• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

Mr.Fusion

My bedroom/home theater.
Optoma HD20 projector
100 inch screen that I made. (That I kind of messed up.)
Yamaha YHT-397 surround system.
PS3 Slim
Xbox 360 (and Rock Band gear, Stage Kit, Telecaster, Mustang Pro, Pro Drums, keyboard)
Wii U
3DS XL
PS Vita
Nexus 7
Directv HD DVR
Apple TV
2011 Apple Mac Mini
23 inch LG 3D monitor (D2342)
My old 17 inch Dell monitor

7ckaUzR.jpg
[/IMG]
bddhPB5.jpg
[/IMG]
URd6YAK.jpg
[/IMG]
XTG5tIe.jpg
[/IMG]
ljJBmec.jpg
[/IMG]

kinggroin

Banned
There's not enough traffic for a Cribs thread (we tried in 2011) but there's a need. I don't see the harm, it's the same as the non-gaming related items in the monthly pick up threads.

Nice buzz killing haha

I love this thread!

While my post was a little tongue-in-cheek, I think these shots; assuming the thread title means exactly what it says, muddies the thread.

Guess it doesn't hurt, but it certainly means scrolling through more pics of beautiful, if mostly irrelevant rooms before we see the money shots.

Right there with you. This thread makes me feel like such a loser :(

Fuck off with that self-pity shit. You're a gamer; that's the only qualifier to being fucking awesome here.

So you're fucking awesome.

SuperSah

Banned
Braggingthread.

My setup doesn't exist. Just got a Wii/360 connected to a random tv and I just carry my 3DS on hand. Also don't have much merchandise.

/Poor.

Figured I'd make my first post a pic of my main gaming area. Used to be a 360 in here as well, but it went away towards my launch PS4. Also have a simple PC set up in another room.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Pioneer Kuro on the Wall, Pioneer Elite Receiver, and Blu Ray Player. Klipsch Reference II speakers.

audiogremlin

Neo Member
It's amazing how one can spend millions on a house and then have such a ghetto sound system.

If you're referring to me, it's actually quite logical. There are rich people and there are people who have savings that allow them to make a big purchase. Making that big purchase hurts the pocket book big time though. In all honesty, the house is an investment purchase. The plan is to sell in 2-3 years when the value increases a bit more to make a nice little profit. It is wholly impractical to live in such a big house with such a small family.

We should all shift focus back to the setups dedicated to gaming as this thread is going off course.

PS.
Love the projector in the bedroom.

Wray

This is my newly retrofitted gaming center. Could not be happier with my new TV and Paradigm speakers. I definitely need to upgrade my Sub though. Also planning to upgrade my receiver early next year probably.

Specs...

Display - Panasonic TC-P60S60 Plasma
Receiver - Onkyo TX-NR509
Fronts - Paradigm Monitor 7's
Center - Paradigm CC-370
Surround - Paradigm Monitor Atoms
Sub - Sony SA-WMSP2

Currently only have a PS3 and a Wii-U hooked up. My 360 died on me, and I use my PS3 and Wii-U for PS2 and Wii games. I'll be adding a PS4 to the mix come the fall. I'm also going to hook up a gaming PC to the mix once I have enough money to build a secondary PC.

Do regs not have "cribs"?

I used to live in a 2 bedroom apt in the Queensbridge projects. My friends were no better off either. We still referred to it as our "crib"

oh what i was trying to say is that in the old thread there was a poster name "regs" who would post pics of his mansion and 100 supercars. then no one else would post because they looked poor by comparison.

Tabris

oh what i was trying to say is that in the old thread there was a poster name "regs" who would post pics of his mansion and 100 supercars. then no one else would post because they looked poor by comparison.

Regs didn't have any kind of interior design sense though in my opinion and it was a bit of a mess. Unlike the recent post with the amazing house. At least at the time Regs posted, maybe he hired someone or had time to clean it up.

Figured I'd make my first post a pic of my main gaming area. Used to be a 360 in here as well, but it went away towards my launch PS4. Also have a simple PC set up in another room.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Pioneer Kuro on the Wall, Pioneer Elite Receiver, and Blu Ray Player. Klipsch Reference II speakers.

I like your Media/TV Units ... where'd you get them? Looking for something similar myself to accommodate my wiring shambles :)

audiogremlin

Neo Member
Here are some other pics I took. House is pretty damn bare aside from what I posted earlier. Got a ton to cleanup still and make it feel like home.

Part of the kitchen.
DSCF0953_zps233ab3f9.jpg

On the other side of the kitchen is the cleaning and prep area. The left side below the hood fan in the pic above is actually a window to the cleaning/prep area. Pretty cool if hosting a party that I can just pass stuff through hiding all the mess.
DSCF0952_zps48ccd71a.jpg

This is one of my favorite parts in the house. It's called a Chinese Kitchen. Stuff you cook that would smell up the whole house is done here.
DSCF0948_zpsf5f5ea70.jpg

A partial shot of the "Retreat" room in the master bedroom.
DSCF0978_zps6948c69d.jpg

Partial pic of the backyard.
DSCF0984_zps1edece0e.jpg

A shot of a hallway.
DSCF0981_zps5033eec3.jpg

Regs didn't have any kind of interior design sense though in my opinion and it was a bit of a mess. Unlike the recent post with the amazing house. At least at the time Regs posted, maybe he hired someone or had time to clean it up.
oh man, i swear there were like tigers or wolves in one of the rooms.

Wow, I wish I was with a rich gaffer...*feels poor*

I think I posted this already:

kBzB4ZN.jpg

23z6KEh.jpg

I need to take a new pic have gotten quite a few more games since this picture xD

CF22

There's some good looking game rooms in here. Read the whole thread and looked at previous years too; will post mine soon.

maverick40

Here are some other pics I took. House is pretty damn bare aside from what I posted earlier. Got a ton to cleanup still and make it feel like home.

Part of the kitchen.
DSCF0953_zps233ab3f9.jpg

On the other side of the kitchen is the cleaning and prep area. The left side below the hood fan in the pic above is actually a window to the cleaning/prep area. Pretty cool if hosting a party that I can just pass stuff through hiding all the mess.
DSCF0952_zps48ccd71a.jpg

This is one of my favorite parts in the house. It's called a Chinese Kitchen. Stuff you cook that would smell up the whole house is done here.
DSCF0948_zpsf5f5ea70.jpg

A partial shot of the "Retreat" room in the master bedroom.
DSCF0978_zps6948c69d.jpg

Partial pic of the backyard.
DSCF0984_zps1edece0e.jpg

A shot of a hallway.
DSCF0981_zps5033eec3.jpg

GOOD GOD, DAYUM!!!! Inspirational house right there.

maverick40

House is worth 5 million. Got it for 3.65 million. It's a 4000 square foot bungalow. They left all the TVs (the one in the great room is mine though), lawn furniture, and barbeque. They inadvertently took the controllers for the crestron system when returning the modems so that is a bit of a bummer. Not going to get that replaced and set up for a while as home automation is not cheap and this house has hit the pocket book pretty hard. Couldn't pass it up though.

What do you work as if you don't mind me asking?

Tabris

With audiogremlin's post, I think it's time someone produced NeoGAF Cribs.

Agreed. I think we could also do with a Home Theater GAF thread as well. I'd love for some people to talk about their setups in depth, or just have hardware/component focused discussions.

Probably not before the end of this year, but I'll definitely post my setup in the 2014 thread.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Some of these posts feel like I'm watching MTV Cribs. Can we add a requirement for people to post their general profession so I can feel less inadequate about my gaming setup? lol

Top Bottom