

same reason pokemon are referred to in the pokedex as the "anteater pokemon" and "iron ant pokemon" or the " fire dog pokemon" . I lol thinking the trainers going " da fuck is an ant?"

Qwomo said:

Theres far more canon in the games then you're giving credit and you know it. Everything from settings to character designs add to the over all information we are getting.

And he said that about the manga ... years ago. That manga's changed and has gotten shitty. And on top of that they don't out canon the games which they are based on.

Top Bottom