• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

we all should use http://metalmurphy.org/SimCity/09.php and keep our shit together. That way we won't be fighting for cities when we're all in. Just add whoever is in the script thing (i'm already in, so are a couple of gaffers) and let's get this show on the road.

I registered for Cedargate, can the new folks who registered here but arent on my original list send me your origin ids or add me at RNArroyo so I can make a complete list. I think in the rush of picking places folks on the original list got left out. Thanks.

mackaveli

how do I get past the stupid tutorial? I click start the learning scenario and then it loads and shows me the city but nothing happens.

WTF.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey Metalmurphy, I might've found a problem on your city selection website: We had a primary list, people not on that primary list added their names to the city, now there's less cities than we had names, and the people that added names are not on anybody's friendlist.

I know you don't want to create a user database, but giving access to each region to their "maintainer" would be a good idea.

Or maybe it doesn't matter.

Hey Metalmurphy, I might've found a problem on your city selection website: We had a primary list, people not on that primary list added their names to the city, now there's less cities than we had names, and the people that added names are not on anybody's friendlist.

I know you don't want to create a user database, but giving access to each region to their "maintainer" would be a good idea.

Or maybe it doesn't matter.

Well, I didnt open the region just for that specific list :p

I'll just open a new region if necessary.

SRTtoZ

Invites sent out for Discovery Delta 3 (named "Neogaf Delta 3")

We have spots available if anyone wants.

I'll be running this region it seems.

mackaveli

Invites sent out for Discovery Delta 3 (named "Neogaf Delta 3")

We have spots available if anyone wants.

I'll be running this region it seems.

I would like in.

Gaf: Mackaveli Origin ID: Mrush17

HOW DO I SKIP THE TUTORIAL OR PLAY IT.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

devo1989

how do I get past the stupid tutorial? I click start the learning scenario and then it loads and shows me the city but nothing happens.

WTF.

I just get infinite loading or a crash. Using spotflux the loading continues slightly but just crashes again. I have no idea.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Had no issues with servers so far, going to wait for more people to play on Titan Gorge 1 as I have no one near me to share with.

On the one hand I'm kinda annoyed that I won't be getting my key until the official EU launch on Friday, but at the same time avoiding these launch day hiccups and annoyances is probably better.

mackaveli

I just get infinite loading or a crash. Using spotflux the loading continues slightly but just crashes again. I have no idea.

The game loads for me. But all I see is the damn city.

I can't press any buttons and nothing pops up that indicates a tutorial.

The maps are 2km x 2km?

So 4km^2. The densest city in the world has a density of like what? 45k residents per km^2? Doesn't that give a realistic functional limit to cities of around 200-300k maximum?

mackaveli

HOW TO SKIP THE TUTORIAL:
Start it, then go into the menu and quit back to the main menu

I did.

I created a city but none of the building icons show up lol.

Is this cause the servers are busy?

Also, no worries I won't pick a city or anything. I'll pick whatever is left over from the people that left.

I just want to get into a region and play with others.

SERVER DISCUSSION

From EA:

"If a server becomes full, new players will not be able to join - only players with a region on that server will be able to access it."

Which explains why I am able to access my region on NA West 1 but others may not be able to. Totally balls.

It sounds like if possible we should be trying to get all of GAF onto the same server. Right now the best options seem to be NA East 2 (which just opened), Oceania (which I've never seen full), or Europe West 2 (which I think also just opened).

If we can get GAF to all join one server then we can easily check out other GAF regions and join ones that need help, etc.

Also according to EA:

"You can play on any server in any location you'd like. The geographic location of your server won't affect your gameplay or cause any lag or loading issues."

So it doesn't seem to matter which one we pick, but everyone who plays in the same region at the very least has to pick the same one.

Any thoughts?

Uthred

My "approximate wait time" for EA's live chat has been "less than five minutes" for around two hours at this point. Just how shit can they be?

Nlroh

Traffic in my city is a fucking mess and I'm almost out of space. Mass transit isn't helping at all. I'm just waiting for a disaster to happen so I don't feel bad about bulldozing everything.

Pandemic

SERVER DISCUSSION

From EA:

"If a server becomes full, new players will not be able to join - only players with a region on that server will be able to access it."

Which explains why I am able to access my region on NA West 1 but others may not be able to. Totally balls.

It sounds like if possible we should be trying to get all of GAF onto the same server. Right now the best options seem to be NA East 2 (which just opened), Oceania (which I've never seen full), or Europe West 2 (which I think also just opened).

If we can get GAF to all join one server then we can easily check out other GAF regions and join ones that need help, etc.

Also according to EA:

"You can play on any server in any location you'd like. The geographic location of your server won't affect your gameplay or cause any lag or loading issues."

So it doesn't seem to matter which one we pick.

Any thoughts?

Perfect, great to hear, now they just need to stick to their word..

Phreaker

The maps are 2km x 2km?

So 4km^2. The densest city in the world has a density of like what? 45k residents per km^2? Doesn't that give a realistic functional limit to cities of around 200-300k maximum?

Someone showed the leaderboard yesterday and they already have over 400,000 peeps. Some testers said they had over 800,000.

RoKKeR

When an industrial building has the text "need places to ship freight" or whatever, what exactly does that mean and what can you do to fix it?

Ok the friends list is still FUCKED. I created the game, selected the friends I wanted to invite and got an error "could not add friends at this time, try again later".

Um, I'm stuck on an infinite loading screen for the tutorial city. Anyone having this issue? Have to VPN my way into the game because I'm from the UK. Restarted about 7 times now.

The cities are so small. Mine is already filled up =\

Servers need to fucking work or I'm done with this game.

What horribly customer unfriendly decision making by EA.

Let me guess: We'll have to pay for new regions (hence the no random/terraforming options) and larger city sizes.

So does someone create Titan Gorge 3 and invite us? I missed how this part works.

Yes. Whoever creates Titan Gorge 3 announce it here, I'll list the server and creator on the website.

untitled5hy5q.png

Everyone should add him/her to the friendslist to receive invites.

Akey

Banned
My "approximate wait time" for EA's live chat has been "less than five minutes" for around two hours at this point. Just how shit can they be?

Hey at least they have that. Steam would just be a reply that pointed to the TOS for all answers.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yes. Whoever creates Titan Gorge 3 announce it here, I'll list the server and creator on the website.

untitled5hy5q.png

Everyone should add him/her to the friendslist to receive invites.

There's some server crazyness, but we're getting there. RicardoNeftali is inviting people on East 2 (east 1 and west 1 is busted and also full)

Top Bottom