• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: SK Telecom StarCraft II Proleague 2014 – Protoss Hard at Work

SamuraiX-

Rain lost because he was too stubborn to wall-off with a second Zealot in his obviously leaky wall along with keeping his entire army at his third. Damn shame.

Then Rogue almost threw it away with his unit composition and engagements. He definitely has the talent and star sense to be an elite Zerg but his inexperience is still too obvious. Rooting for him to make it far at IEM Katowice so hopefully he'll start trying to participate in more foreign events.

Also, TRANSLATOR HYPE! Finally! :D

Rain doesn't strike me as a very reactionary player. He basically has a plan, and if you can counter it, he is broken.

I disagree. The Immortal/Archon/Colossus comp was the correct one. He more than likely would've won if he walled off his natural properly.

Ty4on

From Rouge matches I think Zerg players now know never to make Ultras vs Protoss lol.

When your first wave of ultras lost against a protoss with half your supply, don't make a second and third :p
Most toss won't take out all the spellcasters in 2 seconds though.

Timer for the next match should be in every stream. I've lost so many matches by muting the tab.

Just doesn't look like the old MVP. Hopefully we see a bit better in WCS EU.

Roach drops pretty amazing by RorO.

Terran still has no good solution to mass muta.

Thors and vikings do the job alright with turrets. Actually despite everything MVP could have had a chance if he hadn't lost all those reinforcements to the mutas. They should have been left at home to try and defend against mutas, they had no chance of ever reinforcement with the main army.

Aaron

Yeah, his parade rally cost him the game. Thors are really good against mutas, but they're so immobile. Vikings help a little, but even they're so damn slow. The two together in a mass was good, but hard to repair or reinforce. Turrets though are completely worthless when mutas reach those numbers. They go down in a single volley, and even the damage from a ring of them can be healed up very quickly.

Fell asleep right when Rain vs Rogue ended so I couldn't comment. Thought Rogue was gonna have a massive choke when he remaxed with Ultra's twice. The only time Ultra's are good in ZvP is if Protoss doesn't scout them. It's also the hardest tech to tech switch into Muta's since Protoss has Archon's left over.

Zen

Banned
CJ is in such a sorry state I find it hard to root for Prime.

True but at least Prime will get a few points on the board and the field is pretty close right now. D:

I just realized that Wolfs real name is apparently Wolf. I always thought it was his handle. XD

Fuck! Dammit MKP you need air dominance vs Mech. Also just wait for the mech army to move out and just take out bases because they cannot defend with only 3 tanks.

GO PRIME!!! Choya you need to win along with Creator and State.

Edit: Come on Prime! Don't go down 3-0! Creator please make the comeback with State and in the Ace.

Aaron

Choya did well considering he was outclassed. Creator is almost certain victory, but crazier things have happened.

Wow what a sweep. So disappointed as a fan but props to CJ. Wish I didn't have to stay up for this though.

No State, MKP losing a game to a simple mistake, Creator losing to huge drop harass and Choya simply being outclassed by herO.

Sigh, what a disappointment. Lets hope next few matches for Prime is much better. 3-0s are not fun.

Aaron

DRG is smashing Flash. Pretty amazing.

KT should have send out TY as their final boss. Flash had his ace match already.

Aaron

Zerg have become too predictable with always going mutas. Hiding the spire didn't fool Classic for a second.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Without reservation, I always root for Zerg.

I mostly live a sad life when watching these games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LOOOOOL how do you snipe the other dude's base with a widow mine? hahahaha

Wunder

WUNDEEERRRRRR!!

Are you back?! :D

I see you stomping ass and taking names in FPL. But you know I can't just let you have 1st, right? :p

dat 1 point disparity

I don't watch SC2 anymore, but I still made a FPL team. Lo and behold the day I check it and see that I'm #1 in most of the groups EXCEPT ONE. GOD DAMN YOU SAMURAI

Sucks for Jin Air that sOs is at IEM right now, although they don't have that hard of schedule this week. He's the only player 4-0 so far this round though.

Looking at the stats so far this round, it's Zerg struggling the most by far. They're 7-16 against Protoss and 3-7 against Terran. Terran are actually doing ok against Protoss this round going 8-9 so far.

Sucks for Jin Air that sOs is at IEM right now, although they don't have that hard of schedule this week. He's the only player 4-0 so far this round though.

To be fair, Maru hasn't been able to play lately due to Jin Air dominance lol.

Anyways MVP vs Jin Air doesn't look that exciting but for Prime's playoff chances, I hope Jin Air crushes MVP.

Edit: Wow amazing play by MVP. Sad for Jin Air and Prime but lets see what happens vs Samsung. I really hope it doesn't go bad for Prime.

Jin Air deserve getting 3-0 for playing Maru last. Really dumb when they don't have SoS.

If anything Maru could have gotten an extra win for his record but its on Jin Air.

I mean they had +9 which is sad to see as +6 now lol. Got too cocky with their wins.

Anyways go Prime!

Edit: Well Choya vs Reality went as expected. But wow Creator taking that win vs Hurricane was sick!

GO MKP! Let us please see your macro game vs Zerg.

Top Bottom