• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: SK Telecom StarCraft II Proleague 2014 – Protoss Hard at Work

Aaron

I actually felt bad for the protoss there. That was a humiliating contain. He had all those collossi, but didn't mean anything.

Such a fun game :D. Not sure what's up with that toss build but i don't really like it. Maru must have been so happy to see him go that style.

Just on a random note i have to wonder what blizz's logic is in terms of not nerfing the oracle. Their buff clearly failed to achieved what they intended it to and instead just made oracles even more powerful early game. As an observer i find myself frustrated watching them, with the control of protoss at the top level terrans are basically helpless against them. I don't think they need to be THAT fast to achieve what they need to.

Either bring their speed back down or make it so they kill just a little slower.

Aaron

Why do casters never remember that Flash had fallen off near the end of Broodwar? He was only doing okay and hardly god-like near the end.

I just loved that game, reminded of BW times. I just love when terrans find these strange little nooks to siege their tanks up in. Loving all these new maps and seeing some cool strats like that. Hopefully we see even more stuff like that in the future.

Sucks about the ace match. All those great terran players and we get stats :/.

Congrats, SamuraiX-. Dream finally won a game. Even if you didn't believe in him enough to put him on your FL.

Judging by that game it wasn't such a poor choice. He won but it wasn't a very convincing performance, some impressive splitting though.

Edit: Wolfs commentary has been bugging me more and more. He really makes stuff up a lot to sound like he knows what he's talking about. Things like players style and so on, especially for old ESF players and it annoys me because i know what he's saying isn't remotely true. That plus he constantly tries to predict things basically always gets it wrong and then acts like he knows exactly what is happening. I think i prefer when is with a more knowledgeable caster.

I think you can tell that he doesn't really play or watch the game like he used to. At one point i thought he was one of the more knowledgeable casters but now he's more like tasteless (without the humor or voice to back it up).

Aaron

Yeah, Wolf has dropped off, but I think Tasteless has gotten better. Out of all the GSL casters, his predictions are the most likely to come true. He doesn't really bullshit, but breaks down how the players are approaching the match up, while Artosis can chime in with more in depth analysis.

Yeah, Wolf has dropped off, but I think Tasteless has gotten better. Out of all the GSL casters, his predictions are the most likely to come true. He doesn't really bullshit, but breaks down how the players are approaching the match up, while Artosis can chime in with more in depth analysis.

Actually yeah i've kinda felt similar that tasteless seems to have improved his knowledge.

Aaron

Only half paid attention to this while watching Dreamhack, but was pretty interesting with Moonglade adding to the cast. The Soulkey vs Maru game had one of the largest baneling explosions I've seen in a while.

When did Oz join Proleague? Great idea to do a DT drop since Rogue never saw what came out of the Robo and wasn't going to be able to scout his main until Lair.

Damn that game was intense as hell. sOs was probably dead if he went 12 gate instead of 11 gate.

Of course the one night I intentionally stay up late to watch Proleague it gets delayed an hour...

That was almost a horrible choke by Parting. Got lucky that somehow TY didn't see his tech during that drop.

That was pathetic by Bbyong.

Rain with the worst Time Warp of all time and still completely dominated Hydra. Liked the strat from him but he should have been prepared for that counter attack.

I don't get why Zerg don't get early gas in ZvZ. If you get Zergling speed and your opponent doesn't you get a free 3rd. Also not sure why Zerg don't contaminate more often. Should have an Overseer at each base using it whenever you have energy.

Aaron

Great splits by Keen, but passive style and no widow mines meant a slow death.

Shouldn't have watched Prime play. Was just depressing.

Top Bottom