• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how he throws the bike over the hedges afterwards. That segment really is gold.
i7xzOZg.gif

Grinchy

Banned
I just finished episode 4 of the first season in my re-watch and damn this show is hilarious. I do think it might be better the second time through. It took me a while to warm up to the characters the first time. The chubby guy especially.

Kyuur

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't really enjoy the 'brought piss to a shit fight' scene. One of the weaker comedic bits in the first season for me.

Erlich is most funny when interacting with the other main cast members. His jokes and personality don't really do much for me outside of that.

- Deadline: Suzanne Cryer Joins HBO Comedy ‘Silicon Valley’ As New Regular
Two Guys And A Girl alumna Suzanne Cryer has been added to the cast of Mike Judge’s HBO comedy Silicon Valley as a new regular.

On the second season of the Emmy-nominated series, a comic look at the modern-day high-tech gold rush, Cryer will play Laurie Bream, a managing partner at Raviga Capital. She replaces Rebecca Creskoff, who was originally was cast in the role in October. Cryer joins the returning Silicon Valley regular cast of Thomas Middleditch, T.J. Miller, Zach Woods, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr, Amanda Crew, Josh Brener, Matt Ross and Jimmy Ouyang.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Still saddened by Chris Evan Welch's passing.

Watching his last episode he looked terrible.

fuck, he died?? damn
just checked...cancer. goddamn I thought he looked kinda...weak, if you know what i'm saying, but I would never have expected he was so ill

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this show really found it's stride pretty quickly I thought. Really hyped for season 2. More mike judge in our lives is always good.

My friend recommended this show to me. He said Gabe from The Office is hilarious in this. I just got an offer from Verizon for a year of HBO for $5 a month, so it's tempting.

kris.

Banned
My friend recommended this show to me. He said Gabe from The Office is hilarious in this. I just got an offer from Verizon for a year of HBO for $5 a month, so it's tempting.

Do it. Second best comedy of late, first being Rick and Morty. But don't just do it for Silicon Valley. HBOGO is amazing.

Just finished binging the season. First let me just say that I fucking love this show and it has skyrocketed near the top of my list for best TV of the year.

Now let me get to the most important matter: did I just witness the greatest dick joke in the history of Mankind?

ReAxion

Just finished binging the season. First let me just say that I fucking love this show and it has skyrocketed near the top of my list for best TV of the year.

Now let me get to the most important matter: did I just witness the greatest dick joke in the history of Mankind?

You're goddamn right you did.

when that scene first aired I just about died of laughter.

Did they get rid of his little buddy that went to work for the competition?
Big Head? I don't think so (read: I hope not). He's probably just not part of the "main group" anymore. I can't imagine that they'd throw away a good way to show the crazy inner-workings of Hooli.

Yeah, I'm kinda bummed about Creskoff bowing out. She would've been fun playing off the rest of the cast. Hopefully Susan Cryer does well in the role.

An Onion A|V club interview from a while back:

- Martin Starr on Amira & Sam, Freaks And Geeks, odd birds, and a whole lot of fun
Silicon Valley (2014-present)—“Gilfoyle”

MS: I feel so fortunate to be a part of this show for so many reasons. Besides working with one of my heroes, Mike Judge, I also found a new appreciation for someone who is an equal for him: Alec Berg. I knew and loved Seinfeld, for sure, but I happen to really not like Curb Your Enthusiasm. The nature of that show is uncomfortable humor that really unsettles you as an audience member, and that wasn’t—I just didn’t fall for that character and that kind of gimmick. Maybe “gimmick” is a demeaning word to use for that, but that tactic of unsettling the audience member by creating the most uncomfortable situations in an attempt at a real-life scenario, I didn’t really enjoy. But meeting Alec—he is, I suppose, a bit socially awkward. [Laughs.] So, like, the first season was interesting, with all of us getting to know each other. By nature, actors are gregarious, outgoing people—or at least some part of them is—in order to adapt and create characters and stories and be malleable in new roles. So we tend to still be socially awkward, but we’re perhaps a bit better at dealing with social situations. But Alec certainly was awkward.

Between the first season and working on the second season now, though, I really had an opportunity to get to know everyone on the show, and I think we have such a strong group of comedic voices and talented people on every side. It’s really a lovely experience, and it feels like a family. We went to the Golden Globes and the HBO after-party, and it was so fun. We didn’t win, but that was never what it was about for us. It was about this celebration. It was just fun. And I feel so fortunate to be able to celebrate with these people the success of this show.

AVC: You guys were effectively winners when you delivered the most elaborate dick joke in TV history.

MS: [Laughs.] Yeah, I have no qualms about not walking away with a statue of the Earth on a wooden platform, or whatever their trophy is. I absolutely felt like a winner from day one, getting into our first season, after the pilot, and watching the show evolve from there. I really think it only gets better in the second season. So it’s very cool to take a little mid-season break in the middle of shooting and enjoy the way that it’s being received. I haven’t really gotten to experience this yet on a show, to be proud of something as it’s happening and have it be as welcomed by critics and audiences alike. And by the network! I feel like I’ve worked on a couple of very good shows—Party Down and Freaks And Geeks—and at the time, neither of them were—there was always a piece or two missing in the puzzle of acceptance and finding an audience. And this is interesting, to be on this side, with a show that’s actually successful. [Laughs.] It’s just not something I’ve experienced yet!

It’s funny that I’ve been doing it for, God, 15 years or so. Or longer, if you count all the commercials and things. Why, it’s got to be getting up on 45 or 50 years! [Laughs.] But to be able to experience this is really fun. And I feel like it makes it a lot easier to enjoy the ride, to understand what its value is and not overvalue it because of the experiences I’ve had before, but also to not take anything for granted, particularly not the luxury of going through this and experiencing success with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom