• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Sony give another go at making a PlayStation phone?

Justin9mm

As far as a phone/device for mobile games.. Sony is above that shit.. Mobile games generally suck ass.

Another Sony Portable gaming device.. Leave it to Nintendo.

I would much prefer Sony concentrate on their flagship console then try spread the love!. As someone who does not need or care for a portable gaming device, my opinion is biased.

The only thing similar that they should be working on is being able to use any newer Android device to stream games from your PS5.

I think Sony should do another handheld, without the priciness.

The phone thing would be profitable but not respectable, I personally would prefer to have actual buttons.

Is the notion that they're never making another handheld console again even confirmed?

The Xperia Play has buttons, did you see the picture? Slide-out gamepad.

So spend even more money (money you may not have) on development of a PlayStation phone when your existing phone lineup is doing so poorly in the market.

Brilliant idea.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Sony Phones - No
Sony Games on Phones - Of course. Not releasing games for mobile is leaving money on the table. That shit makes money.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The less any of the big players have to do with mobile gaming the better IMHO. The race to the bottom in that segment is not something you want infecting the likes of Sony and Microsoft.

As far as a playstation phone goes who is the market for such a device? Looks like nobody from where I'm sitting.

Top Bottom