• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theytookourjobz

I realized something recently, and it's why I feel like I've recognized TJ Miller much more than I actually do, since I've seen him in almost nothing. He has virtually the same voice and vocal patterns as Jason Lee.

Yeah, I noticed that in that dumb She's Out of My League movie he was in.

Silicon Valley is pretty much nerd Entourage. It's pretty shallow and silly but it's fun to watch. Neither is among my favorite HBO offerings though.

magnifico

Living in SV I think makes the show much funnier. If you haven't lived here or been around the tech industry for long I could see the satire going over many people's heads. It's pretty accurate.

Zacxx201

Banned
I watched the first two episodes of Veep and couldn't stand it. Silicon Valley has me constantly laughing. Different strokes I guess.

Last episode was pretty good. Finally making Elrich a bit more manageable, but I still don't like him that much. He was considerably funnier this episode though. The rest of the cast, gold as usual.

Been waiting for Elrich to show his worth. Last episode he pulled through but I still don't trust him 100%. I feel like I should, but i'm gonna need a little more convincing.

Deku Tree

Only a few episodes in and I already feel like the writers are out of ideas,
I get the jokes, but it just seems like a lot of recycled over used nerd humor,
seems like a B or C quality HBO show like say one notch below "Hung".

Living in SV I think makes the show much funnier. If you haven't lived here or been around the tech industry for long I could see the satire going over many people's heads. It's pretty accurate.

I think this might be true. The show's got me laughing out loud a lot and seems pretty on point with much of its humor.

It's not as LOL funny as Veep, but pretty damn good.

VoxPop

The show isn't terrible considering I never liked Mike Judge but it could be better. It's still in its infancy so I'll wait for mid season 2 to decide whether to keep watching or not.

New episode tonight:
Signaling Risk

Erlich convinces a graffiti artist to create Pied Piper's logo; Jared works to make the company more efficient; Richard learns that he has eight weeks to prepare for a live demonstration.

Blackhead

Redarse
"I paid $20 million for this technology..."

Old school joke but this was the first segment that had me burst out laughing :|

Big Head is great character

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
When they opened the garage door...

2Z6bvmg.png

"I paid $20 million for this technology..."

Old school joke but this was the first segment that had me burst out laughing :|

Big Head is great character
"Fuck you, the audio is working!
Audio worked 100 years ago"
Holy shit that entire sequence had me in tears.

Helmholtz

Damn, sucks that Peter Gregory is gone after this episode already. He's actually my favourite character, I've found most of his scenes to be pretty hilarious. His mannerisms are great. A real shame that the actor died so young, and mid production at that.
Other than that the episode was okay but not as good as some of the previous.

Blackhead

Redarse
"Fuck you, the audio is working!
Audio worked 100 years ago"
Holy shit that entire sequence had me in tears.

Haha, I didn't want to quote it directly earlier so as not to spoil anyone but it was hilarious. Classic tech joke set-up but the execution was brilliant.

The software development methodology but also had me in stitches. I didn't find the murals funny though.

Really funny episode. What was that intro song! Also what was the ending song! Links people!

edit: this episode imo was the first really perfect version of this show.

Mashing

The best thing about the hologram tech failing to work was the default error sound that Windows uses out of the box. For some reason I lost it when that happened (that whole scene was amazing though).

puebla

Between the hologram, Peter and Gavin awkard convo, and the mural, this was the funniest episode yet.

puebla

Damn, sucks that Peter Gregory is gone after this episode already. He's actually my favourite character, I've found most of his scenes to be pretty hilarious. His mannerisms are great. A real shame that the actor died so young, and mid production at that.
Other than that the episode was okay but not as good as some of the previous.
Holy shit, that is very sad. I didn't know he passed.

demolitio

Tonight's episode was a lot better. Decent humor and satire while I didn't get tired of the main character right away.

I wonder how they'll handle it now with Gregory gone. Sucks since he was the best surprise character of the show for me. I wonder how they'll handle his assistant's storyline now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom