• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

If you think gremlin's posts are jealous worthy now, I imagine it'll be 10 times worse when they move their stuff in.

Yeah, when you spend that much on a house you tend to have some nice stuff to go with it.

If there isn't a Ferrari or something in the garage ill be disappointed

neos

mancave1.jpg
Can you please tell me which chair is it and give me some feedback about it?
Looks like something i'd like

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really really miss my old setup. We have a pretty large house here in France, but compared to what you can get in the States, it's a downgrade. I've had to move all of my stuff into a single room and I don't like it anywhere near as much as my old place. Half of the room is devoted to my hardware setup (pictured here). I miss having multiple rooms. :\

Lighting isn't great for photos either so the pictures aren't excellent.

That said, the walls in these French homes are THICK and do an amazing job preventing sound from leaving the room while providing excellent acoustics. The sound system is overkill for the room but it sounds really good. The wire running up the wall, by the way, is part of an experiment. The ceiling is pretty high so I took an extra pair of speakers to run as "front heights". Definitely liking it for things like rain in film and gaming as it creates a nice overhead atmosphere.

5Is.png

6Is.jpg

I really really miss my old setup. We have a pretty large house here in France, but compared to what you can get in the States, it's a downgrade. I've had to move all of my stuff into a single room and I don't like it anywhere near as much as my old place. Half of the room is devoted to my hardware setup (pictured here). I miss having multiple rooms. :\

Lighting isn't great for photos either so the pictures aren't excellent.

That said, the walls in these French homes are THICK and do an amazing job preventing sound from leaving the room while providing excellent acoustics. The sound system is overkill for the room but it sounds really good. The wire running up the wall, by the way, is part of an experiment. The ceiling is pretty high so I took an extra pair of speakers to run as "front heights". Definitely liking it for things like rain in film and gaming as it creates a nice overhead atmosphere.

5Is.png

6Is.jpg

I live in the states, and would much rather a room like that instead of spreading my stuff out over a larger area to make it seem more lived in. Think I need to move into a smaller house.

Only thing I would do different is have a closed setup for the systems. Hate dusting and cleaning around them. Looks glorious though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, I've been thinking of ways to shield my systems from dust. Might look into a different piece of furniture but that's what I had access to after moving. I have to dust them regularly as it is.

Spottty

Neo Member
Here are some other pics I took. House is pretty damn bare aside from what I posted earlier. Got a ton to cleanup still and make it feel like home.

Part of the kitchen.
DSCF0953_zps233ab3f9.jpg

Welcome to Calgary, where if your not a Oil Exec or a Lawyer for a oil company you will never own a decent size house. So glad I left that place.

Amazing house though. That neighbourhood is gorgeous. Use to take the kids through there at Christmas time because there were always some pretty nice displays.

69wpm

As already posted, you should get 2 double Bestas. Ikea allows for some decent customization.

Got them for my new setup with a 55" TV (still unfinished) as well, but in white:

2013-07-06-191554rssrr.jpg

(crappy Vita cam xD).

How is the Wharfedale centre? I have a pair of Diamond 10.2 at the moment and thinking about getting a centre.

v1lla21

Took this picture yesterday. Since then I have cleaned up the wires and put the PC on a platform so it wouldn't be in contact with the carpet.

Sorry about the crappy picture, it was taken with my cell phone.
Besides the consoles there is a 10 port usb hub on the bottom right of the screen. Behind the screen is the dual charging station for my DS3s

it won't post for some reason. Here is the link for anyone who can fix it for me.
e3LaPyV.jpg

Quick cellphone pic of our new 75 inch TV, the Samsung 75ES9000 I'm completely in love with it. Blackest blacks I have ever seen and stunning, gorgeous colours. This size works for DOTA2 from the sofa. To my dismay they installed it 5 cm too low so they have to come back again to fix it.

What game is that?

Gunnar

Neo Member
This is my main gaming setup. I also have a Gamecube and N64 that are in my closet. Somehere...

Here is the main couch in the living room.

Here is the main movie watching area. Wife does Xbox excercise there. Not one for cable managment. lol. The tv is new a Samsung 60 in UE something or another.
Onyxo SR706, WII, B&W' 805 across the from. Bose satellites, Polk PSW 10. Had a Velodyne but it got messed up with water damage.

Gunnar

Neo Member
This is my main gaming setup. I also have a Gamecube and N64 that are in my closet. Somehere...

Here is the main couch in the living room.

Here is the main movie watching area. Wall is bare she took down the stuff on the wall. Wife does Xbox excercise there. Not one for cable managment. lol. The tv is new a Samsung 60 in UE something or another.
Onyxo SR706, WII, B&W' 805 across the from. Bose satellites, Polk PSW 10. Had a Velodyne but it got messed up with water damage.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Took this picture yesterday. Since then I have cleaned up the wires and put the PC on a platform so it wouldn't be in contact with the carpet.

Sorry about the crappy picture, it was taken with my cell phone.
Besides the consoles there is a 10 port usb hub on the bottom right of the screen. Behind the screen is the dual charging station for my DS3s

it won't post for some reason. Here is the link for anyone who can fix it for me....

Oh man. Wood paneling.

Good times!

2013 rev.2

http://imgur.com/OZcE4fT
http://imgur.com/Z2ItZrP
http://imgur.com/x3hMqu6
http://imgur.com/zJ9BXga

I need to save some space for the future Birth of my first son and i make some sacrifices in the gaming room, new painting, the room feels bigger now, new led tv, a huge upgrade coming from an cheapassbastard LCD tv, and a lot of space free for the toys and apparel of the newcomer.

You already made a hole to mount the TV, so why didn't you route the wires in the wall?

RayStorm

You already made a hole to mount the TV, so why didn't you route the wires in the wall?

Due to being in a similar situation:
Because it's much more work. drilling 4 small holes into a wall for the wall mount is rather easy, but drilling two rather large holes in a wall and then threading the cables through is a different ball game. And that's if you have a drywall, which probably has some sort of insulation in it to make threading the wires through more complicated. If your wall is made out of bricks, then... well... that just sounds like a lot of work and dust.

TLDR: Why would you think that drilling holes for a wall mount equates in any way to routing your wires through the wall?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Due to being in a similar situation:
Because it's much more work. drilling 4 small holes into a wall for the wall mount is rather easy, but drilling two rather large holes in a wall and then threading the cables through is a different ball game. And that's if you have a drywall, which probably has some sort of insulation in it to make threading the wires through more complicated. If your wall is made out of bricks, then... well... that just sounds like a lot of work and dust.

TLDR: Why would you think that drilling holes for a wall mount equates in any way to routing your wires through the wall?

Because it's a short vertical wiring, so there's no stud (and most likely no fireblock) obstructing the path, i.e. a 10-15 minute procedure. It takes the same amount, or less time, than mounting the TV to the wall in the first place.

RayStorm

Because it's a short vertical wiring, so there's no stud (and most likely no fireblock) obstructing the path, i.e. a 10-15 minute procedure. It takes the same amount, or less time, than mounting the TV to the wall in the first place.

I'm just going from my situation, but in my drywall there's insulation and I am pretty sure that threading the wires for one meter behind the wall would be quite time consuming due to them getting caught up in the insulation and then finding the bottom hole as well. Might be that I imagine it being more difficult and fidly than it actually is, but even then that's kind of the point I'm trying to make in addition to me asking about verification of my fears.

Deku Tree

I used an outside of the wall cord management solution. There are tons of options in this regard, see for example.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cat...ement&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053

I had to buy a $20 plastic thing that came with screws. I screwed a few screws into the drywall. I painted a plastic piece with the same paint as my wall color. I routed the wires through the plastic piece and I snapped two pieces of plastic together. Next thing you know all the wires are hidden.

For those who have their PC's hooked up in the living room, do you have wireless mouse/keyboard recommendations you can give me? I bought a set blind but the range and feel of the devices is frankly horrible. Thanks in advance.

I would assume they have wireless. However, not to hijack your post, but I am more curious about what you do with the tower? I am in the process of building my man cave/ room from scratch, and I am debating running everything thru the tv. However, I can't see a computer tower looking decent on my stand. I will have the tv on the wall and a long base for the reciever and consoles, but the tower??? Or do you guys recommend the pc on a seperate desk? Thanks for any input!

Some new hardware

Pioneer Elite PRO BD Player
1098414_10151743906474512_663115720_n.jpg

New LED Lighting set for my Samsung PN64E8000

1378_10151743722954512_56434672_n.jpg

543793_10151743723019512_631046905_n.jpg

Ill post some photos of the place once its all set up, tuned and tidied up. Been long overdue.

CF22

Here's my setup. I'm going to grad school and living in my parent's house. I moved into another bedroom in the house and used the opportunity to get new furniture. I still have some stuff to do. Most of the stuff is Ikea like the Ivar system, I like the combination of the solid pine, blacks and whites.

As you can see here I collect 1:400 scale airliner models and I'm a big Ferrari fan. The print on the wall is the F2012 at Monaco by Andrea Del Pesco. Though it is small the PS display is good enough for the size of the room. Below that I have the PS3 Slim, Apple TV and DirecTV box. Next to the TV is the PS DS3 charging station, I'll probably stand the PS4 there when it comes out since I'll be keeping the PS3. I also keep the games, Vita and other stuff on the black Ikea boxes.
9420639844_663da2096f_b.jpg

My other gaming capable devices. PS Vita, I7 Samsung Chronos, I7 Macbook Air, Retina iPad and iPhone 5. The only PC game I play every once in a while is Sim City.
9420690824_c2466137d7_b.jpg

The opposite facing wall is simple, a nightstand with an old iPhone 3GS for music purposes and a telescope. The bed is aligned with the TV, the upper part folds up for more comfortable gaming and watching TV.
9420617900_7aae574cbc_b.jpg

More of the Ivar System.
9417900167_a77f477fee_b.jpg

Games stored in an Ikea box.
9417835291_7870706190_b.jpg

I also have a Wii and an original PS3 in the living room.

dodgeme

Well I've put this together on a college kids budget still living with his parents. Nothing extraordinary but I'm proud of it. These pictures a little outdated and are missing a few things but overall are good. My next big upgrade will be a new receiver. Wanting something a little bit more feature packed.

Heres my main setup. 42" TV, 7.1 Surround (I've added a sub since this picture), Blu-Ray/HD-DVD and a bunch of consoles.

A tad bit closer

Overview of my main gaming shelve. Moved some stuff around since these pictures but gives a good idea.

Some close-ups

My other main shelve. A bit of a big blu-ray fan. Last count was around 230 movies.

A bit of an overlook of the room. A tad messy but gotta do what I can with the room.

Well, here's my extremely ordinary setup:

img2830j.jpg

Very little has changed since that pic was taken.
I have an identical IKEA shelf next to the one in the corner, and in desperate need of a third one.
I've also upgraded my PC, and bought a new cabinet (the old one's a HAF912, the new one is a NZXT Phantom 410).

The TV is my trusty Panasonic 42" G10E. And the 5.1. surround is an entry level Onkyo HT-R390.
To the left of the receiver is an Xbox 360 Slim, and to the right is a fat PS3.

I'm hoping to get an entry level PJ later this year and a 92" screen.
I have my eyes set on the BenQ W1070, which from what I've read offers excellent PQ for the price and great 3D.
Having around 20 ms input lag, it'll be good pretty damn good for gaming too.

Insides of the PC in the new cabinet:
img3175le.jpg

- ASUS P8 Z77-V PRO
- Core i5 3570K @ 4.6Ghz
- Asus GTX 580 DCUII
- Zotac GTX 580
- Corsair XMS3 8GB(should probably upgrade)
- Corsair HX850 V2
- Corsair H100

RkOwnage

New house...it's going to be a long work in progress, but here's what I have. Sorry for the quality of the pics, I thought the S4 camera would produce better photos than this.

8VVXfNjl.jpg

23uPj8Ml.jpg

0dsnJWel.jpg

qNmtxjHl.jpg

and finally, my little one's face for ignoring her and taking/posting these pictures. One of the funniest faces she's made.

7cxwbbZl.jpg

fenners

New house...it's going to be a long work in progress, but here's what I have. Sorry for the quality of the pics, I thought the S4 camera would produce better photos than this.

and finally, my little one's face for ignoring her and taking/posting these pictures. One of the funniest faces she's made.

7cxwbbZl.jpg

Great pic ;)

Zelda fan then?

More detailed Pics of my PC setup.

Here's my view looking at my PC. Please excuse the crappy panoramic shot. There is my Logitech G13 Gamepad, G19 Keyboard, WoW Cataclysm Mouse. 3X Dell 24" monitors with various Lego Super Hero minifigs on top. I have more of those. Lots more.
IMG_5068-1.jpg

Art Books on the side.
IMG_5072.jpg

Logitech Z5500 sound system with G35 headset within hands reach.
IMG_5071.jpg

3x3TB externals and my tower.
IMG_5069.jpg

2x2TB externals hidden on back shelf of desk.
IMG_5073.jpg

Some White Dwarf magazines out to look through for inspiration and as a lead into what's in my desk.
IMG_5085.jpg

Top Drawer: Paint, and lots of it. It actually goes back another 4-5 rows of paint than what is pictured.
IMG_5081.jpg

Second Drawer: Washes, metallics, inks, transparent acrylics, and basing supplies.
IMG_5082.jpg

Third Drawer: Bulk paint, more inks, clues, washes, and more basing supplies.
18500a6c-2521-428a-a153-342b1e492416.jpg

Also in the last drawer is my modeling kit containing brushes, miter box, clippers, pins, files, dental tools, various clamps, more basing supplies, Micron pens, and various putties.
IMG_5084.jpg

All used to model and paint stuff like this.
IMG_5089.jpg

Pic for size comparison.
IMG_5091.jpg

Most of my painting supplies are actually in another room now, but I keep the basics close at hand.

I'll post a more detailed view of my media room some other time.

Posted in the August thread - but here it is:

Im very happy with it.

541733_10151751674429512_1920769336_n.jpg

New:
Pioneer Elite BDP- 62FD Bluray Player
KEF Master Reference Q200C Centre
Pioneer SC LX56 9.2 Channel AV Receiver @ 130w per channel.

Big step up from the PS3, Infinity Cascade and Denon AVR 1911!

Work In Progress as I just moved in this place ... will update as it moves along.

zJjTBKo.jpg

Finally a dedicated spot for my R7 DC and more to come ...

Top Bottom