• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition Demonstration Trailer.

dolabla

So this is the definitive way to play Silent Hill 2 now? Also, I noticed on the install instructions it says "When selecting a path to install the game, it is recommended to choose a local user directory". Can I not install the game and the mod on my external HDD? Does it have to be on the c:\users drive?

So this is the definitive way to play Silent Hill 2 now? Also, I noticed on the install instructions it says "When selecting a path to install the game, it is recommended to choose a local user directory". Can I not install the game and the mod on my external HDD? Does it have to be on the c:\users drive?
Remake is coming…..

iu

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
God bless them, going through and fixing shit like this is infuriating enough when you have access to the source code and native build pipelines, having to break the game apart in order to put it back together and fix someone else's mess is something else. Kudos!

nkarafo

I modded the game with this and i didn't have it on C.

This is the definitive way to play SH2, yes.

Soodanim

Gotcha. Thanks. I'll just install the game and mod to my external drive.
What they mean by local user drive is not in the default in C:\Program Files, as you can run into problems in modern versions of Windows because of the security updates over the years.

That applies not just to SH2, but to all games. Even with Steam. The first thing I do on a new system is create a Games folder in the root of the drive (e.g. C:\Games) and point Steam and anything else at it. Even better if it's on a different drive entirely, but that depends on your system.

The added bonus is that it helps keep all of your games in one place, allowing for easier management.

dolabla

Got it installed and am currently playing. This mod is amazing, looks amazing and was definitely done with care. It still boggles my mind how these modders do a better job than the actual developers.

I installed the 3rd one too with the steam006 mod and while not as in depth as the Enhanced mod, it looks to be done well from the little I played.

Roni

Gold Member
Local User Directory usually means don't place it on C: or /, since that's a protected folder that requires elevation for execution. So, yeah, you can place it on your external hard drive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom