• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIEE fills a bunch of new trademarks ahead of conference (Shadow Of Colossus included

What would you rather see? Knack 2?

I didn't realise I was limited to a choice between SotC Remake and Knack 2.

The original is a classic. I see no need for it to be remade. It's like when Robocop or Total Recall got remakes, and you think to yourself... why?

If it's just a remaster of the game for the PS4 though, then that's cool.

jayu26

If they do a SotC remaster after their "such a small number of people use BC" excuse, I'll laugh. A lot.
It's kind of my point. If people don't want to replay old games, they wouldn't bother with remasters.
Stop right there bucko! The context of Jim's quote was specifically about graphics of older GT games. The purpose of remastering is to update the graphics to a more modern standard. Nothing he said would actually contradict what a remastered or remake SotC is suppose to be about.

Although personally I would rather have SotC 2.

tLF4AhT.gif

usp84

OMG Shadow of the Collosus with today's graphics!!!Mind blown if true nothing else will come close to the awesomeness of this!!!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
better not touch the 30fps in the emulation settings(although i doubt they can). The cinematography depends on the game being 30fps along with the motion blur..it helps the feeling of the colossus being these big lumbering slow beats.

jayu26

If you want multiplayer in SotC you don't want SotC...

Expect four player co-op was the original pitch of the game.

better not touch the 30fps in the emulation settings(although i doubt they can). The cinematography depends on the game being 30fps along with the motion blur..it helps the feeling of the colossus being these big lumbering slow beats.

My guess is Bluepoint is doing it and I would trust them to make the right decision.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Guys Ueda doesn't work for Sony anymore

SOTC 2 is impossible

Yeah and he still says he wants to continue with Sony and him and Shu are long time collaborators. Sony has even said they want to keep working with him and let's be honest, what other company would you expect to support a game like The Last Guardian as long as it did?

muteki

Not terribly excited at the prospect of a SotC remaster. The PS3 one wasn't that long ago.

Maybe if they added in some of those cut Colossi that could be cool.

Sony will do whatever costs Sony the least money.

Anyone knows how they can remake SOTC for less than a port, tell Sony NOW!!!!!!

Boke1879

Blue point DID say they were working on remaking a classic for current gen. The original game was supposed to have MP.

I don't see why people are down on a remake if it literally improves everything and potentially adds MP.

HStallion

Expect four player co-op was the original pitch of the game.

My guess is Bluepoint is doing it and I would trust them to make the right decision.

Well, IIRC that was the original idea for the game. Maybe there will be a new mode for that?

Yeah and the idea was dropped very early into development and the final game isn't designed around the idea at all.

ICO_SotC

I was just thinking how this is a weird E3 for me becuase it's the first one in years where I haven't been anticipating Ueda related news.

*cautiously excited*

A remake including the 20-24 Colossi that game supposedly initially planned to have would be amazing.

HStallion

They can always revisit the idea. The tech is finally there to attempt something like this.

They would have to redesign the entire game for it to work. It would basically be a different game at that point.

eso76

Ok so i heard this thing about "that's you" before but I can't remember where.
That was definitely leaked a few days ago.
Or was it announced rather than leaked ?

Goldrusher

Could this be like God of War?

So an actual sequel / new game, just not numbered?

Different protagonist, different colossi...

Tagyhag

Would totally play it again, hopefully they do more enhancements than just bringing the PS3 version at a higher resolution.

KoopaTheCasual

I'd take a VR version of SotC.
If anything this would be the most they'd be willing to do with SotC.

Wasn't PSVR (back when it was called Morpheus) doing presentations that talked about how VR would make experiences like SotC even more impactful?

Maybe they kept tinkering with that idea and want to release a VR "Episode" of SOTC for free on PSN Store.

Ridley327

Could this be like God of War?

So an actual sequel / new game, just not numbered?

Different protagonist, different colossi...

It would be about the most random thing to try to franchise. It wouldn't even make sense, given that the colossi were specific to Dormin's form and that whole thing is resolved by the end of the game.

Top Bottom