• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

bryehn

Is there any good reason we can't buy SingStar content through the main PS Store? I'm not lazy, but popping a disc in is a pain in the ass.

The real "issue" for me is that I want to say, buy a new PSN game and a few songs without having to do 2 transactions. Worse, is if on the off chance I only want 1-2 SingStar songs at a time (never happens, but on principle), I'm forced to add $5 to the old wallet.

I know there's a wallet trick, but frankly I'm usually a bit tipsy when I'm buying SingStar songs mid-session and forget.

OH! and I'm really surprised there's no new disc game (Vol. 3) for PS3 during the holidays in North America, I always like to switch up my "hub disc".

Maybe I'll jst go back to importing them from the UK.

OH AGAIN! Why does each disc need it's own update data? They can all share DLC, why not share a common update file?

Tntnnbltn

[Paging Lupinko]

If you had to pick three or four songs from Delta Goodrem's major singles, which would be best for SingStar? Keeping in mind how fun they would be for SingStar (i.e. verse structure, singability). I've already got an internal list based on local+international sales potential and personal preferences, but was just seeking a second opinion.

(Clickables...)

2003: Innocent Eyes

2004: Mistaken Identity

2007: Delta

(Chart Performance...)

Code:
====================================================================
 SONG                             AU    NZ    UK   US-AC   SALES-AU
 Lost Without You                  1     4     4    18     Plat x2
 Innocent Eyes                     1    14     9     -     Plat
 Not Me, Not I                     1    11    18     -     Plat
 Predictable                       1     -     -     -     Plat x2
 Out Of The Blue                   1    14     9     -     Plat
 Mistaken Identity                 7     -     -     -     Gold
 Almost Here                       1     -     3     -     Plat
 A Little Too Late                13     -     -     -     
 In This Life                      1    31     -    21     Plat
 You Will Only Break My Heart     14     -     -     -     
 I Can't Break It To My Heart     13     -     -     -     

Personally would love "Predictable" but it had a live music video. :(

Tntnnbltn

bryehn said:
OH AGAIN! Why does each disc need it's own update data? They can all share DLC, why not share a common update file?
Each SingStar game has a different version of engine to start off with, so different discs need different amounts of patching. It might be possible to have a shared file, but the ones you are currently downloading are actually different for each game.

bryehn said:
Is there any good reason we can't buy SingStar content through the main PS Store? I'm not lazy, but popping a disc in is a pain in the ass.
I don't think they can have their draconian DRM system using the PS Store.
Edit: But the SingStar Viewer is at least going to stop you having to pop in a disc.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 26th November 2009

English:
  • Babyface - "Sleigh Ride"
  • Celine Dion – "Christmas Eve"
  • Cornershop – "Brimful Of Asha" (Norman Cook Remix)
  • Dr Alban – "It’s My Life"
  • Glasvegas - "Please Come Back Home"
  • Natalie Bassingthwaighte - "Alive"
  • Natalie Bassingthwaighte - "Someday Soon"
  • Paul McCartney – "Wonderful Christmastime"
  • Placebo – "The Never-Ending Why"
  • Rogue Traders – "I Never Liked You"
  • Shakin’ Stevens – "Merry Christmas Everyone"
  • Superfamily – "It’s A Lie"
  • Toni Braxton - "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
  • Whimsical feat. Maria Mena - "Everytime"

Festive Fun 2 song pack:
  • Cliff Richard – "Saviour’s Day"
  • Doris Day – "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
  • Johnny Mathis – "When A Child Is Born"
  • Nat King Cole – "A Cradle In Bethlehem"
  • Slade – "Merry X-Mas Everybody"

Paul McCartney song pack:
  • Paul McCartney – "Dance Tonight"
  • Paul McCartney – "Pipes of Peace"
  • Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder – "Ebony And Ivory"
  • Paul McCartney & Wings – "Band On The Run"
  • Paul McCartney & Wings – "Mull Of Kintyre"

Spanish:
  • Aleks Syntek Con Ana Torroja – "Duele el amor"
  • Chayanne – "Torero"

lupinko

How did North America get Elton John again? Unless that Christmas song is not under any contract or whatever. :S

Tntnnbltn: I would put In This Life as the top priority, but that's more preference.

edit: I'll get back to you for the other songs.

Tntnnbltn

My top pick goes to "Not Me, Not I". Always liked that song, particularly after I saw the music video.
Plus it fits my vocal range better than "Innocent Eyes". :lol

Had considered "Out Of The Blue" as an alternative due to it's strong European sales, but I never really got into that song, and no one else has expressed desire for it. Will probably recommend "Almost Here" though due to similarly strong sales, and because duets are usually fun to sing.

So yeah, my suggestions are shaping up to be...
  • Lost Without You
  • Not Me, Not I
  • Almost Here
  • In This Life

Of course if there are any Delta songs in the next update then that'll throw my list out of whack. :p "You Will Only Break My Heart" might end up on the store without my recommendation because it was previously on a PS2 edition.

Provider

Tntnnbltn said:
US SingStore Update, 26th November 2009

[*] Aleks Syntek – "Con Ana Torroja Duele el amor"

:lol :lol :lol

It should be:

Aleks Syntek con Ana Torroja - "Duele el amor"

It sounds funny the other way :lol

netguy503

PLEASE HELP ME GAF!!

My PS3 YLOD'ED for the first time two days ago unfortunately it did after tried this method and got over 100 views on my first snapshot. I'm less than 100 views away from getting the 200 views in the first week trophy (you only have to view my first snapshot, I believe that was the one with the most hits). I DON'T want to start whoring all over again and my machine will just be coming back from death anyway so I have to be gentle with it. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!! I put them up on Saturday so you should have until Saturday.PSN ID is Netguy503 (I will not be able to take friend requests, my machine is dead right now, just search for me please.

Thank you very much for this community's kindness.

Basically can someone help me farm the trophy glitch I listed up thread (view photo, exit to main menu, exit to xmb, load game, and view again). I would be very grateful and I will do this for you as well.

teekun

I booted up Singstar the other night for the first time in a couple of months, and downloaded all the updates. Since then I have been able to, for the first time since the game was released,[/b] view videos without waiting a full minute for them to buffer. I'm also downloading tracks in minutes, as opposed to the up to an hour it used to take. Did their server updates really make this much of a difference, or have I somehow stumbled upon a super off-peak time to play? I really hope it stays this way, it's completely reinvigorated my interest in the game.

Tntnnbltn

Using song ID codes to track which methods of requesting are successful...

Code:
===========================================
      ID CODE    ARTIST
      100NYV     Lily Allen
      100NYW     Amanda Jenssen
      100NYX     ----
      100NYY     ----
      100NYZ     Daryl Braithwaite
      100NZ0     ----
      100NZ1     ----
 -->  100NZ2     Natalie Bassingthwaighte
 -->  100NZ3     Natalie Bassingthwaighte
      100NZ4     Krezip
      100NZ5     Krezip
      100NZ6     Krezip
      100NZ7     Krezip
      100NZ8     Krezip
      100NZ9     Krezip
The two Natalie Bassingthwaighte songs are "Someday Soon" [100NZ2] and "Alive" [100NZ3], both added today. Based on part 2 of my request log, I submitted a request for Natalie Bassingthwaighte - "Someday Soon", "Alive" and "1000 Stars" by email on the 8th of June. The adjacent numbering of "Someday Soon" and "Alive" suggests both were added from the one request. The currently blank location at 100NZ1 might contain "1000 Stars".

Nearby songs (chronologically by ID) include Lily Allen's "Not Fair" (released 9th July) and a bunch of songs from Krezip (song pack released 25th June). Given the time required for licensing and processing, these dates are consistent with songs which were added to the internal wishlist in early June. As such, it appears these songs were successfully requested through email. The only other time I recorded a request for Natalie Bassingthwaighte was 11th July via Facebook Discussion ("Someday Soon"), however this would be inconsistent with the other dates, and that request did not include "Alive".

Toki767

Wow...I just noticed Sleigh Ride and Christmas Eve are HD videos. Too bad it's probably cause there are no actual videos for it. :lol

Tntnnbltn

Ugh. I've been updating my database of SingStar songs with details from the SingStore for the last 3.5 hours. Been going really smooth until the last 5 minutes or so... Just checked my online GMT clock and it's 9:30pm on a Friday night in the UK.

This is annoying.

Edit: Up to song 777 of 1050. *yawn*

Edit #2: Done all English songs for Australia. *zzzzz*

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I finally created myself a UK account, it was much less painful of a process than I thought and I should have done it a while ago. Basically, I'm now happy again with the SingStore. I find the entire Universal situation ridiculous.

Just a quick note, where is the latest French songpack? I tried to find it but with no succes, I probably just missed it.

EDIT, got it: Please note that the French Starter Pack: Hits français listed below will be released on 2/12.

Tntnnbltn

Hopefully the latest patch is out today. Good news for anyone who was affected by bugs in the last one (I don't think we had any complaints here?)

JeFfRey said:
I finally created myself a UK account, it was much less painful of a process than I thought and I should have done it a while ago. Basically, I'm now happy again with the SingStore. I find the entire Universal situation ridiculous.
Enjoy the new songs. (Which reminds me that I still have to fund someone. Whoops!)

Tntnnbltn

Time to update GAF on my latest pet project...

My aims for my current project are twofold:
(1) Create an automated system for monitoring the additions of new cover images
(2) Create an automated system for outputting results suitable for displaying on GAF.

I've previously described the background of song ID codes and their use in tracking licensing chronology (Post #2437). As well as applications for tracking licensing, cover art sometimes this offers potential for discovering things before they are announced (e.g. Britney Spears song pack, SingStar: Pop Edition tracklist).

Such applications require a system which easily allows new images to be monitored. My previous system involved a lot of user intervention, but I never had the time to rewrite it. Eventually it became outdated because I hadn't been keeping up with it each fortnight. I recently I reformatted my computer, so had an opportunity to remake my system from scratch anyway.

After starting 24 hours ago, I've already created an automated system which fetches a list of every cover image. This is already more detail than I had before (my previous handbuilt database only included 100[H-O]xx). Shown below is a plot of all 2,896 cover images (for singles), spanning from 100001 to 100PDC, with some annotations on the side.

^ 25% thumbnail preview. Click for full image (1325x1649 px, 200kb)

^^ Additional annotations which I forgot to add: Blue squares represent a known licensed song. White (empty) squares, particularly those in the second half of the image, represent songs which have not yet been successfully licensed. The first four digits of the ID codes are displayed on the left, with each of these blocks containing 1296 possible ID codes (ranging from 100x00 to 100xZZ, ordered in standard left-to-right reading order).

All I have to do for monitoring new image additions is to regenerate this list and compare it to a previous data. My next step is to find ways of displaying this information on GAF (in both text and image form). It needs to be as automated as possible so that little effort is required on my behalf when things get busy.

Once that's done, I'll hopefully be able to whip out regular reports summarising new image additions, which will keep GAF on the forefront of any possible image leaks.

Toki767

Wow, that's quite impressive I must say. I'm sure if any of us can help out in some way feel free to ask.

I was just randomly inputting letters for songpacks and I came across one that I don't think ever got released.
image_2000PR.jpg

I don't know if anyone ever caught this so I apologize if it's been found, but I just thought it was weird to have this art when it's almost 2010. :lol

Edit: I also found this cover.
image_2000QH.jpg

Edit #2: Okay so I found what looked to be a bunch of Songpacks I've never seen or heard of before. Seems like a bunch of Italian bands like Lost and another one with a kind of long one word name that starts with an L whose name escapes me at the moment.

I did however, find another Britney Spears cover, although it is the same picture as the first one with a different ID. The original Britney songpack had an ID code of 2000PQ. The one I found has an ID code of 2000S5. Whether or not that means another Britney songpack (I hope so) is anyone's guess though. Is it natural to upload the same cover twice? I know it happened with Lady Gaga, although that was because one song had another artist in the name. With a songpack though, it seems kind of fishy.

Edit #3: Just saw that Festive Fun 2 has two ID codes, 2000VC and 2000V6. Those make sense since the US got a different pack than everywhere else at least.

Tntnnbltn

2000PR: "Best of 08" (released 16 January 2009)
2000QH: "Pop Ballads" [US] (released 28 May 2009)

The foreign language packs have also been released.

