• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2013 Edition

RkOwnage

Nothing new to get excited about...

87707_full.jpg

I've got that same ancient ass DVR, can't stand it. Brighthouse here. FTL

mtommy

Neo Member
I've got that same ancient ass DVR, can't stand it. Brighthouse here. FTL

Lol, i hardly ever use it. Bought it a few years ago just to record some NHL and Soccer games. I don't watch cable at all, so never used it for shows and crap like that. It served me OK so far.

Allforce

Haha we have the same one upstairs thru Time Warner but I made them order me a black DVR for my basement, which they did without any cost to me. Can't hurt to ask!

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I don't know if this also counts as the "interior design thread", but one of my favorite office space designs belongs to Valve. Usually modern and minimalist settings use hardwood, but the gray tile looks cool here.

jbndHt3cErOd7B.jpg

jbeORmAWSpeP7S.jpg

jbtM3vocZ9QSKC.jpg

jus51dsdLAq2E.jpg

HildyB

I don't know if this also counts as the "interior design thread", but one of my favorite office space designs belongs to Valve. Usually modern and minimalist settings use hardwood, but the gray tile looks cool here.

Them and some of the Google offices are amazing. But this thread if for your gaming space. Show us where you game!

Here is mine, posted in the last page of the 2012 a week ago, so I'll just move it over here. It was still being cleaned up as I took the pictures, not pictured is the Lay-z-boy and fireplace... only a couple more posters there in the gaming theme.

mr stroke

Pretty much same as last year-

pc set up-

Theater/Console room-

went to a bigger 106 inch screen for 2013

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

Living room/lite gaming room-

IMAG0011-1.jpg

bdd69db859a011e2976e22000a1fbc8d_7.jpg

Got a 37" Panny plasma on the cheap and threw it in the bedroom as a experimental setup. Had another Panasonic HTIB laying around that's not used in the living room downstairs. Temporary, but it's pretty damn comfy and wife approved, so no complaints... although we'll probably kill ourselves in our sleep or lose our legs at the very least. xD

Here's the living room if you haven't seen it from the first page:

Where are most people getting their simple non box art gaming posters from? I need a couple classy looking ones for my office.

Will take and post pics of living room/gaming room/office later this afternoon after the cleaning ladies leave lol

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Apologies for the shocking picture quality but I love reading this thread and thought it was time to contribute. The vast majority of my gaming is on PC, and i play it the old fashioned way. bolt upright at a desk, playing on a monitor. So here is my gaming setup in my very wooden student hovel.

27062011099wh0i.jpg

27062011094kfc6.jpg

27" Dell U2711 (2560x1440 :D)
24" BenQ G2420
Logitech Z-5500
Filco Majestouch mechanical keyboard
Saitek RAT 7
And some of my steam collection

And now my massive, gaudy, and very very dusty PC

27062011103m7gb.jpg

27062011102j7l0.jpg

Antec 1200 Case
Intel i5 2500K 4.8Ghz
8GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz RAM
Gigabyte 6970 2GB
Antec CP-850 PSU
5TB HDD space, but no SSD :(

I want to see how this guys setup looks these days. I don't know if it is just because I like dell monitors and the filco keyboard, but it has always been my favorite pc gaming setup here.

Good stuff. Did you setup Hyperspin yourself or did you find all the config files somewhere? I really want to use it for my MAME cabinet but I'm scared it'll take forever to set up.

Thanks. I set it up myself. It's really not that hard to set up, especially if you use HyperROM2XML to make a database of the games you have for each emulator. The rest is pretty much just pointing HyperHQ to your emulator and roms folders. You can also add PC games you have to it just as easily. The fancy main menu selection animations for most emulators are built in already, but you'll need to get or make your own for PC games. I'd also recommend getting the EmuMovies program to help get screenshots/videos for the game selection menus for each game you have.

It can take a bit of time to get it all there just right, but it's pretty easy to setup the basics. Good luck!

Chairhome

Thanks. I set it up myself. It's really not that hard to set up, especially if you use HyperROM2XML to make a database of the games you have for each emulator. The rest is pretty much just pointing HyperHQ to your emulator and roms folders. You can also add PC games you have to it just as easily. The fancy main menu selection animations for most emulators are built in already, but you'll need to get or make your own for PC games. I'd also recommend getting the EmuMovies program to help get screenshots/videos for the game selection menus for each game you have.

It can take a bit of time to get it all there just right, but it's pretty easy to setup the basics. Good luck!

Thanks! Maybe I'll make it my weekend project!

Pachinko

I haven't posted the ghetto basement in like 3 years because nothing really changed down there.

The last couple months though- I bought a 55 inch tv, got a new reciever, a wii U and one of my uncles was kind enough to store all of his dead animal heads next to my stuff :p

So enjoy what now looks like a redneck ghetto basement :p
IMG_01931_zps6752de7d.jpg

Lazlo

• 7.1 Speakers - 3 x Genelec 8040, 4 x Genelec 8020, 1 x Genelec 7050B sub
• AV receiver - Sony 5300ES

Nice setup! I also run Genelec 8040's but I have them all around minus a sub. With your setup though I'm wondering...

a) Why didn't you go with the 7060B to match the 8040's? (7050B is a match to the 8020's)

b) Are you running them all connected via RCA to the receiver or doing the 5.1 through the 7050 + the side speakers to the receiver.

Gila

I haven't posted the ghetto basement in like 3 years because nothing really changed down there.

The last couple months though- I bought a 55 inch tv, got a new reciever, a wii U and one of my uncles was kind enough to store all of his dead animal heads next to my stuff :p

I am laughing way too hard at this

Chittagong

Gold Member
Nice setup! I also run Genelec 8040's but I have them all around minus a sub. With your setup though I'm wondering...

a) Why didn't you go with the 7060B to match the 8040's? (7050B is a match to the 8020's)

Thanks!

All my flats have been in a block of apartments, so even this sub occassionally roars way too much, can't imagine the bigger would get me evicted I think

b) Are you running them all connected via RCA to the receiver or doing the 5.1 through the 7050 + the side speakers to the receiver.

Running straight from amp preouts to speakers. Have been wondering about running them through the sub, whether it's worth the hassle / amount of cables...?

Them and some of the Google offices are amazing. But this thread if for your gaming space. Show us where you game!

Here is mine, posted in the last page of the 2012 a week ago, so I'll just move it over here. It was still being cleaned up as I took the pictures, not pictured is the Lay-z-boy and fireplace... only a couple more posters there in the gaming theme.

Where did you get those Mega Man prints?

Heysoos

Somewhat OT, but I'm hoping you guys can help me a little. I recently felt like buying a new desk, as I've grown to dislike the one I have now. It's a nice L Glass top desk that I bought on Amazon a while back. It doesn't play nice with dual monitors however. The keyboard drawer thing is horrible, too small, and feels extremely fragile. The L shape design also left a lot to be desired.

Anyways, I really liked this Ikea one , but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay $350 dollars in shipping for a 60 dollar desk. The smaller version of this desk is only like 30 dollars shipping but if I'm not getting the bigger one then I'd like to look elsewhere.

So before I head off to furniture stores, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any decent desks like those that won't break the bank on shipping alone. Trying to keep my budget under $150 if possible. Won't mind putting in some more if the desk is just flat out amazing though. Also this is for my room setup.

IMG_01931_zps6752de7d.jpg

Needs more duct tape :p

Top Bottom