• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera Rumor Street Fighter V Will Include Alex And Urien From Street Fighter III

Status
Not open for further replies.
tlnZhVE.jpg

Skilletor

they are both in the "leaked list" arent they?

Yeah, but they're such no-brainers. Alex is the main character of 3s in a game that's a prequel/sequel to 3s, and Urien was obviously going to be in because Charlie looks like he's tied to the Illuminati.

I don't make lists, but those two were already confirmed in my mind.

You mean this one?

Ryu
Chun Li
Nash
Alex
Urien
Dudley
Elena
M. Bison (dictator)
Hugo
Poison
Abel
C. Viper
Kuan (New character)
Sherry (New character)
Akuma (Day 1 DLC character)

Kelsdesu

Id like to think elena got better in sf4 and sfxt :p

She has more "combos", but her dash is slower, and her throw isn't as fast. Maybe its do to it having to animate. Makoto was sus too. Ibuki was always "chainy" so her transition was okay.

SF3 Elena is a joke compared to SFxT/SF4 Elena. SF3 Elena is terrible in all 3 versions

Having good lows so she can have the high/low mixup she deserves helps so much

pizzacat

Banned
Nash has a jewel in his forehead now like Urien used to have...

Parts of his skin look stapled on (like the bit around the forehead jewel his right hand...) Neither of which match Charlie's skin color, but are pretty close to Urien's...
The gem is obviously from SFxT

Yaqoub

If Urien makes it back I hope his shoulder charge corner juggles make it too. That was the most fun thing to do with him execution wise.

Oh, and that God tier aegis reflector unblockable setup :D

Fandangox

You aren't wrong

Maybe the new KOF being worked on will feature ROCK and make him good too

Didn't the KoF staff said something about not having Rock in the mainline games out of respect to the Fatal Fury creators? That said he was on Maximum Impact so who knows if that statement was true, and if so to what extend.

Where does SFV take place?

I've kind of pegged 1996 which is 2 years before 2nd Impact.

Birdie coming back around right as Shadaloo is on its last legs to stick it to Bison & friends after 7 years seems legit enough for me.

Bison's gray hair is just his latest clone going through some complication with that process or simply a side effect of overuse of the Psycho Power.

We do know that Abel was talking about Charlie and given where Abel's been is that Charlie could've been held up in Shadaloo that whole time after Alpha 3 and used the Seth commotion to make an escape when the lab blew.

If anything, Charlie's another experiment for the Illuminati to have bodies on deck for Gill & Urien which would explain the gem in his head. It may also be possible that Urien's responsible for Charlie and this being a lead in to what ultimately produced Necro & Twelve.

If this game does take place in 1996 then why not Tom instead of Alex? They need to introduce the character for real at some point and this is a prime opportunity to because there isn't much time between this possibility and 2nd Impact.

If the game takes place after Chun-Li & Alex beat Urien & Gill respectively then that's something else.

Then the plot becomes simply that Gill still wants Alex to join the Illuminati at his side and even though Urien ironically got what he wished for is that still wanting to kill Gill and experiment on stuff is what's on his plate at the moment.

Bison with the gray hair assist could be smelling blood in the water after Gill's defeat and this being his last chance to make a bid for power against the Illuminati.

Or it could be the no duh answer of if they are in the game then they're just there to fill the roster out and nothing they do has any effect on canon what so ever.

Without more actual concrete information this is just based on what we actually know.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I thought we all agreed that Urien is dead and what was left of him was grafted onto Charlie/Nash...

I know people already answered your question but I would like to have a source on where we would agreed with that.

This is also not confirmed.

Yes, but leaker is right on many accounts tho. *shrugs*

As in not coming back as playable? Most likely.

Plot wise? Aren't there a bunch of back up Seths for Bison's personal use?

I thought all backup seths were destroyed in the ending.

Skab

Nash has a jewel in his forehead now like Urien used to have...

Parts of his skin look stapled on (like the bit around the forehead jewel his right hand...) Neither of which match Charlie's skin color, but are pretty close to Urien's...

Skin colors don't match, and the gem is not unique to Urien.

Much more likely that the Illuminati grabbed his parts, resurrected him, and sent him after Bison. (It's already been said that he is driven by vengeance.)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
GET READY, TO DIE!

