• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

saunderez

Well I managed to get the game down at a reasonable hour last night and since NA servers were swamped I joined the Oceanic server and had a bit of a play. I am terrible, my ideas don't transfer very well to the map I've chosen. This is gonna take some getting used to.

Since the friends thing is fucked I'm going to try coordinating with Dmorr07 and see if we can't get it running on another server. Results forthcoming.

Created Titan Gorge in *edit* North America East 2(only server that was up) invites will be sent to:

UPDATEDLIST

1. SlackerCS
2. _EagleBurn
3. RainOne
4. DrBo42
5. Jrmint82
6. Veritas0000
7. SaberVulcan
8. psedomyxoma
9. N-Bombb
10. CaptainNTenneal
11. Hme_
12. LiquidSword98
13. Moppet
14. Mugaaz
15. AntonZgaf

http://metalmurphy.org/SimCity/09.php

Too get in you MUST add me on origin my ID is RNArroyo. Invites are finally working so as soon as you do that we can make the magic happen. This is all messy thanks to EA so first 16 folks to add me are in. Hopefully that helps, as long as I'm added on Origin your spot is secure.

I have a massive elevation change right in the middle of mine, so it filled up fairly quickly. I'm still finding that the expansion upwards of a city more exciting than outwards.

Yeah I'm in discovery delta bit where there is 3 bits of land separated by river and I'm full up...not sure what else I can do =\

Jrmint

Created Titan Gorge in North America West (only server that was up) invites are sent to

1. SlackerCS
2. _EagleBurn
3. RainOne
4. DrBo42
5. Jrmint42
6. Veritas0000

These here are open and unclaimed send me your info if you want in.
My origin ID is RNArroyo

Edit: There seems to be some wierd lag, anyone know if being an origin friend makes you an automatic Simcity friend, cause people are missing on my lists.
Jrmint82 bro :)

Okay, yeah, looks like the friends/invite thing is fucked on full/busy servers.

I created Discovery Prime on NA East 2, and Dmorr07 just joined! So if EVERYONE ON DISCOVERY DELTA 1 CAN JOIN NA EAST 2 PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

And add me: cannibalchef
Then I can invite you!

Moppet13

Created Titan Gorge in *edit* North America East 2(only server that was up) invites will be sent to:

1. SlackerCS
2. _EagleBurn
3. RainOne
4. DrBo42
5. Jrmint42
6. Veritas0000
7. SaberVulcan
8. psedomyxoma

Too get in you MUST add me on origin my ID is RNArroyo. Invites are finally working so as soon as you do that we can make the magic happen. This is all messy thanks to EA so first 16 folks to add me are in. Hopefully that helps, as long as I'm added on Origin your spot is secure.
Moppet

1. SlackerCS
2. _EagleBurn
3. RainOne
4. DrBo42
5. Jrmint42
6. Veritas0000
7. SaberVulcan
8. psedomyxoma

You need to revise that list. There's people there that aren't on the map.

Metal can we apply for a second region now?

What do u mean?

1 people in 2 regions?

RoKKeR

Watching my brother struggle through the first hour or so is hilarious. I did fairly well for the first bit and he is just struggling. Just got hit with a quake and now half of his city is in flames.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
So I've spent about 5 hours building my city (Pandora), didn't really have any goal in mind just wanted to build up and see what happened. After I built the recycling center I saw I could export all these materials and well now I'm headed down the trading route, so much good cash! Right now I'm having a huge utility problem with sewage and water and will probably will send cash to another city and start-up another one. I've invested quite a lot to solve my traffic problems with several avenues flowing through the industrial side to commercial and tip of residential with mass street cars and bus stops.

I had the same problem Jeff G. had about the skilled workers, I fixed it via bus stops, a community college AND being patient as it takes time to build up a skilled workforce (several months) and flow into your city. Encountered a few bugs such as screen tearing and the game crashing me on a few times which is disappointing.

As for the small city size, I'm on the fence about it. I feel like managing this size is really challenging already but yes having a mega size would be great for the sake of having a big playbox. Maxis did mentioned they did build each city/region from scratch to make sure it was balanced so I would think a bigger size would come with it's own challenges in-terms of balance.

