• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Hmm, definitely don't have 100 and doubt I'm friends with all of them, I tried like 5 names.

Is anyone else having it crash constantly when loading a friend's town? It's been crashing non-stop when loading a friend's town but nothing else.

I mentioned it before but I get constant crashes when moving from my town to my friend screen, from the friend screen to a friend's town, or between friends' towns.
Never in my own town.
When Krustyland first came out I used to get crashes going to or from Krustyland.
Before Krustyland the game didn't crash.

I have thirty-something friends.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I mentioned it before but I get constant crashes when moving from my town to my friend screen, from the friend screen to a friend's town, or between friends' towns.
Never in my own town.
When Krustyland first came out I used to get crashes going to or from Krustyland.
Before Krustyland the game didn't crash.

I have thirty-something friends.

I've gotten a few crashes loading certain people's towns, but it only happened twice ever. I just skipped over that town and went to the next one on the list.

seb

Banned
I've been adding a bunch of you guys. If you want you can add me and my gf:
SebOriginAccount and lriviere893.

...some of you are putting serious money on this :p

I've been adding a bunch of you guys. If you want you can add me and my gf:
SebOriginAccount and lriviere893.

...some of you are putting serious money on this :p
Accepted your request! And I tried to add your gf but the name came back invalid.

I still need slots of daily friends! Origin ID is LamonsterZone

-Horizon-

Finally got Claus Co after going at it with 10 tokens straight. Had 20 tokens so had 10 left.

Now I just need the shelter. Tried to get it right after with my last remaining tokens but no dice. Time to stock back up on tokens again.

88,000+ gift cards :[

Finally got Claus Co after going at it with 10 tokens straight. Had 20 tokens so had 10 left.

Now I just need the shelter. Tried to get it right after with my last remaining tokens but no dice. Time to stock back up on tokens again.

Yeah, the spin wheel is totally rigged. I wish it was fair and random but it clearly is not.

Still don't have the yeti or shelter, after >50 spins.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
2.25% money/XP bonus multiplier.

The snowmen are all 0.50% as well. All useful.

According to the in-game store Grampa, Marge, Lisa and Maggie don't give bonuses.

I've gotten a few crashes loading certain people's towns, but it only happened twice ever. I just skipped over that town and went to the next one on the list.

Half the time I can't even get to the list before it crashes. (on my tablet)

krae_man

EA's Windows Phone output is a fraction of their Android output which is a fraction of their iOS output so don't hold your breath.

TAJ

There's a guy on my friend list named ericmagnus4 whose town has made the game crash every single time I've tried to access it since two updates ago, even on PC.

A Windows 8 version would also be appreciated; any rumors of that?

You can run the game on PC with Bluestacks. I've read that it has touch support, but I just use a mouse.

RichyMtl

Neo Member

I'm over 100,000 gift cards and still no Claus co. :(

So I got a few gift bags I want to give away before the event ends. ID is Monado_Heir if you want some.
Added you! I am LamonsterZone

What's the best way to get as many gift cards as possible? I'm only on the skating rink because I'm new to the game but don't wanna miss out on the limited stuff.

HigXx

Had like 9 friend requests but 100 friends so I just went on a deleting spree and deleted anyone who hasn't collected any gift cards, no point in having people in my friends list who aren't playing, sorry if I've deleted anyone...

TAJ

Well, my luck with the wheel is officially amazing now.
Got Claus Co. today and I only have 29,000 cards.

Still missing...

Snowball II snowkitteh
Homer snowman
Snow Monster
Mr. Plow
Helter Shelter

... but I feel good about how things have gone.

-Horizon-

Added you! I am LamonsterZone

What's the best way to get as many gift cards as possible? I'm only on the skating rink because I'm new to the game but don't wanna miss out on the limited stuff.

Get to Christmas Quest 18 and send every one on the 8 hour missions for 27 gift cards each. Its a repeatable quest as long as you don't send Homer or Lisa to their part of the quest. And almost every character you have gets the gift card mission to do.

Add lots of people to your friend list since you get 30 from each of them and they'll probably send you gift bags/presents to your town.

That's really all you can do.

So many spins and wasted donuts.... I've never going to get the snow monster :/ And why is the verify screen for donuts not the default??? I found the option by accident, so many wasted donuts. :(

So many spins and wasted donuts.... I've never going to get the snow monster :/ And why is the verify screen for donuts not the default??? I found the option by accident, so many wasted donuts. :(

Because EA.

Talking of donuts though I got a mystery box today for playing five days in a row containing 30 donuts, which is pretty amazing by my standards. The most I'd received before was a few pieces of hedges.

eliza0224

Alright guys, I gotta share this. I used to play this game on my iPod a few months ago, and stopped cause I got bored. I got to level 14 or something.

I started playing again last month and my city was wiped out, but I was level 7. No biggie I thought, I'll start from scratch. I made my blue house farm, bought land space, and made it to level 13 today.

I start up the game a few moments ago and my fucking city is completely different, my fucking farm is gone, all the characters are doing 8-12 hours stuff and I have almost no land space. The only plus is that I'm level 15 now? And have 46 donuts yay!

Fuck this game

EDIT: the game crashed and my city is back to normal. What the FUCK.

Vargas

Yesterday my spin wheel just had gift cards, money and Claus Co, today Snow Marge and Lisa are back on it even though I won both already, and the character locator is broken. It is really annoying sending everyone by searching for them.

krae_man

Milhouse was stuck in Krustyland for me yesterday, but I completely shut down and restarted the app and everything went back to normal.

-Horizon-

Finally

Finally I got the shelter. Spin wheel DONE

I'll still give out any gift bags/presents I get to any one who has friended me.

Also, in the last couple of days, maybe 7-8 people added me but when I went to accept, I kept getting errors for all of them so I had to decline.

Any one who tried to friend me can try again, I have like 7 spots left open (I'll probably delete a few who haven't played in months):

willconquer93

Because EA.

Talking of donuts though I got a mystery box today for playing five days in a row containing 30 donuts, which is pretty amazing by my standards. The most I'd received before was a few pieces of hedges.

:O

I always get a tree, a hedge, a newspaper thing, or a parking lot space :[

I managed to get hoooked on Tapped Out over New Year's. I've got very few friends playing it so please add me, Origin ID: burlapsmack

^ Added you both!

What do the handshakes do, anyway? I realize that's where your friends tapped on your buildings, but does it actually do anything?

krae_man

Buildings that get tapped on generate more money

I'm not 100% sure of the mechanics of how specifically it works, but you will get extra opportunities to tap a building per day if your friends tap on it(assuming you keep up with all your regularly scheduled taps).

I know you can't tap on friends buildings unless they have the $ above them, and I know that when I've tapped on my own buildings that have a handshake on them, the timer till the next revenue generation has been less then the regular building wait time.

As for the specific nuances of how it works and how best to take advantage of it(other then the slower the buildings wait time, the better), I haven't bothered to try and figure it out.

krae_man

Looks like Today's update extended the Holiday Event till Jan 14th. That's another week of everyone bitching about the wheel!

Looks like Today's update extended the Holiday Event till Jan 14th. That's another week of everyone bitching about the wheel!

Yay! Definitely get all the gifts now I think. Is there something you have to remove from the wheel to get ClausCo? Still isn't showing up on my wheel.

Top Bottom