• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Hambone

I logged into all the servers, and the only one that works properly for me is European West 2. Sucks that I can't play in the GAF region yet, but I guess I can learn the ropes while they fix it.

Nibiru

Banned
Ya private games are totally borked. Can't abandon cities can't even join even though it was my private region lol. I'm not sure at what point it screwed up. I kept clicking abandon region then i thought maybe I have to abandon city so i tried taht and it never worked then i tried to pick another plot maybe if i do that i can abandon the old one.... Nope it said it was a private game LOL.

RS4-

Finance
Education - rico
Tourism - rs4-
Transportation - rico
Health and Safety - rico
Utilities - evilhomer14

Question, I'm pretty new to the genre and haven't been using avenues at all. Have I screwed over all future development of my city? At around 30K right now.

I'll do the tourism one right now. Pretty sure I screwed up my growth with the layout as well. Doesn't help that part of my region is unusable because of the cliffs

Phreaker

Someone was asking about the extra content and I mentioned a friend saw a French police station when he went to build one. I just got this message when logging in:

YOUR CONTENT IS AVAILABLE
Thank you for purchasing the Digital Deluxe Edition. Your content is ready to use. You can find it in the Culture menu, Police menu, and Buses and Trains submenus under Mass Transit.

So, I don't have the new Sim City yet, and this thread is making me rethink getting it at all. That said, I DO have Sim City 4 from Steam, but it runs really terribly on my machine (which can play Far Cry 3, so I don't think it's my fault). Does anyone have any mod recommendations that make SC4 playable nowadays?

Should we just delay the gaf regions while the game settles down?

Play solo for now and then we can recreate the regions with the same members once every thing is running smoothly.

It'll give me time to fix the maps too.

Megasoum

Banned

Play solo for now and then we can recreate the regions with the same members once every thing is running smoothly.

Yeah it's a good idea. the problem is that even the private regions crash...sigh... I think I'll go play Tomb Raider instead.

SRTtoZ

I'm taking a break until I get more people in our region so someone can build a Dept of Utilities. The sewage is getting out of control and I cant do anything except build more small sewage stations and its making my land BLACK.

It'll give me time to fix the maps too.

yesh.

i need to start over anyways. i can't with the zombies. too early. i have an idea what to do with my city now lol.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Anyone setup GORGE 2 yet? I've just got SimCity running, ready to do this..

I'm looking for info on Titan Gorge 2 as well. I was a late addition to the list on that one, but would like to get into the region this evening if someone has set it up. I'm Waluvil on Origin.

SRTtoZ

Blizzard at least has the excuse that they sold 6 million copies in the first week, I hope EA can explain this mess.

Definity

Game crashed on me and now when I got back into the region it will not allow me to play my city. Says something about the city has already been claimed. Logged out twice and same thing. Hopefully I didn't waste 3 hours. :(

Spookie

Loaded up a Euro server to bash through the tutorial. Scripting doesn't kick in and I sit there like a prick.

THANKS EA.

Zona

Ok... I got the invite to delta 3 and started a city. I then had the game crash, started it back up and don’t have that city listed and can not rejoin the region. Odd.

Ghost23

The game appears for me ONCE, and it freezes 5 minutes in. I'm going to throw my computer across the room in a minute. I've lost all hype for the game, and even if I wanted to play, I don't have the option because IT DOESN'T WORK! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME I FREAKING BOUGHT!

OchreHand

Apologies if asked, but I finally launched the game for the first time and it didn't start me with a tutorial. Is there any way to do that?

Edit, nevermind, Found that getting started button but the city can't load. Lol.

The game appears for me ONCE, and it freezes 5 minutes in. I'm going to throw my computer across the room in a minute. I've lost all hype for the game, and even if I wanted to play, I don't have the option because IT DOESN'T WORK! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME I FREAKING BOUGHT!

But then you wouldn't have access to all the amazing online features!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Works fine for me on Europe West, not had an issue all day.

The Euro regions are good right now, not sure about right now since the servers aren't showing up for me at the moment.

I just got home and was looking forward to this even though I have ArmA 3 waiting for me on Steam. Trying to be patient. I couldn't add or be added to my friends list or be invited to their region properly.

Phionoxx

Oh, okay at least it's doing the same thing for everyone! Whew. I thought I had caused a bug because I quit out of the tutorial this morning. For some reason it seems no tutorial messages pop up when you press GETTING STARTED and you CAN'T DO ANYTHING but lose money. This is going to really puzzle people. This is the first impression. They need to fix this like yesterday.

UPDATE: I went back to main menu and now I have PLAY and SIMCITY WORLD. Weird. I guess I get no tutorial now?

Have this same issue happening. First start, only option is GETTING STARTED which loads the tutorial but as soon as the map is loaded, no prompts begin to start the actual tutorial. There are no interactions you can do. Quitting to main menu, and quitting all the way out to desktop haven't resolved it for me. Man this is frustrating.

Hambone

Finally got into the GAF region, claimed my land, played for 5 minutes and the game crashed. Now, it doesn't show that I claimed the land, and will not let me load it.

*sigh*

I'm going to go do the dishes and try again in a bit.

plenilune

Anyone able to get commuters from another city?
I have a mining city connected by road to a low wealth residential. Population is about 10k, none of which commute :\ Are buses or trains required?

Top Bottom