• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: SK Telecom StarCraft II Proleague 2014 – Protoss Hard at Work

Aaron

It was stupid to send out Effort first. They probably expected a protoss, but should have kept him for second just in case. CJ burned one of their aces for nothing.

They should in ZvZ on a 2 player map. I know it's harder on Merry Go around but still.

Smart play by Soulkey. Anytime you see Protoss take a quick 3rd, especially with a late Robo, you go mass Ling/Hydra.

I didn't think zergs ever drone scouted, i don't really when i play. By the time your drone sees whats happening can you really change much?

Soulkey made the smart play but really once hero threw away those phoenix he was in big trouble.

I didn't think zergs ever drone scouted, i don't really when i play. By the time your drone sees whats happening can you really change much?

Soulkey made the smart play but really once hero threw away those phoenix he was in big trouble.

If you know the player well like in Proleague you can usually guess when to go hatch first. Soulkey does early pools a lot though in ZvZ so I'm not sure why effort did.

Wtf at that build by Bbyong.

Proleague on in an hour. Looks like it'll start a half hour later on Sunday's this season. Interesting that SKT1 is using Fantasy twice this week. Also lol at Maru playing Stork again tomorrow.

Aaron

It's for the best Fantasy has lousy ghost control. MVP being shut out would have been sad.

I guess the transform circuit has helped terran against zerg a little.

Stupid of Action to stay committed to Lings once Colossi were out. Should have gone Ultralisks immediately once his Hive finished since he still had 0 upgrades for his Swarm Hosts.

Wtf by Effort. Stats went Nexus first and had a ton of Probes. You think Stats if going to spend all of his good economy on a single Stargate?

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Good win by SK. The Gumiho match was especially entertaining, it had everything. The highlight (though painful) however was this:

EEbG0fy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbqnP8mlhkw

He refocused after that and still won the game.

HoodWinked

maru is better than stork he just sat in the storms cause he was just being cocky since he was so far ahead. cant underestimate the brokenness of psi storm.

man kassia was so happy and to do it against codeS player soo must feel so good. even if it was a build order win

Zen

Banned
I dunno I would have done the same in Marus position and thought it all would have worked out fine. I was very surprised at the result.

si storm is why I go mech ghost, emp for life.

peakish

Prime could probably become a competitive team if they had just one more somewhat reliable player. Creator is doing great and MKP has a decent record. They're one Cure away from that.

Zen

Banned
Creator is a handsome guy. He can tell that he an Marine King are close/the team leaders, with the way they were constantly talking to one another throughout the night, and standing together after creators win.

I wouldnt be surprised if they go to the same stylist just looking at them.

Well apparently I have man crushes on them now. Joy.

Jin Air vs SKT1 about to start. First two match are great, next 2 are SvZ's but I want to see if soO is still in god mode from Code S.

That attack was dead when Rain lost the Warp Prism without sniping the Mothership Core.

Lol what a ridiculous game.

ZvZ is gonna be better with more Zerg opening greedier after seeing soO and Dark hold against early pools.

Brood Lord vs Brood Lord is the most hilarious thing to watch.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Ever sincen the terrible changes to gomtv ive been out of the loop.

What's happening in the world of starcraft?how's the balance? The metagame?
What are the things to watch and the best ways to watch them?
Im currently living in Seoul, what should i go check out?

Answers or a place to find these answers would be great! I've been out of it for two long!

Syf

Banned
Ever sincen the terrible changes to gomtv ive been out of the loop.

What's happening in the world of starcraft?how's the balance? The metagame?
What are the things to watch and the best ways to watch them?
Im currently living in Seoul, what should i go check out?

Answers or a place to find these answers would be great! I've been out of it for two long!
The balance is good right now, though terran is still underrepresented in WCS because of the last couple seasons of poor results. Meta has shifted since the two protoss nerf patches and the latest terran buff that allows hellions to transform to hellions without the old upgrade. It's taken a long time, but I feel the game is in a good place right now as far as balance goes.

With you living in Seoul you should check out Proleague and the GSL. Both of them can be watched on Twitch and are held in Korea. GSL playoffs are going on right now.

boiled goose

good with gravy
The balance is good right now, though terran is still underrepresented in WCS because of the last couple seasons of poor results. Meta has shifted since the two protoss nerf patches and the latest terran buff that allows hellions to transform to hellions without the old upgrade. It's taken a long time, but I feel the game is in a good place right now as far as balance goes.

With you living in Seoul you should check out Proleague and the GSL. Both of them can be watched on Twitch and are held in Korea. GSL playoffs are going on right now.

Awesome thanks! Man GSL is so hard to find info for now...
Where can I find information about the location of the studio and the schedule??

I can't believe how terrible accessing content and info is.

Wait is GSL free now?

Syf

Banned
You can see the schedule on the Liquid site I linked. Just click on the little 'i' by each match in the bracket. Classic vs Maru is actually tonight (or tomorrow for you? idk, 17 hours away anyway). And here's their official site now: http://www.gomexp.com/en/index.gom. Looks like they have a map there for their new studio.

Proleague is on. First match up is meh but the second is KT vs SKT1. Matches for that are Flash vs Parting, Zest vs Soulkey, Stats vs Rain, and TY vs soO. Won't be able to stay up late enough to watch it though.

Aaron

First series ended up much less meh than anyone expected. Second series pretty good so far.

Terran could use another energy based unit. Ravens are nice, but zergs have swarm, infestor, and broodlord.

This has nothing to do with balance though. Sooo made a bunch of ultras, and TY's answer was mass vikings. No marauders. Really, really late to make hellbats.

Proleague on in half an hour. Two good TvZ's today with Flash vs Life and Soulkey vs Bbyong. Shocked SKT1 is playing soO but I think he'll be replaced anyways.

Top Bottom