• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Here are a few pics of my city:

- See that really tall dark building on the right. Yeah, its dark because I HAVE NO MORE ROOM TO BUILD RESIDENTIAL!!!

Man I didn't think the size limit would bother me but its basically ruining the game. Either that or I'm just not "playing it right".

Ditto, its doing my head in, im basically stuck now. I have no room to do anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, okay at least it's doing the same thing for everyone! Whew. I thought I had caused a bug because I quit out of the tutorial this morning. For some reason it seems no tutorial messages pop up when you press GETTING STARTED and you CAN'T DO ANYTHING but lose money. This is going to really puzzle people. This is the first impression. They need to fix this like yesterday.

UPDATE: I went back to main menu and now I have PLAY and SIMCITY WORLD. Weird. I guess I get no tutorial now?

Same thing. No tutorial but I'm ok with that.

Here are a few pics of my city:

spark20130305174937.png

- See that really tall dark building on the right. Yeah, its dark because I HAVE NO MORE ROOM TO BUILD RESIDENTIAL!!!

Man I didn't think the size limit would bother me but its basically ruining the game. Either that or I'm just not "playing it right".

spark20130305175024.png

I feel the same way. I'm OK with everything about the game apart from the size of the city...it's really frustrating. I feel I've nothing more to do at this point =\

munroe

Watching the IGN steam of Greg playing for 9 hours straight, thinking, would it be feasible to build a city that's pretty much composed of utilities and then give all that excess to other cities, so those cities can effectively have more usable space?

I feel the same way. I'm OK with everything about the game apart from the size of the city...it's really frustrating. I feel I've nothing more to do at this point =\

Though probably doesn't help that you've got quite a bit of water effectively reducing the amount of usable space

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

Is the game about making regions now instead of cities? If you run out of room in one city could you make another city and then have them work off each other?

Watching the IGN steam of Greg playing for 9 hours straight, thinking, would it be feasible to build a city that's pretty much composed of utilities and then give all that excess to other cities, so those cities can effectively have more usable space?

That sounds like a brilliant Idea

Though probably doesn't help that you've got quite a bit of water effectively reducing the amount of usable space

Yeah, I know that is really annoying as well.

Is the game about making regions now instead of cities? If you run out of room in one city could you make another city and then have them work off each other?

That sounds like a brilliant Idea

Yeah I believe that is how it works BUT I'm playing with other people from gaf so everyone in the region has their own plot of land. I'm stuck with this one plot so no room for expansion.

Nibiru

Banned
If I totally screw up a city in a region and the city is beyond repair can i delete it or when i start a new city on a new plot will my derp city always be in the region?

Ghost23

So freaking annoying! Everytime I open simcity, the game never pops up but stays on my task manager. I cannot do anything about it.

SRTtoZ

The area where I put my sewage dumps are making the land black. How do I get rid of this sewage??? I cant build anything that fixes this shit, I just have to keep making sewage stations.

Jrmint

Holy crap this game is amazingly addictive and fun.

Couple questions:
-How do I get the higher levels of the zones? Like my people want higher level residential. I'm trying to build it around my parks and Town Hall to see if that does it. Any other tips?

-Secondly, my Industrial people say they want to ship their freight not sure how to do that? I assume it involves the region, but not exactly sure

Launcher is in my task bar but doesn't actually load.
Launcher loads but locks up.
Can't select NA server.
Launcher crashes.
Tutorial doesn't work.
Immediately notice no more terraforming tool.
Game crashes.

tumblr_mexksppyrR1r8i2h7.gif

Guess I'll..... come back... in a week.

munroe

Couple questions:
-How do I get the higher levels of the zones? Like my people want higher level residential. I'm trying to build it around my parks and Town Hall to see if that does it. Any other tips?

-Secondly, my Industrial people say they want to ship their freight not sure how to do that? I assume it involves the region, but not exactly sure

Land wealth will increase building value, i.e. placing parks etc

Happiness will increase density

Couple questions:

I'm not 100% on this but I think the type of roads influence what type of buildings the area can support. I think an adviser pointed that out to me. May be totally wrong on this so maybe someone else can clarify.

Megasoum

Banned
Well shit...

I claimed my city with Smiley's invite, put down a couple of roads and then crashed. Now when I go back ingame there's no "resume" option. If I check Simley's invite my city doesn't show as claimed but when I try to do it the game tells me it already has been claimed by somebody else.

Nibiru

Banned
The area where I put my sewage dumps are making the land black. How do I get rid of this sewage??? I cant build anything that fixes this shit, I just have to keep making sewage stations.

Build a sewage treatment plant and just add on to that. Eventually it will call for you to shut down the rest of crappy stations.

Oppo

So -

was Jeff Gerstmann right, in that in the beta (he attended), one was able to fill the entire region with "city"? (he mentions this in the Quick Look on giantbomb.com)

if that is true... the city size limit seems like a last-minute stopgap to solve some sort of huge bug, or performance issue, or something.

one can only hope that they patch it.

BearPawB

Banned
So -

was Jeff Gerstmann right, in that in the beta (he attended), one was able to fill the entire region with "city"? (he mentions this in the Quick Look on giantbomb.com)

if that is true... the city size limit seems like a last-minute stopgap to solve some sort of huge bug, or performance issue, or something.

one can only hope that they patch it.

No. it was always this way

BearPawB

Banned
Sigh... I guess I'll try the origin support but I don't have I hopes...

I am having the same problem. Wanted to delete a region. It wouldn't delete. So i made a new one. Quit, and now my new one didn't save. The one i have tried to abandon is still sitting there but i can't join in it

Megasoum

Banned
I am having the same problem. Wanted to delete a region. It wouldn't delete. So i made a new one. Quit, and now my new one didn't save. The one i have tried to abandon is still sitting there but i can't join in it

Sigh...

And btw the approximate wait time with the Origin live chat is 320 - 325 minutes lol.

EvB

Anybody know a way I can activate my UK download on origin? I've tried every VPN under the sun, but the origin software still thinks its in the UK.

SRTtoZ

Build a sewage treatment plant and just add on to that. Eventually it will call for you to shut down the rest of crappy stations.

I guess im fucked. I cant build one because I need a department of Utilities which I cant get until I upgrade city hall and I need 75k people to upgrade. ANNOYING.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm something else I just realized. When I look at the region map in the main menu, the city I claimed doesn't match the city I briefly played. Like the highway and train track are not at the same place... This is fucking weird.

Fixed1979

Claimed my spot in Viridian #1, then went to see what my neighbors were up to. Game crashed and now my city shows itself as not claimed but I can't claim it...good times.

Megasoum

Banned
Claimed my spot in Viridian #1, then went to see what my neighbors were up to. Game crashed and now my city shows itself as not claimed but I can't claim it...good times.

Good to know I'm now the only one with the issue. I guess I'll go start a private region on my own while they un-fuckup their servers.

swoon

can i get an invite to t.gorge #1?

i guess cause no one was on when i sent my invites out, nothing happened with them.

swoon37 on orgin

Ghost23

Not only does my tutorial not work, but I can't even open the freaking game. What a great first day of Sim freaking City.

I knew I should trust my instincts to not trust in EA. As much as I love SimCity, the EA label always made me worry about it and didn't pre-order it. Glad I didn't.

Top Bottom