• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siglemic live streams his attempt of breaking SM64 WR [NEW WORLD RECORD 1:47:10'9]

Zeppelin

Nice to see that he's back on (does he ever sleep?!), I'll probably watch this on and off today as well.

Also, I love the fact that he doesn't really use that many exploits, at least from what I have seen. It just looks like he's playing the game the way it was intended to be played (relatively speaking) but is just very good at it.

totowhoa

Banned
Nice to see that he's back on (does he ever sleep?!), I'll probably watch this on and off today as well.

Also, I love the fact that he doesn't really use that many exploits, at least from what I have seen. It just looks like he's playing the game the way it was intended to be played (relatively speaking) but is just very good at it.

Yeah that's why I love it. Very few exploits used, and most of them are minor (like defeating the whomp). Insane platforming 98% of the time is all that's done

Chinner

Banned
he's changed his technique. he's just drop grabbing now instead of kicking himself in. he seems to be more successful now once he's at the top, but still struggling when trying to jump up.

Jokab

he's changed his technique. he's just drop grabbing now instead of kicking himself in. he seems to be more successful now once he's at the top, but still struggling when trying to jump up.
Yeah he makes the jump into the hole 95% of the time now, instead he's struggling a bit with the triple jump wall kick.

gunbo13

Yea, he made the grab change last night and it looked way more reliable. The only odd choice is if he goes with an alternate way to get a star at Tick Tock Clock based on what a user said. The user claimed method B, with more of a ground triple to wall jump was faster then method A, a series of wall jumps. Sig was curious so captured both footage. But the way he captured wasn't very accurate since he was repositioning himself. Regardless, his findings was around a ~20 frame advantage to what the user was saying. So you then watched him practice that method failing a ton compared to the former...

He appears to be a best way or broke player. That typically means the user will have the most godly run ever or simply won't. I approve the method but there is no middle ground leading to a lot of spectators watching all the fails.

I have no idea what is going on. Was he stuck on this level?

He's practicing a particularly troublesome jump in one of the very late levels in the run. It sucks to fuck it up over an hour in and have to reset.

That said, there are a few guys who consistently broadcast their speedruns of old games on JTV. Cosmo's stream is my personal favorite. I've watched it every time he's reclaimed the Ocarina of Time MST record. Awesome every time.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
he said earlier that he intends to play 6-7 hours a-day after christmas until he gets it if he doesn't do it today.

I'm having a hard time dealing with it.

Top Bottom