The duplicate Britney Spears pack has been around for quite some time. A similar duplicate exists for one of the Queen song packs. It is not known why these duplicates sometimes occur. The video preview for the duplicate Britney Spears pack is identical to the first, so it is not likely to be a new pack. Plus it's been up there for months without anything happening (song pack coverarts are very rarely uploaded more than a fortnight before release).

The Lady GaGa thing is slightly different to how you've put it. The two song covers are shown separately on the carousel because of the second artist thing, but there's two different covers in the database simply because there are two different songs. Every unique song has it's own ID code (the PS2/PS3 disc editions and the SingStore versions of the same songs share codes, however).

The Festive Fun 2 pack wasn't up when I checked 6 hours ago. They must've done an update of the database this morning. I'll check for new additions later and report back (my internet is capped right now and I don't think it can handle 143MB of coverart).

So, I hate to steer away from the two previous hevy duty post, but Im considering picking up the game (since it seems like a more fulfilling experience than the Disney Sing It Games).

Should I just start with Singstar Vol 2 (US) and does it come with 2 microphones? The boxarts on websites are just too small for me to actually make it out.

Tntnnbltn

Dedication Through Light said:
So, I hate to steer away from the two previous hevy duty post, but Im considering picking up the game (since it seems like a more fulfilling experience than the Disney Sing It Games).

Should I just start with Singstar Vol 2 (US) and does it come with 2 microphones? The boxarts on websites are just too small for me to actually make it out.
Haha, don't let my hardcore nerd stuff worry you. :p

Look at the Vol 1 and Vol 2 tracklists and see whichever appeals to you most. Alternatively, if you are the entrepreneuring-type, you could import one of Vol 1-4 from the UK/Europe/Australia. Don't worry about having to get the latest release; whenever a new version is released the older ones get patched so that all games have the exact same functionality.

As far as I know, Vol 1 and Vol 2 are the only PS3 editions available in the US which are available as microphone bundles. Artist-specific titles (SingStar ABBA, SingStar Queen) are only available as solus editions. Make sure the one you are buying is actually a microphone bundle though, because Vol 1 and Vol 2 are also sold as solus editions too. It usually says either 'microphone bundle' or 'game only' on the descriptions. The only microphones currently available in the US are wired, but in Europe there are ultra-cool super-sweet wireless editions which are 1000x better.

If you purchase the game, one of the first things you should check out is the online SingStore. There's >700 English-language songs currently available in the US, with an additional 300 or so in the UK store. Because of pesky licensing issues, a lot of great songs can't be purchased from the US store, so many people purchase PSN Cards from the UK and then shop on the UK store to pick up the missing tracks. If you choose to do this, you'll have no problems with region-locking or anything except for....

SingStar has very strict DRM -- you can only download your content onto ONE PlayStation Console. Usually this isn't a big drama. You can always redownload to the same console for free, and it doesn't matter if you upgrade your harddrive. You'll only run into problems if your console breaks and you send it in for repair (and receive a different one back). If/when this occurs, you'll have to ring the PlayStation Help Line, and after you give them some details they'll be able to transfer the license to the new console (usually takes around about one week). The problem which I mentioned before can occur if you buy things from the UK store. I'm not sure if you're going to be able to get the US Help Line to
transfer content purchased in another region.

The game also has PS2 backwards compatability with previous SingStar games. This works even if your console doesn't have PS2 backwards compatability itself (all the game does is read the video and song data from the DVD, it doesn't actually emulate the game). This means that you can purchase any of the previously released PS2 games in the US (SingStar Amped, SingStar Rocks, SingStar 90s, SingStar Pop, SingStar Pop 2) to instantly boost your collection. To play songs from these games though you have to disc-swap -- no saving to hard drive. This can be annoying in party situations when you have to swap discs just for one song, and then swap back for a different song. That's why I exclusively stick with DLC over discs.

^ EDIT: PS2 games still have region-locking even when you use PS2 BC, so you can't import PS2 games from the UK.

Oh, and songs from the SingStore cost US$1.49 each.

That should cover it I think. :)

VOOK said:
Too late to vote on Delta? I go for Lost Without You... ;D
Hey now, don't see you in this neck of the woods very often.

Edit: Now I've got Crowded House in my head. 'Hey now, heeey noow, don't dream it's over'

Wow that was pretty detailed and answered tons of questions (even the PS2 Singstar games, I guess I will get Vol 2 today bundle).

Lastly, is there a place that lists all of the Downloadable songs? And is Coldplays "Viva la Vida" in the US store?

Tntnnbltn

Lastly, is there a place that lists all of the Downloadable songs? And is Coldplays "Viva la Vida" in the US store?
You can use this for now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tntnnbltn/draft-singstore-nov

There are also lists available on the official website but they can sometimes be unreliable. My list is definitely correct and up-to-date though.

No "Viva la Vida". It's literally just about the only Coldplay single that's not on the store.

lupinko

Wow that was pretty detailed and answered tons of questions (even the PS2 Singstar games, I guess I will get Vol 2 today bundle).

Viva la Vida is currently only on SingStar Vol 3 which is only in PAL regions right now.

That same disc also has Michael Jackson's Billie Jean and Lionel Richie's All Night Long.

It's my default SingStar disc. :D

woodypop

lupinko said:
Viva la Vida is currently only on SingStar Vol 3 which is only in PAL regions right now.

That same disc also has Michael Jackson's Billie Jean and Lionel Richie's All Night Long.

It's my default SingStar disc. :D
Same here. :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'm alway lurking, haven't bought any Singstar stuff since Queen came out so need some freshness :D

Tntnnbltn

IMAGE DATABASE UPDATED 30/11/2009 05:43 PM

Details:
Code:
IMAGES ADDED: 28

====================================================================================================
  CODE       IMG     VID    SINGSTORE?    COMMENTS
====================================================================================================
 100G6Y     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100G6Y.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100G6Y.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Cornershop – Brimful Of Asha (Norman Cook Remix)
 100ILT     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100ILT.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100ILT.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Chayanne – Torero
 100JUU     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100JUU.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100JUU.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Doris Day – Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
 100K0B     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100K0B.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100K0B.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Snow Patrol – Eyes Open
 100K8W     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100K8W.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100K8W.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Dodgy – Good Enough
 100LA6     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100LA6.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100LA6.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Superfamily – It’s A Lie
 100LKQ     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100LKQ.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100LKQ.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        McFly – All About You
 100LUD     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100LUD.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100LUD.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Mika – Love Today
 100M36     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100M36.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100M36.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Rogue Traders – I Never Liked You
 100MAL     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100MAL.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100MAL.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Johnny Mathis – When A Child Is Born
 100MQX     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100MQX.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100MQX.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Sarah Connor – Christmas In My Heart
 100MRD     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100MRD.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100MRD.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Cliff Richard – Saviour’s Day
 100MYS     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100MYS.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100MYS.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Glasvegas - Please Come Back Home
 100NLI     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100NLI.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100NLI.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Whimsical feat. Maria Mena – Everytime
 100NZ2     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100NZ2.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100NZ2.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Natalie Bassingthwaighte – Someday Soon
 100NZ3     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100NZ3.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100NZ3.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Natalie Bassingthwaighte – Alive
 100O5N     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100O5N.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100O5N.flv]*.flv[/url]       NO        Erasure - Stop
 100O7T     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100O7T.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100O7T.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Ida Maria – I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked
 100OAH     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100OAH.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100OAH.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Indica - Valoissa
 100OCP     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100OCP.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100OCP.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Dr Alban – It’s My Life
 100OG8     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100OG8.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100OG8.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Delta Goodrem - Believe
 100P47     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100P47.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100P47.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Elton John – Step Into Christmas
 100P5R     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100P5R.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100P5R.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Snow Patrol (Unknown track)
 100P5S     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100P5S.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100P5S.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Snow Patrol (Unknown track)
 100P6T     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_100P6T.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_100P6T.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        Placebo  – The Never-Ending Why
 2000V2     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_2000V2.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_2000V2.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        (SONG PACK) Snow Patrol
 2000V6     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_2000V6.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_2000V6.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        (SONG PACK) Festive Fun 2
 2000VC     [url=http://media.singstargame.com/covers/songs/image_2000VC.jpg]*.jpg[/url]   [url=http://media.singstargame.com/videos/previewclips/encoded/clip_2000VC.flv]*.flv[/url]      YES        (SONG PACK) Festive Fun 2
===================================================================================================