I am definitely loving my experience, and for those with server problems. Hope by Oceanic, had zero load issues thus far :)

It was unfortunate to see Origin pre-orderers get screwed (no keys for 30mins to a few hours while nearly every other vendors base had been served) last night and something I think is definitely inexcusable regardless of the demand. As for server issues, it the nature of these kinds of launchers and even the very best such as Blizzard who've had nearly a decade of experience in this still fumble, HotS will be no exception.

gamma

What do u mean?

1 people in 2 regions?

Yeah, I want to start playing and it seems that Smiley won't be back for a few hours since he's in NA.

Edit: I think I'll just wait for Smiley. I just don't have any patience left and want to start playing with gaf :p

Raide

So despite the tech issues, what are people playing looking forward to in terms of updates? I would love to see seasons if possible.

pleunv

I keep getting "Your city was unable to be processed" errors, resulting in a 15-20 min rollback. Had them 3 times in less than 2 hours now. This is pissing me off pretty hard. If this is the future with "online-only", then I'll gladly pass next time.

Yeah, I want to start playing and it seems that Smiley won't be back for a few hours since he's in NA.

Edit: I think I'll just wait for Smiley. I just don't have any patience left and want to start playing with gaf :p

Well Titan Gorge 3 just filled up. You can always make ur own region and invite random people :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
People need to be in-game to receive invites? oO

1) People need to be on your Origin's Friendlist
2) People need to be online on the same server you are
3) People need to be friends with you inside SimCity

If they're not your friend on Origin, they won't show up on a Friend Search inside SimCity.

If they're not on your server, they won't show up on a Friend Search inside SimCity.

Once you're friends inside SimCity, you can invite people to your Private Region.

It's a fucking mess.

Can you boot folks from spots they took when they werent on this list below. Thanks

UPDATEDLIST

1. SlackerCS
2. _EagleBurn
3. RainOne
4. DrBo42
5. Jrmint82
6. Veritas0000
7. SaberVulcan
8. psedomyxoma
9. N-Bombb
10. CaptainNTenneal
11. Hme_
12. LiquidSword98
13. Moppet
14. Mugaaz
15. AntonZgaf

Folks are free to add to waitlist I'll do those first come first serve

Can you boot folks from spots they took when they werent on this list below. Thanks

UPDATEDLIST

1. SlackerCS
2. _EagleBurn
3. RainOne
4. DrBo42
5. Jrmint82
6. Veritas0000
7. SaberVulcan
8. psedomyxoma
9. N-Bombb
10. CaptainNTenneal
11. Hme_
12. LiquidSword98
13. Moppet
14. Mugaaz
15. AntonZgaf

Folks are free to add to waitlist I'll do those first come first serve

Sorry but no, I can't. You either make your own region and don't use the website, or you create the website region with the people in it. Don't want to be a dick but I'm not gonna kick people that registered the way they should, like it's says in the OP.

No I can't. You either make your own region and don't use the website, or you create the website region with the people in it. Don't want to be a dick but I'm not gonna kick people that registered the way they should, like it's says in the OP.

Ahhh I see, didn't realize that was technically the correct way to do it. In that case I will adjust it to the link where possible.

chiablo

I wish the region stuff were moved to their own dedicated thread. There's about 1 post in 10 that actually talks about the game, the rest is matchmaking nonsense.

Both people needing to be online to actually send the invite is gonna be a problem...

Can other people in the region invite at least? Or only the creator can?

Just got my copy. Attempting to install. Hope all goes well. I'd like to play with some fellow GAF members, if there are some openings in any of the regions.

Origin ID:

hotelrobesheikh

Bricky

After an hour of problems finally got my EU SimCity to download via a VPN. It's slow, but at least I'm playing it soon. :D

E: Well I'll be damned, all of a sudden it's superfast and ready to play as I type. Fun times incoming! Any interest in a stream?

Game is still locked for me. I preordered backin July of last year.

image.php

Tiktaalik

I wish the region stuff were moved to their own dedicated thread. There's about 1 post in 10 that actually talks about the game, the rest is matchmaking nonsense.

I agree. I keep popping into this thread to see if there are actual gameplay impressions but I don't even know if anyone has even played yet?

Top Bottom