• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

Just upgraded to a 50" LED BRAVIA. New gaming generation needs a new TV. Logic is sound
JUwIbVzl.jpg

What model did u get?

Ryan_

So I've been slightly updating my home over the past few weeks. Finally decided to move my record player into the living room since I've been meaning to find it a spot since I moved in more than 2 years ago. It really adds to the living room space.

Could you tell me where you got that cupboard for your turntable?
I'm getting my dad's old one and I want to give it a nice place in my college room.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
How is the quality from Ikea? I have no experience with their products.

Depends on what it is. Some things, like the Billy bookcases, are actually quite solid. Pretty much everyone likes them. Most stuff is kinda crap, though.

Adding to this, there's some IKEA products that don't hold so well if they are moved around. I was always told that the rule was to expect their furniture to survive one or two moves and that's about it. My parents have an old (massive) bookcase from them that's got to be 20+ years old already...it's still holding up, but if they even tried to move it out of the room it's in, it looks like it would just collapse, lol.

desu

Adding to this, there's some IKEA products that don't hold so well if they are moved around. I was always told that the rule was to expect their furniture to survive one or two moves and that's about it. My parents have an old (massive) bookcase from them that's got to be 20+ years old already...it's still holding up, but if they even tried to move it out of the room it's in, it looks like it would just collapse, lol.

Well, its true that some of the Ikea stuff won't survive more than 1-2 moves. Yet, to be honest most furniture I see these days won't last more either.

XshadowX

Neo Member
I'll Post just my 360 collection, don't have time to post the others.

230+ games, 4 Xbox 360's, 2 sealed

picture.php

My small setup

picture.php

frogg609

So many of these setups are just stunning. However, I'm wondering, for the people with kids and dogs, what kind of tv stand do you use? The one I've been using is wide open, which leads to a lot of dust/dog hair.

I'd like to set one that could support the following: standard size receiver, 55" plasma, xb360, ps3, WiiU, and possibly a PS4 at some point. It'd also be nice if it had doors over certain things so the kid wouldn't mess with it.

Thanks!

Flek

Banned
So many of these setups are just stunning. However, I'm wondering, for the people with kids and dogs, what kind of tv stand do you use? The one I've been using is wide open, which leads to a lot of dust/dog hair.

I'd like to set one that could support the following: standard size receiver, 55" plasma, xb360, ps3, WiiU, and possibly a PS4 at some point. It'd also be nice if it had doors over certain things so the kid wouldn't mess with it.

Thanks!

in my opinion wall mount is the only way to go with kids and animals around

Flek

Banned
That's fine for the tv, but how about with a receiver and all? (I have our 32" tv and PS3 in the bedroom wall mounted).

not to mouch you can do about the receiver or consoles. I just reached my cats not to even walk near my tv and my kid to don´t touch anything there. But of course she still occasionally drifts towards the ps3. But honestly - what harm could she do?

dodgeme

Love seeing everyones setups. Think I posted mine a while back but here is a slight update.

LUg5Z7g.jpg

Excuse the mess of wires. Haven't really felt like cleaning them up as I'm the only one that has to see them. Put this together on a college kids budget working 30 or so hours a week. Just added the Harman-Kardon Receiver, replacing a Samsung I had for like 2 years. Next few weeks will be fun however, have an HD-DVR coming from DirecTV and my Xbox One the week after that. Other then that still rocking an HD-DVD player, figured no reason to get rid of the movies I already had on the format.

Rich!

My modern gaming setup downstairs is shit, so lets ignore that. Instead here's my retro corner that I set up upstairs today after getting a decent CRT for free last night:

All I need now is to set up my spare 2.1 speaker system for badass sound and my massive Secret of Mana poster to put on the wall and it's complete!

Also need a Saturn to go into the bottom left corner of that unit. NES and SNES are catered for by the Wii which looks amazing in RGB and a SNES controller to GC adapter.

Kainazzo

20131112_2014579ojbw.jpg

Just finished building it.

That's a really nice looking case, and an excellent size too. I bought a Cosmos II because I thought I'd need all the extra space, now it just sticks out like a black monolith. If I can fit two GPUs in there, then I'll definitely get something more that size next time.

desu

That's a really nice looking case, and an excellent size too. I bought a Cosmos II because I thought I'd need all the extra space, now it just sticks out like a black monolith. If I can fit two GPUs in there, then I'll definitely get something more that size next time.

The bitfenix prodigy is really super sexy. Looking to that one for my next case upgrade as well.

Zakalwe

Banned
I disagree. Girls like having interesting and unique things to look at, especially with a great story behind it; makes for great conversation. (and no I don't mean nerdy action figures or anime posters). Cozy and warm makes them more comfortable. A place can look classy and clean without having to be cold and sterile.

There is no such thing as "girls", there are individuals and individual tastes vary.

OP's pad is very nice. It may not look as comfy as the others to some, but I bet sitting in there at night with the view and low lights on while gaming is a very cool experience and just as comfy and warm as any of the places on display in this thread.

cynostic

I don't have good lighting at night and I haven't figured out exactly where I want it, but here you go...

B1iUlIi.jpg

Dat cat accessory.

PS4 looks nice in the real and next too other stuff. Doesn't stick out, but makes a nice statement. Kudos. Decided if you want to keep it shown or not?

Yes Boss!

Holy shit at that rad lazy cat.

Gotta go flat on the 4 Tabris. Looks silly vertical...but I guess you kinda compensated by turning it 45 degrees.

KiraXD

its a bit of a mess right now... gotta organize the wires again... but this is media hub at the moment!

(thats my wifes TV on left my TV on right... lol)

i6fuSsIaM8jpe.JPG

iblSto9e5L01wZ.JPG

ibzxLEUCL21dO.png

hitsugi

I don't have good lighting at night and I haven't figured out exactly where I want it, but here you go...

B1iUlIi.jpg

huh.. a cat......

...what's your litterbox setup like? and hair removal program? seriously speaking as I have two cats and they are the source of a lot of cleaning between the hair and litter they track out onto the hardwood floor D:

scojitsu

Some lovely setups! Well impressed.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to purchase game related wall art?
I'm hoping to get some very cool stuff for my man cave.

Cloudy

Banned
TgP4ffn.jpg

Living Room.

j6Mq1Lq.jpg

Just moved the 360 to my bedroom to make room for the PS4. I need some speakers for that monitor cos the sound sucks

dmuQhFA.jpg

PS2 in the guest bedroom. PS3 will be joining it there when the XB1 arrives

xJavonta

Banned
[]http://i.imgur.com/TgP4ffn.jpg[/IMG]
Living Room.

[]http://i.imgur.com/j6Mq1Lq.jpg[/IMG]

Just moved the 360 to my bedroom to make room for the PS4. I need some speakers for that monitor cos the sound sucks

[]http://i.imgur.com/dmuQhFA.jpg[/IMG]

PS2 in the guest bedroom. PS3 will be joining it there when the XB1 arrives

You should head to an ikea. All that nice tech deserves proper furniture!

Cloudy

Banned
LMAO. I rent right now and moving is such a hassle, I decided I'm not buying real furniture till I get a house. This lack of BC is killing me and it's like I have consoles everywhere now (I also have a wii but it's packed up).

When I had 3 bedrooms at my old place, one was a "gaming" room. Can't do that right now :\

PS: The living room tv stand is from ikea :p

Top Bottom