• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida: Shadow of the Colossus On PS4 Is A Remake Not A Remaster

killroy87

So what would you suggest to those people who never played this game?

Sure, all people in the world have a PS3. Also all people in world were born before 2000.

I'm not sure I like the implication that we need to constantly accommodate every potential new player. There were a LOT of seminal games released before I got into gaming, and if I want to play those, I have to search them out and discover them myself. I actually really like that.

EVIL

I'm not sure I like the implication that we need to constantly accommodate every potential new player. There were a LOT of seminal games released before I got into gaming, and if I want to play those, I have to search them out and discover them myself. I actually really like that.
But you are a minority in the sense that the larger group wants to have the classics catered to the new generation.

ArchAngel

Remake, Remaster ... I don't care as I love this game and will buy it - like Resident Evil 4 - for every console it releases on.
Oh, and Amazon.de put it online with a "standard edition". Seems there will be a CE/LE for this game.

firelogic

lol, why is there even a debate over "remake or remaster?" Buy the game if it interests you, don't buy it if it doesn't. I don't see the point in arguing for days upon days over something as meaningless as the term remake/remaster. What if it really is a remake but they call it a remaster or vice versa? Does that change your purchase decision? You should be looking at the content of the game itself, not some subtitle.

And it's a remake btw :p It's being built from the ground up on PS4. New everything but copying what came before. Not taking the old and jury-rigging it to work on PS4.

kitsuneyo

Only problem: This is NOT a REMAKE.

You don't understand these terms. A remaster takes the original assets and reworks them. If you create new assets then it's not a remaster.

Think of a music remaster. You don't re-record anything in a remaster, you just go back to the original tapes and try to get a better result by using newer technology.

StarPhlox

It's clearly a remake from the trailer alone. I couldn't be more excited for this game. Great use of resources and too bad that the same treatment is unlikely for ICO.

You don't understand these terms. A remaster takes the original assets and reworks them. If you create new assets then it's not a remaster.

Think of a music remaster. You don't re-record anything in a remaster, you just go back to the original tapes and try to get a better result by using newer technology.

Yes I don't understand anything. You do, praise you.

mas8705

Would have been nice if that was clarified sooner... In a sense, everyone is thinking that this is either a remaster or a remaster, or just a port over the PS3 with "prettier graphics." It would have been nice had the clarification was there rather than everyone taking potshots as to what this was.

As for remake/remastered, part of me wonders if it really will just be the barebones and to not add in anything else new to it (which is probably what we're going to get). Either way though, I'm still excited for it and can't wait to play it.

Remake, Remaster ... I don't care as I love this game and will buy it - like Resident Evil 4 - for every console it releases on.
Oh, and Amazon.de put it online with a "standard edition". Seems there will be a CE/LE for this game.

That would be great, would totally buy a collector's edition for this just like TLG.

I'm really interested to see if they decide to try and bring some of the cut content back into the game? I know it'd betray the original, but we already have an HD remake of that that's pretty good so for the remaster I would love to see some new stuff, especially since we're getting new controls anyway.

Top Bottom