• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Goddamn, i am regretting purchasing the physical copy today after reading all of this shit that EA didn't fix before release, wtf EA? I am not unwrapping my game just yet and if things don't improve dramatically over the next day or two i will just get a refund and not re-purchase this. We have to punish idiots like EA and show them that we just won't shovel money their way for a broken game.

Lothars

Have this same issue happening. First start, only option is GETTING STARTED which loads the tutorial but as soon as the map is loaded, no prompts begin to start the actual tutorial. There are no interactions you can do. Quitting to main menu, and quitting all the way out to desktop haven't resolved it for me. Man this is frustrating.
Yup same thing happens to me, it's frustrating and I hope it gets sorted out soon.

OchreHand

Have this same issue happening. First start, only option is GETTING STARTED which loads the tutorial but as soon as the map is loaded, no prompts begin to start the actual tutorial. There are no interactions you can do. Quitting to main menu, and quitting all the way out to desktop haven't resolved it for me. Man this is frustrating.

I got my tutorial to load but I'm also having this problem. Sent a tweet to Ocean Quigley, maybe he'll respond. He's been fielding questions all day.

Tmac

Wth is wrong with EA?

- Can't use a bunch of servers because they start in a Tutorial that doesnt work and dont letr you do anything else.
- The servers I can login dont allow me to creat a city!

Paid 60 bucks for a unplayable game.

B-Dex

Anyone able to get commuters from another city?
I have a mining city connected by road to a low wealth residential. Population is about 10k, none of which commute :\ Are buses or trains required?

I think having a bus depot or rail station makes it easier for them to commute. You can also build rail into the city!

My population isn't budging, stuck 327 forever even though there are houses popping up everywhere and everyone is happy. Is this because the servers are down?

had fun for the first 3 hours- which ended just a few minutes ago when I encountered my FIRST server issue

not bad, considering it took me 3 weeks to play diablo 3...lol

plenilune

I think having a bus depot or rail station makes it easier for them to commute. You can also build rail into the city!

Thanks. I guess I'll try rail first. My badly designed roads are already clogged up, commuter busses would make things worse.

DEO3

Sorry to all my Viridian Woods #3 buddies, I haven't been able to join you on the East Coast #1 server all day due to it being busy. Hopefully I'll be able to get down to business with ya'll tomorrow after work.

Ominym

Banned
Maybe I'm jaded, but as someone who went through the Diablo III launch I find it surprising that people are freaking out at the servers breaking. I'm certainly not justifying always on DRM, but I think it's a bit crazy for people to not have expected this to happen.

Maybe I'm jaded, but as someone who went through the Diablo III launch I find it surprising that people are freaking out at the servers breaking. I'm certainly not justifying always on DRM, but I think it's a bit crazy for people to not have expected this to happen.

I think it's crazy that EA apparently didn't expect this to happen, as they certainly didn't prepare enough for it.

As consumers we shouldn't be expecting that something we buy is functionally broken on launch.

RS4-

Man, all my ore and oil rich areas are RIGHT in the middle of my med/high areas. I didn't explore the menus and didn't look at the data layers until it was too late.

I or other should not have to wait for them to fix this shit after the fact, i find it horrifying that you think this is ok although you did add to our misery by not going after Diablo 3 dev's.

Ominym

Banned
I think it's crazy that EA apparently didn't expect this to happen, as they certainly didn't prepare enough for it.

As consumers we shouldn't be expecting that something we buy is functionally broken on launch.

I absolutely agree, just as Blizzard should've expected it to happen. Sad part is? This will happen again; the only wise move is to realize that when a game has always on DRM, the servers are most likely going to be unreachable on launch day.

I or other should not have to wait for them to fix this shit after the fact, i find it horrifying that you think this is ok although you did add to our misery by not going after Diablo 3 dev's.

Was I defending them? No, I wasn't. I agree on all fronts that a game should never launch like this. But I do think that people should have seen these server issues coming from a mile away and adjusted their expectations to reality. Never once said that this was acceptable for a game to launch broken.

Top Bottom