• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition Demonstration Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
What is Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition?

Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition is a collection of enhancement packages that add various visual, audio, and bug improvements for the PC version of the game. Notable examples of what the enhancements improve on is the use of a widescreen camera in the game; higher display resolutions; removal of prominent audio bugs; PlayStation 2 quality audio and fog; better controller support; and much more. The use of these enhancement packages, made by a collaborative team of wonderful modders and programmers, makes for a definitive Silent Hill 2 HD experience.

http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Konami should take a hint and do it themselves. It has obviously made their efforts look incredibly piss poor when fans are showing them up. They took the person who redid PT and gave him an internship? They need to open up the newspaper and read the headlines.

It's wonderful news to hear that fans are doing this. I just wish it was official.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

I've never fully played through SH2. Played through some of the early parts, but never the full thing. This might give me the chance to do it.

All the improvements look amazing. Definitely gonna play through with these mods next time I load up SH2.

I think I'll always love the look of retro games on a CRT monitor the most but this is great to have as well.

nkarafo

That's great but requires too much tinkering, plus troubleshooting for whatever might not work. From the title i was expecting something different. I'll stick to PS2 emulated version for the time being.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Was a fan work?

Yes i see that. fans always doing excellent work, like the Twilight princess HD, More than Nintendo can do.

My respects to this people

Last edited:
So, I downloaded Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams from an abandonware site. ...it also lists an Official Patch, a no cd patch (the game was on 2 discs right?), and a "modern systems fix" patch.

Three questions:
1. Is this the correct version of the game?
2. Do I need to install the "official patch" before I install the "enhanced edition" mod?
3. Will running the "no cd" patch affect the mod?

You guys might want to update the site to mention whether or not the "official patch" should be included. I can link to the abandoneware site that I used, but I'm not sure if that is against the terms of service or not... it's very easy to find though using google.

Might give the game a run using the mod. Might even make a YouTube walkthrough if I catch time and link back to the mod's site.

Golmo

Neo Member
So sad that Silent Hill is stuck with Konami.

Capcom would have already developed a very nice remake.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why can't I buy this digitally?

Konami. That's why.

They never sold a digital version, and the game was not really designed to run on new hardware. That is why those who already purchased the HD collection or the game physical, tend to acquire it digitally and thus the patch community was born to fix all those issues on new hardware.

Ratio

Neo Member
So, I downloaded Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams from an abandonware site. ...it also lists an Official Patch, a no cd patch (the game was on 2 discs right?), and a "modern systems fix" patch.

Three questions:
1. Is this the correct version of the game?
2. Do I need to install the "official patch" before I install the "enhanced edition" mod?
3. Will running the "no cd" patch affect the mod?

You guys might want to update the site to mention whether or not the "official patch" should be included. I can link to the abandoneware site that I used, but I'm not sure if that is against the terms of service or not... it's very easy to find though using google.

Might give the game a run using the mod. Might even make a YouTube walkthrough if I catch time and link back to the mod's site.

Just follow the installation guide; you will not install the "official" patch from Konami and the installation guide will already include methods to help launch the game without having to put your disc in every time.

1. Both the North American and European versions of the game are compatible to use with the Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition fix packages.
2. No, you do not.
3. It depends on what a person modified in your "No CD" executable. We cannot guarantee compatibility with all hacked executables. You should follow the installation guide and use its executable, instead.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just follow the installation guide; you will not install the "official" patch from Konami and the installation guide will already include methods to help launch the game without having to put your disc in every time.

1. Both the North American and European versions of the game are compatible to use with the Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition fix packages.
2. No, you do not.
3. It depends on what a person modified in your "No CD" executable. We cannot guarantee compatibility with all hacked executables. You should follow the installation guide and use its executable, instead.

Thank you for this.

I really want to play through Silent Hill 4 again. Is there an easy way to play it? I have a Ps4, Mac computer, Ps3, and Xbox One X.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Seems as if these fans really put thought into many of those "fixes". Not always the case with these fan patches.
Guess that'll be another playtrough then ... . Can't go wrong with the goat survival horror game.

Without googling much, does the patch increase the hardware requirements? I'm having a really old computer. It is able to run the original version of SH2, not sure about the enhanced fan patch version?

Last edited:
I ended up buying it on Ps3 after i got a PSN card from play-asia. I would have rather played a version that was upgraded graphically.

GenericUser

The people who implemented all these enhancements to the base silent hill 2 game deserve so much credit. It's an incredible game and thanks to their passionate work, new generations of gamers can experience this masterpiece of a game. I just recently played the game with this mod and it's amazing. More often then not, mods or enhancement patches alter the look and feel of a game too much, but this mod is very very faithful to the original game. I highly recommend it.

stranno

That-retro-tracker made another "Super HD Enhanced" version a few days ago.

Lol, so many SH2 enhanced packs.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Ive watched people stream this version of SH2 and it’s amazing. If you can follow the instructions on how to set it up (it’s a but tricky i hear), it’s worth it.

(Or just wait for the Dreams version)

Maybe Konami knows somethign we dont but how do they not see they would be swimming in money if they did a remake of SH2 and MGS1. Just get those BluePoint guys to do it.

Top Bottom