Note: FLV preview files are not live at time of posting

Thumbnails:
thumb_100G6Y.jpg
thumb_100ILT.jpg
thumb_100JUU.jpg
thumb_100K0B.jpg
thumb_100K8W.jpg
thumb_100LA6.jpg
thumb_100LKQ.jpg
thumb_100LUD.jpg
thumb_100M36.jpg
thumb_100MAL.jpg
thumb_100MQX.jpg
thumb_100MRD.jpg
thumb_100MYS.jpg
thumb_100NLI.jpg
thumb_100NZ2.jpg
thumb_100NZ3.jpg
thumb_100O5N.jpg
thumb_100O7T.jpg
thumb_100OAH.jpg
thumb_100OCP.jpg
thumb_100OG8.jpg
thumb_100P47.jpg
thumb_100P5R.jpg
thumb_100P5S.jpg
thumb_100P6T.jpg
thumb_2000V2.jpg
thumb_2000V6.jpg
thumb_2000VC.jpg

Release map:
(Still need to automate this one. :)

Analysis:
Nothing particularly surprising. All songs except one correspond to songs released in the last SingStore update (the website database lags behind actual releases). Interestingly, it included cover art for unreleased track 100O5N, which must correspond to Erasure - "Stop". The late removal of the Erasure track was already known thanks to a slip-up by the UK Facebook team.

In terms of licensing chronology there was a wide spread across the modern (100[F-P]xx) code range (back catalogue tracks from 100[0-2]xx are already uploaded and hence do not appear as new images). Two Snow Patrol songs from the new song pack were requested very recently and appear in the 100Pxx range; the team must've been eager to capitalise on the strong sales of "Chasing Cars". Another interesting tidbit is the three Christmas tracks in the 100Mxx range, which must correspond to Christmas last year.

Tntnnbltn

khuezy said:
Are the wireless mic actually better in quality than the wired mics?
In terms of actual technical quality (audio and whatnot): Wouldn't have a clue.

In terms of feel, weight, and enjoyability of not having cords: Definitely. After a month of using wireless mics it's virtually impossible to go back. I picked up my old ones to move them from my bedroom and they felt oh-so-wrong.

VOOK said:
I'm alway lurking, haven't bought any Singstar stuff since Queen came out so need some freshness :D
But... but... SingStar Queen predates the Universal Music Group deal. What have you been doing?

First step: You need some Lady GaGa, stat.

Toki767

Returners said:
I probably asked this before.

But is there a site that ships to US for Vol. 3 + Wireless Mics (is there a bundle?)
Wireless mics came out with Pop Edition which is Vol. 4 for all intents and purposes.

If you want Vol. 3 and wireless mics, you'll have to get them seperately.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
In terms of actual technical quality (audio and whatnot): Wouldn't have a clue.

In terms of feel, weight, and enjoyability of not having cords: Definitely. After a month of using wireless mics it's virtually impossible to go back. I picked up my old ones to move them from my bedroom and they felt oh-so-wrong.

But... but... SingStar Queen predates the Universal Music Group deal. What have you been doing?

First step: You need some Lady GaGa, stat.

What has he been doing, considering there is another 5 Queen songs that are NOT on SingStar Queen, like PRINCES OF THE UNIVERSE. :D

Returners

Toki767 said:
Wireless mics came out with Pop Edition which is Vol. 4 for all intents and purposes.

Ah I see. Also looking at the track lists for Vol. 3 and the Pop edition, it seems to me that they're looking to DLC more in US, songs in those disc releases are in the online Singstore.

One more question for US owners of EU discs, when you access Singstore with those discs, which version of the store comes up?

Tntnnbltn

Toki767 said:
To be fair, if you want Vol. 4 and wireless mics you'll still have to get them seperately. There's no wireless mic bundles with standard games.

Returners said:
One more question for US owners of EU discs, when you access Singstore with those discs, which version of the store comes up?
Whatever region account you are on.

woodypop

Returners said:
The Singstore you access is dependent on which user account you're signed in with on the PS3, not on the region of the disc. So signed in with US account -> US Singstore; signed in with UK account -> UK Singstore.

EDIT: beaten

Top Bottom