That's all i remember of Urien besides him wearing underwear. Alex is meh, i guess we wont have Guile back.

I just want to see Sakura with a semi different move set based on refining of her own abilities. If its right before SF3, like 6 months to a year, she should still be old enough to be at her job, she's been 16 forever at this point

Skilletor

GET READY, TO DIE!

That's all i remember of Urien besides him wearing underwear. Alex is meh, i guess we wont have Guile back.

I just want to see Sakura with a semi different move set based on refining of her own abilities. If its right before SF3, like 6 months to a year, she should still be old enough to be at her job, she's been 16 forever at this point

What doe these two things have to do with one another?

It would be exceedingly shitty to bring back Charlie and not have Guile in the game. I'd say that they've changed Charlie so much as to make him a motion character, their commitment to no clones, and a new focus on story would all mean Guile returning.

Pompadour

Where does SFV take place?

I've kind of pegged 1996 which is 2 years before 2nd Impact.

Birdie coming back around right as Shadaloo is on its last legs to stick it to Bison & friends after 7 years seems legit enough for me.

Bison's gray hair is just his latest clone going through some complication with that process or simply a side effect of overuse of the Psycho Power.

We do know that Abel was talking about Charlie and given where Abel's been is that Charlie could've been held up in Shadaloo that whole time after Alpha 3 and used the Seth commotion to make an escape when the lab blew.

If anything, Charlie's another experiment for the Illuminati to have bodies on deck for Gill & Urien which would explain the gem in his head. It may also be possible that Urien's responsible for Charlie and this being a lead in to what ultimately produced Necro & Twelve.

If this game does take place in 1996 then why not Tom instead of Alex? They need to introduce the character for real at some point and this is a prime opportunity to because there isn't much time between this possibility and 2nd Impact.

If the game takes place after Chun-Li & Alex beat Urien & Gill respectively then that's something else.

Then the plot becomes simply that Gill still wants Alex to join the Illuminati at his side and even though Urien ironically got what he wished for is that still wanting to kill Gill and experiment on stuff is what's on his plate at the moment.

Bison with the gray hair assist could be smelling blood in the water after Gill's defeat and this being his last chance to make a bid for power against the Illuminati.

Or it could be the no duh answer of if they are in the game then they're just there to fill the roster out and nothing they do has any effect on canon what so ever.

Without more actual concrete information this is just based on what we actually know.

I think they kind of abandoned these games taking place in a set timeline and more like a floating timeline, like most superhero comics. Of course, I can't say that for sure because the only anachronistic thing I can think of is Viper's cell phone. But Viper is a secret agent with Bond gadgets.

Also, why would the guy from Alex's ending be a playable character? Has he done anything of merit aside from look like Jean Reno?

Tizoc

I think they kind of abandoned these games taking place in a set timeline and more like a floating timeline, like most superhero comics. Of course, I can't say that for sure because the only anachronistic thing I can think of is Viper's cell phone. But Viper is a secret agent with Bond gadgets.

Also, why would the guy from Alex's ending be a playable character? Has he done anything of merit aside from look like Jean Reno?

IIRC he fought against Gill.

I need context on this @_@

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What doe these two things have to do with one another?

It would be exceedingly shitty to bring back Charlie and not have Guile in the game. I'd say that they've changed Charlie so much as to make him a motion character, their commitment to no clones, and a new focus on story would all mean Guile returning.

Yeah, i say the same about Sakura in regards to any possible Karin reveal, as well as Ryu actually. But that doesn't really say much about whether they are actually returning or not, just that it would make less sense if they didn't.

No. Capcom's scared of anything after 1999 and Street Fighter canon.

If I wasn't fully about given times and dates then Simpsons' Time would work just fine. It does in theory give the time and place of the story to be whatever you need it to be without dating the story and me having to remember times and dates when I need to reference them.

IIRC he fought against Gill.

Fight Gill is giving credit. Tom got dogwalked by Gill. To Tom's credit from my understanding is that he was a beast in his own right until he faced Gill.

I just personally want to know more about him.

Gameplay wise, he's a blank slate. Capcom could do anything they wanted with him.

In other news, Birdie gives me hope that Capcom might do something with Sodom down the line.

Skilletor

How on earth can someone hate on Urien, HAVE YOU SEEN TITANFA..err i mean his Gameplay?

It sad when people keep begging for Shotos and schoolgirls instead of the Real hype.

It's sad when people beg for characters they like over ones they don't.

And who cares what his 3s gameplay looks like, that's not what he'll play like in SF5.

I like Urien, but don't think unblockable shit is hype.

Omega

Banned
If Urien makes it back I hope his shoulder charge corner juggles make it too. That was the most fun thing to do with him execution wise.

Oh, and that God tier aegis reflector unblockable setup :D

ha. there's no way that makes it back.

I'll just be happy with Urien. Just please don't make him Dee Jay tier..

Shadoken

It's sad when people beg for characters they like over ones they don't.

And who cares what his 3s gameplay looks like, that's not what he'll play like in SF5.

I like Urien, but don't think unblockable shit is hype.

Clones ( not fully ofc) over an actual different character? . And they will base him off 3S to some extent , I mean otherwise nobody should have gotten hype for any Alpha/3S character. Coz they wont play the same. Also there were counters for those unblockable setups too.

Id rather have a roster filled with character like this rather than 4 slots on Ken/Akuma/Sakura/Dan. Though I still think Ken should be in , SF would just feel weird without him.

LakeEarth

Urien just can't have unblockables in a game without parries (and if they do, they'd have to make adjustments to account for that). That'd be ridiculous. If they give him Aegis, I think it'll be used the way 99% people on 3rd Strike Online use it, as a corner trap for a high/low mixup.

Skilletor

Clones ( not fully ofc) over an actual different character? . And they will base him off 3S to some extent , I mean otherwise nobody should have gotten hype for any Alpha/3S character. Coz they wont play the same. Also there were counters for those unblockable setups too.

People don't care if it's an "actual different character" if a they don't like the character being proposed. Sean is an "actual different character" even if he's wearing a gi like Ryu and Ken, but you're doing the same thing as those who dislike Urien. :p

Also, sure, there were counters. That's whatever. I just don't think unblockable setups are hype. 5 shoulders. Hype. Aegis into unblockable stuff. Meh.

Naked Lunch

Alex and Sean have been absent for too long.
2 of my favorite characters of any fighting game.

Alex was such a big step when SFIII first dropped because he was marketed as the main character. Finally a distance from the boring shotos. Alex had all the weapons to make a fool of traditional mediocre shoto players too. Hope hes back.

Shadoken

Urien just can't have unblockables in a game without parries (and if they do, they'd have to make adjustments to account for that). That'd be ridiculous. If they give him Aegis, I think it'll be used the way 99% people on 3rd Strike Online use it, as a corner trap for a high/low mixup.

I remember seeing a vid where it is actually possible to block many setups , but its pretty hard that you were better off parrying them (and get a better reward anyway)

they are both in the "leaked list" arent they?
Yup. I'm not sure what leaked list you're talking about, but they're on every one. Alex is no-brainier even without the figure stuff, and Charlie made everyone assume Urien would be in. They're right up there with Juri.

Anyway, I'd actually be fine with this roster:
Ryu
Chun
Nash
Bison
Cammy
Birdie
Alex
Urien
New Brazil person
New Africa (little vague lol) person
New India person
New person we don't know about
Sakura ('Dark', Akuma/Sakura hybrid)
Oro
Juri
Umm dunno, Ken? Blanka? Dhalsim? Viper? El Fuerte?

Shadoken

People don't care if it's an "actual different character" if a they don't like the character being proposed. Sean is an "actual different character" even if he's wearing a gi like Ryu and Ken, but you're doing the same thing as those who dislike Urien. :p

Also, sure, there were counters. That's whatever. I just don't think unblockable setups are hype. 5 shoulders. Hype. Aegis into unblockable stuff. Meh.

Never said anything about Sean though , hes cool :D . Maybe 1 more shoto is fine , but thats about it. I think that's what Capcom is planning on doing too. Sean might be Ken's substitute in this game. As they can mess around a lot more with his Gameplay and moves.

He had some pretty cool combos with his other super too , I think Aegis unblockable *might* just be in if they keep it as his V-trigger. If they make it so that setting up the unblockable is super hard.

Would also be hype to see others use V-skill to counter like Ryu's parry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom