• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Dragon Age Inquisitor

Djin1979

I just got the platinum, here is my inquisitor :

584399inqui4.jpg

669513inqui2.jpg

Spacejaws

ibva4u7.jpg
aziz-ansari-thumbnail.jpg

Kidding, kidding thats my Dark Souls Aziz Ansari Pyromancer.

Here's my rather plain Dwarven Rogue John Crichton. He looks a bit too honest to me now to be a rogue.

acwsNew.jpg

Skux

For anyone interested in making faces, there's a really informative thread on the Bioware forums: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/527279-realistic-facial-proportions/

Some general tips on making a well proportioned face as a template

- Remove the hair before you start to get a good view of the whole head and face

- Look away from the face every now and then and view some other faces. You can get too used to staring a face, that alterations that actually correct it look 'off'

- Most preset heads have the eyes way too high, too large, and too close together. Bring them down closer to the centre of the head between the top of the skull and bottom of the chin, and make them smaller and wider, so there's about an eye's width between both eyes

- Lots of men find larger eyes attractive, but this is an illusion caused by makeup. Not knowing this they pump up the eye size and make something alien-looking. There's no need to make eyes bigger than the default that comes with a preset.

- Make the nose and chin lower to compensate for the lower eyes, this will basically set the whole face lower and more in realistic proportion.

- Lots of presets also have a weird jaw alignment with the upper jaw being too far forward. Push the mouth in closer to the face, then bring the lower jaw out to correct.

Here's my Human Inquisitor:
B5QHb2MIgAAxPnM.jpg:large

Dude looks almost like Krem:
B4294t1IUAAgX6y.jpg:large

And here's my Dalish Inquisitor:
B6KRKXIIQAAscdi.jpg:large

I'm going to make a third Inquisitor when I finish playing through DAO/A and DA2.

I forgot to post some of my character. I basically restarted the game like 5 times because the character would look awkward in cutscenes. Then I just gave up and did minor modifications instead of trying to go crazy with it.

ScreenshotWin32_0024_Final.png
ScreenshotWin32_0008_Final.png

ScreenshotWin32_0011_Final.png

She's kind of angry looking in-game.

Sagely

Back for a second playthrough with an elven mage this time! I can't resist choosing strange eye colours with those iris sliders.
A65tIRv.png

xzHTz1c.png

I love being a mage but the generated elves are so skinny! It feels strange after being a sturdy Qunari with badass rogue armour for so long.
bjV3nU4.png

Whew, finally. Spent something like an hour etching that face and I'm very pleased. The hair models are all absolutely awful.

Noticed I had picked up a class I didn't want to play...

Bioware pls

Some of these characters are really great, the third panel on this one stuck out to me, it's looks very real, almost like an actual face modeled into the game.

Since Origin is butts with capturing screenshots, I took one from one of my streams.

hc3QudZ.png

Ezanara. Sword and board warrior that often takes the more thoughtful route when solving crises. Also crafts own armor.

Akhe

I call him Captain Shepard from another dimension = D (He has the same look and voice of the one that I did in Mass Effect.)

Screenshot_Win32_0000_Final.jpg

Screenshot_Win32_0001_Final.jpg

Spyware

Spent all of my gaming time this week on this CC. I can't even express how angry it makes me and how much I hate it. They really did everything wrong with this one.
Usually I love making characters but not in this game. Urgh.

Here's my collection anyway. I really like the human female and the dwarves, tolerating the rest.

(Making the armor you start in invisible helped a lot!)

iNvid02

she was created after i could not concentrate on the dialogue whenever i saw my clown of an inquisitors face in any scenes
i dont know how some people made it through with those monstrosities they created

0rkNkDy.jpg

Ushiwaka

Lemme revive this thread.

I restarted the game like 4 times until I had a character that I kinda liked. I wish the CC was more like Dragon's Dogma. Anyway, this is my Inquisitor:

i5ABEhr.jpg

Spyware

Lemme revive this thread.

I restarted the game like 4 times until I had a character that I kinda liked. I wish the CC was more like Dragon's Dogma.
Yeah that CC is the best I've seen. This would have been amazing with something even a bit like that one. Or almost any other CC in existence (except maybe Oblivion I guess). It wouldn't be so bad if BW wasn't horrible with lighting.
I hope the next patch arrives sooner rather than later since they will add the option to tweak characters. I wanna change small details about all my other characters before I play them. :p

Only four times for that character is good tho ;) It took me maybe 20-ish tries to get the ones I have now. I spent around 10 hours in there learning what worked and what didn't...

The Inquisitors I posted before are all deleted due to a bug. But here is the first one I finished the game with:

And one that might be seen as a very tiny bit spoilery.
Removed vallaslin

Lucreto

Can't decide on a new Inquisitor. The latest attempt

aVyFf23.jpg

huSXKWd.jpg

I am having great difficulty creating a nice Elven face.

I have enough elves to fill the Emerald Graves 3 times over.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sorry for the slight necro, but with the Trespasser DLC and a recent new playthrough, I'm still amazed at how great the character creator in this game is.

Here's a shot of Vaelan Trevelyan, my male Human Reaver, from the DLC. Super sarcastic and witty fellow who also has a heart of gold and an underlying straight arrow side to him:

Anabelle Lavellan, female Elf Rogue (not yet specialized), who I plan to romance Solas with
for a really interesting ending and DLC
. More "boring" than Vaelan by comparison, but a very nice and helpful person who is a bit flirtatious, but also fairly reserved:

My Warrior
FemHawke
from my second playthrough:

Every time my characters pop up in cutscenes I get sort of giddy because they look so organic and fit in so well with the rest of the characters. And it's like, "I made this person."

Top Bottom