• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Judge interview with GQ. Mostly talking about Silicon Valley:

- Mike Judge: 'Silicon Valley's billionaires were bullied at school'
Mike Judge is the master of unconventional American comedies. From his subversive hit Beavis and Butthead, which heavily influenced South Park, to the cult-classic Office Space, which encapsulated the psychological terror of modern day workplaces, his creations defy the usual US comedy tropes.

His latest project, Silicon Valley, is from a similarly unconventional mould. The programme follows a group of computer programmers in their haphazard attempts to turn a compression algorithm into a billion dollar company: it's not your usual sitcom set-up. GQ spoke to the programme's co-creator Mike Judge about what he actually thinks of the all-powerful nerds from Silicon Valley.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
So, I heard the guy who plays the Bill Gates type character who backs the main characters on the show with his money passed away in real life? :(

What are they gonna do with that, recast or have him be an off-screen character now?

So, I heard the guy who plays the Bill Gates type character who backs the main characters on the show with his money passed away in real life? :(

What are they gonna do with that, recast or have him be an off-screen character now?

They already dealt with his absence during the last few episodes of the first season very smoothly so I am not too worried. I'm just wondering if they are going to write him out of the show or continue to have him be an off-screen presence as you said.

Sdkkds

Neo Member

He is based on Peter Thiel, or so i have heard, and sadly he did die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom