• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIEE fills a bunch of new trademarks ahead of conference (Shadow Of Colossus included

Shadow of the Colossus is my kool aid.

No music has ever come close to matching the atmosphere and mystery. Nothing has ever come close to the bleakness and beauty.

So many PS4 gamers never experienced it, and a full out remake would put it in the hands of many. It just absolutely deserves to be in the minds of everyone and deserves to be praised as top 10 GOAT.

I am so excited to see something of Team ICO's again, and I hope it allows them to continue working on a new game themselves.

Ridley327

I won't lie: I would need a hell of a lot more from a SotC remake than better graphics. A lot of the awe in that game came from the actual encounter design, and I feel like that for those who have played it often enough, I have my doubts that making it look nicer is going to make those fights feel like the first time all over again.

Hexa

It would be about the most random thing to try to franchise. It wouldn't even make sense, given that the colossi were specific to Dormin's form and that whole thing is resolved by the end of the game.

Go the Zelda route with somewhat related but pretty much completely different worlds.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
SoTC on my PS4... The very thought gives me goosebumps.

Then I could replay it and see how it stands up next to The Last Guardian.

DeaDPo0L84

Oh great, now I'm gonna be on edge the whole conference about the 1% chance of a Socom announcement.

If they announce a remaster of S1/2 with updated servers or a proper Socom sequel I would be beyond happy. One of the most requested games on the ps2 list and the game that made playstation online relevant and would still kick ass till this day.

TheGhostSix

Neo Member
Remember this?

Developer Bluepoint Games has confirmed that it’s chiseling away on a new remake project, according to a job listing on its official website.

The studio, who is perhaps best known to PlayStation gamers as the company responsible for the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Gravity Rush Remastered, emphasised that the title is being aimed to ‘please the masses,’ suggesting the project will be a much-loved IP. While the PS4 was not mentioned in the job ad, it’s worth mentioning that seven of Bluepoint’s nine projects have been PS-exclusive releases.

Who knows. Year of Dreams 3?

ScOULaris

On one hand, a full-scale remake seems unlikely.

On the other hand, a PS2 Classics release on PS4 would be pointless considering the fact that it'd be a downgrade from the PS3 remastered collection.

I don't know what to believe.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Best thing about SOTC PS2 on PS4 announcement will be that they will be retaining the PS2's US version grip factor, not the messed up grip in the PS3 remaster

On one hand, a full-scale remake seems unlikely.

On the other hand, a PS2 Classics release on PS4 would be pointless considering the fact that it'd be a downgrade from the PS3 remastered collection.

I don't know what to believe.

No it would not? It would be higher than 720p which the SOTC is, and it would have the better grip factor

DemonNite

maybe this for real?

BjDXk0eCYAA53fQ.jpg

Kuni

A Shadow remake?!?!

I've never even considered such a notion! Shadow is one of my top games of all time... I have many conflicting emotions. My god... I can't even...

The Pope

I'd rather the creator of such a unique heartfelt one of a kind game be apart of developing a sequel.

Well he wasn't the sole creator - as much as he would like you to believe. Also Ueda is more talk than action - his reputation as a development partner is less than stellar.

ScOULaris

No it would not? It would be higher than 720p which the SOTC is, and it would have the better grip factor

PS2 Classics on PS4 are emulations rendered at 720p and then upscaled to your TV's resolution. The PS3 remaster rendered at a resolution less than 1080p but higher than 720p, and it had a much better framerate than the PS2 original along with some other enhancements.

The grip issue I'll give you, but in every other regard an emulated PS2 release would be inferior to the PS3 remaster.

BigAl1992

It's either going to be one of two things;

1. This is just SIEE updating their trademark (Although I don't know how how updating Trademarks work in the US, so I could be wrong),
  2. It's real and a remaster/remake or (dare I say it) a possible Sequel would be on the horizon.

CAVEAT: If it's the latter, this could be in pre-production or early production and we may not see it this year at least. But I'll watch on with anticipated breath.

wmlk

Because they're listed as working on a remake project.

What I'm suggesting is something that's more than a remaster, but for sure not a remake like people are expecting with something like FFVII where it's from the ground up.

EDIT: A VR "remake" makes sense here.

bender

What time is it?
Seems like a really odd choice for a remaster but I'm not going to complain if it happens. It's one of my favorite games of all time and easily the best game in the "trilogy".

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow > Guardian

See this is it, I'm not sure. SoTC is one of my favourite games of all time, in my memory it's damn near perfect, but that could largely be down to nostalgia.

I know for a fact TLG is phenomenal though, as I just played it recently.

I'd love to find out the answer for myself.

Top Bottom