• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera Rumor Street Fighter V Will Include Alex And Urien From Street Fighter III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this "leak" was true then?

f7f630d041b7a4be8903cf9f84b862f8.png

Just Q and Remy to go and i'll be happy :)

Nah, someone just photoshopped a SF4 character mod of Abel into a SFV screenshot and then cropped it, LOL.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
No one cares about minor stuff. We all have lives outside of the Internet. I'm here for entertainment and not an English class. Also phone users get auto correct incorrectly. It's happened to me.

You do realize that many people learning english as a second language read/post on sites like this to improve their English, right? I used to recommend it to my students all the time. And a lot of language learners are under the impression that native speakers know the difference between words like of and have, and automatically assume that everything native speakers post is correct. And I can't think of any situation where have autocorrects to of. I post on my phone all the time, but I always correct any autocorrect mistakes.

I can't believe you missed that sarcasm in that post.

Nor can I. Kicking myself now. That'll teach me for posting in between rounds of mk8 online.

Xater

Nah, someone just photoshopped a SF4 character mod of Abel into a SFV screenshot and then cropped it, LOL.

Yeah you can tell by how different the lighting on Chun Li is because it's an off screen picture. Also Chun would be huge in comparison to Alex if this was real.

You do realize that many people learning english as a second language read/post on sites like this to improve their English, right? I used to recommend it to my students all the time. And a lot of language learners are under the impression that native speakers know the difference between words like of and have, and automatically assume that everything native speakers post is correct. And I can't think of any situation where have autocorrects to of. I post on my phone all the time, but I always correct any autocorrect mistakes.

Nor can I. Kicking myself now. That'll teach me for posting in between rounds of mk8 online.

I'm sorry, but that is some terrible advice. You should tell them read books and news articles if you want to improve. Not some random forums lol

Recall

Leak from trusted source from months ago states the game is set after SF4 and before SF3. So far everything from the leak has been confirmed true.
And the current state of the game and its roster back up the idea it takes place before SF3.

By SF3 cannon Sean hadn't recieved hardly any training so if 5 is based before 3 then Sean would be even more useless so I guess he won't be in after all :(

Kouichi

I expected both, especially Alex. I'm really interested to see how they incorporate the V-system with Urien.

I hope they aren't the only two 3S characters and Sean manages to sneak in!

Alex being back means a remix of Jazzy NYC is inevitable. Good.
maybe he just meant dancing god
But she's always dancing, that's what she uses them for normally.

This sentence should probably have markers around 'have' and 'of' to better articulate your meaning here, without them it reads like gibberish. This is an inexcusable mistake, someone may have been confused by that sentence and now will never learn to properly speak English. I hope you're happy.

Edit: It should also be 'autocorrected'. I'm sorry, little non-American Johnny reading this thread. I care about you. :(

I'm sorry, but that is some terrible advice. You should tell them read books and news articles if you want to improve. Not some random forums lol
Seriously haha. All of their essays come in with titles like #BookReport and they get mad when he points out that 'lol' isn't a word. "But it was on GAF!"

"In American grammar, is the rule that emojis should come before or after the period at the end of a sentence?"

Neff

Nice to see my Alexbros in here.

Actually.. whats so good about Alex mechanically?

Fun blend of grappler and charge character. Has big gaping holes in his defence but they're fun to plug up and when he hits, he hits hard and he has the speed to make them count fast. He has surprisingly good control of the screen for a grappler too.

Recall

Has Eagle appeared in a mainline game? He was just in Alpha 3 Max right?

I guess I'm more intrigued by the possible new characters now just to see what gameplay mechanics we get. Like how we had El Feurte who was seemingly inspired by Ramon from KOF with his constantly running lucha style. What other fighter styles can we see next?

TheOGB

Banned
Okay, but tell us about somebody we haven't all been guessing forever (/s, I'm actually very excited about Alex. And Jazzy NYC yessssss)

And if they don't belong to Nash, can we give Gill's 2I stage and theme to Urien
and not have Gill
, that'd be great

It is possible they disregard 3S continuity completely, and continue from ST.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if SFV's story ended up being a retcon or redo of III's to make it more connected to the rest of the series. Which would still be kind of weird, since they haven't redone anything else and the story so far is still a mess

Then you are a bad teacher. The Internet is known for bad language habits and inventing new acronyms that aren't recognized by any standards. People really don't care about small things as long as their message gets across. You wanna get better at another language outside the classroom? Have a conversation with someone that's fluent in that language. Internet forums is not the place for such things. Do your job correctly and stop depending on us to do it for you.

Sesha

If the rumors are trying about Capcom taking the story more seriously, I doubt they'll ignore continuity.

With that in mind, I believe SF5 is set between 4 and 3 because Chun-Li's base Kikoken is still 2-handed.

yessss

gh2Tq2O.gif

People wanting Urien to wear pants don't get why he looks the way he does. He's supposed to resemble ancient olympic athletes.

Not sure about that, but Urien and Gill are definitely based on the Pillar Men from JoJo part 2.

Then you are a bad teacher. The Internet is known for bad language habits and inventing new acronyms that aren't recognized by any standards. People really don't care about small things as long as their message gets across. You wanna get better at another language outside the classroom? Have a conversation with someone that's fluent in that language. Internet forums is not the place for such things. Do your job correctly and stop depending on us to do it for you.
Encouraging students to practice writing it others makes him a bad teacher? Forums are modern day pen pals.

jett

D-Member
Alex and Urien are pretty cool and different from the norm. They get my thumbs up.

One of the first times USA saw the power of Urien. Tokido vs Justin Wong Evo 2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1r82kmXSPo

Skip the first 30 seconds if you don't want hype meter building. :p

So yeah, Alex is my main in 3S and Urien is exciting to watch. I'm hyped.

Didn't Tokido ran an Urien-train on everybody on the USA team back in 2002? MURICA didn't 'know bout Urien.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

I'll make one final post on this topic. After that, if you wish to continue this discussion, my pm box is open.

Warning. Here be non street fighter talk.

I taught one on one lessons and my students were all adults who possessed a fairly high level of English. It was my job to take what knowledge they had and help refine it.

Most of them wanted help with their business communications, but some of them just wanted to chat casually or talk about their hobbies. One of which was a huge street fighter fan, by the way.

You see, my students were all pretty busy and had very little in the way of spare time. I would see each of them for 90 minutes per week and would cover a range of topics depending on their goals, needs or interests.

And of course I would encourage them to read books/news reports/magazines/etc, but some of them were interested in certain subjects which I wasn't very knowledgable about and wanted to engage in conversations with like-minded individuals. Therefore, I suggested they use English language forums as a way to learn how to talk about their hobbies and improve their written communications with others.

And the "don't ask us to do your job for you" line was great. I never did. But when there are non native english speakers on this board putting native speakers to shame, there's a fucking problem.

Encouraging students to practice writing it others makes him a bad teacher? Forums are modern day pen pals.
Yes, it's bad teaching if the point is to get them to learn proper grammar. Because in order for that to work, he has to lecture everyone in every forum on proper grammar lol. He pointed out why his own teaching method is a bad idea in his "You're." post, but failed to realize what he was saying due to his own cognitive dissonance. It's really funny actually, unless you're one of those kids getting taught by him. Then you're just getting cheated out of a good education, and that's not funny at all.

Thanks, Stannis.
lol exactly, and this kind of attitude is just plain rude, even if that was a funny moment. The funny part is that Stannis is being a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom